Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Draft Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Yeah...I'm in no way anti-lock, but I still contend that if there is a QB you actually like at 9, you have to make the mlm over and let things figure themselves out later.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. His accuracy was atrocious. He completion % was laughable. He was the definition of a project. All the visible tools, none of the actual production.
    Can you please post their college number side by side then come back and tell me I am wrong. He % was bad. So was his accuracy. There is a huge difference between someone that has produced and needs to be polished and someone that has thrown like 250 passes. He literally is 1/3 of where Allen was.

Allen had a track record. He didnt just spark one year. Not even the same.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Can you please post their college number side by side then come back and tell me I am wrong. He % was bad. So was his accuracy. There is a huge difference between someone that has produced and needs to be polished and someone that has thrown like 250 passes. He literally is 1/3 of where Allen was.

Allen had a track record. He didnt just spark one year. Not even the same.
    U silly

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

But my point stands.

Top 10 picks are not for guys like Lance.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    But my point stands.

Top 10 picks are not for guys like Lance.
    Lance is like an 18 year old European basketball player. You can see the huge upside when he gets more experience and learns the pro game better...but you aren't picking him at the top of the draft. You're getting him late in the first round or in the 2nd. Draft and stash.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Shurmur also expected to attend Trey Lance’s second passing session Monday per source. Crunch time for Broncos in search to upgrade QB position. #9sports
    Funny how some people are posting articles and what not saying Denver is fine with Lock and that Paton isnt looking to upgrade the position. But then other sources are saying that is exactly what Denver is and has been trying to do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I feel like you really have to be intentionally burying your head in the sand to act like Payton hasn't been trying to upgrade the QB position this offseason. Just because he's given a few quotes to the media saying he likes and believes in Lock (because WTF else would he say publicly if he wants Lock to retain trade value?) doesn't mean he hasn't been looking under every rock to either bring in competition or a replacement. It's beyond clear to me that he's trying to find someone else to be our QB, I'm fairly amazed others either can't or won't see this.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I feel like you really have to be intentionally burying your head in the sand to act like Payton hasn't been trying to upgrade the QB position this offseason. Just because he's given a few quotes to the media saying he likes and believes in Lock (because WTF else would he say publicly if he wants Lock to retain trade value?) doesn't mean he hasn't been looking under every rock to either bring in competition or a replacement. It's beyond clear to me that he's trying to find someone else to be our QB, I'm fairly amazed others either can't or won't see this.

When you use the term "upgrade" it means you are not happy with the product you have. I dont care what lip service Paton and company have been having. They arent using the terms "compete" or "backup" and as you said a few days back Denver has been trying very hard this offseason to find another guy. No one expects the coaches or Paton to bash Lock because they know very damn well if they cant get another QB that they are going to have to rely on Lock so naturally they wont drag him through the mud publicly. But clearly Denver isnt satisfied with Lock as the starter otherwise they wouldnt be trying this hard to find another QB.

Adopted Bronco:

I tend to think it is what it looks like. Paton is doing his due diligence and taking a look at every option that presents itself. Whether that be an upgrade or at the least, some veteran competition. I don't think he is desperately seeking an immediate replacement, but merely investigating them if the options do come about.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I tend to think it is what it looks like. Paton is doing his due diligence and taking a look at every option that presents itself. Whether that be an upgrade or at the least, some veteran competition. I don't think he is desperately seeking an immediate replacement, but merely investigating them if the options do come about.
    Had the Watson stuff not happened, I fully believe he'd have been our QB in 2021 and going forward. Now that that ship seems to have sailed off into happy ending land, I think Paton is probably resigned to the fact that Lock will be the guy in 2021, but I think he'll absolutely bring competition be it Mishew or Bridgewater or a rookie, and Lock will have to massively prove it this year to stick around in 2022.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, dont really agree there. Buffalo, Baltimore, Arizona, these arent teams that are looking to upgrade the QB's positions and they are all very young. If you are a team that is happy with you QB position you dont waste resources on that position. I think Wave is correct, i think people are just being blinded by how the team feels about Lock.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Some good stuff here.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, dont really agree there. Buffalo, Baltimore, Arizona, these arent teams that are looking to upgrade the QB's positions and they are all very young. If you are a team that is happy with you QB position you dont waste resources on that position. I think Wave is correct, i think people are just being blinded by how the team feels about Lock.
    I think the difference is what those teams had invested in their QB. All were 1st round picks and teams generally wait a little longer for them to pan out. I don't know that Denver is just completely bailing on Lock after what basically amounts to one full season, but fans use the 2nd round mentality and are ready to move on. I think had we taken Lock in the 1st...there would be more patience.

That said...if the opportunity to realistically obtain Watson came about, then you include Lock in that deal for a 25 year old superstar. The Stafford deal...I'm not so sure you do include Lock, so it kind of makes sense that it could have been a deal breaker simply based on Stafford's age compared to Watson. Both are upgrades, but one is short term. Neither is happening, so I see Denver looking to improve the QB room WITH Lock in it. Watson and Stafford were the only potential options that were true significant upgrades worthy of the capital it would take to get them.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Had the Watson stuff not happened, I fully believe he'd have been our QB in 2021 and going forward. Now that that ship seems to have sailed off into happy ending land, I think Paton is probably resigned to the fact that Lock will be the guy in 2021, but I think he'll absolutely bring competition be it Mishew or Bridgewater or a rookie, and Lock will have to massively prove it this year to stick around in 2022.
    Totally agree on the Watson deal, but like you said...that is dead. Hearing a ton of chatter about Bridgewater, so I can see that happening at the latest by the time of the draft. Maybe if Fields falls to pick 9, then Paton goes that route, but I don't see him trading up...and I'm not 100% convinced he would take a QB anyway. We shall see.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Totally agree on the Watson deal, but like you said...that is dead. Hearing a ton of chatter about Bridgewater, so I can see that happening at the latest by the time of the draft. Maybe if Fields falls to pick 9, then Paton goes that route, but I don't see him trading up...and I'm not 100% convinced he would take a QB anyway. We shall see.
    I also tend to think the Watson thing is maybe why Paton wasn't as aggressive as he could have been on Stafford and Wentz. Had Watson never been an option, I think there's a decent chance he'd have pulled the trigger on that Stafford deal that was rumored to be offered to us.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information