Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Draft Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Who knows what's coming out of college this year.

I'd hire a squad of PIs to find out how dedicated any given prospect is. How much they go Jeudy for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Say a team with a QB ends up in position to get either/or and Jackshitville is there at 7-ish with two 1st round picks, that’s the starting point of negotiations. Because the Jets and Carolina will be ahead of the Jagoffs.

Also say you get Jets or Carolina to bite, Jagoffs are still in play for Fields, and the price is still heavy.
    Thoughts on Lance?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Trevor Lawrence, please.
    Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Do you take Trevor Lawrence if you get it?
    Generational once-in-a-lifetime QB... this is rhetorical, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    In theory I'd rather stick with Lock and just get a massive haul for the top pick if we got it, but if we actually do get the top pick, that would have to mean Lock regressed or missed the whole season, so who knows.
    It means you trade Lock.

Why would you stick with a Ford Pinto and not drive the McLaren P1?
    Go Broncos!

5. The Following User High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    Generational once-in-a-lifetime QB... this is rhetorical, right?
    No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

No.
    Interesting.
    Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Interesting.
    I am not sold on Lawrence being a generational talent. I get the measurables. I get the speed and the size, etc. I see some red flags in the actual on-field performance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Interesting.
    Does Lawrence have that Luck/Manning/Elway alpha-alpha-dog in him?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Jaded, let's talk IT factor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Does Lawrence have that Luck/Manning/Elway alpha-alpha-dog in him?
    Turned out Luck didn’t ....

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Turned out Luck didn’t ....
    It's close.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's close.
    Before I take heat for this. Luck seemed to have it all, and he was a generational talent, but in the end I don’t think he had killer competitor part to a T. And that’s not to mean he wasn’t a killer competitor on the field, I think he was. He willed bad teams to win much like Elway did early on. But he, as an extremely intelligent person with a bright future in architecture (likely) decided the damage to his body inflicted by the game was too much and he sacrificed that competitive nature on the field for a career outside of football earlier than the other great generational talents. So that “killer” wasn’t quite there in the end.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah, seems clear he didn't value the accolades of the game like the others. He was also into it later, and times have changed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The prizes for killing went down is what I mean.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah, seems clear he didn't value the accolades of the game like the others. He was also into it later, and times have changed.
    They have.

And one of the “flags” I have is I wonder if he’s better than Mahomes, Watson and Jackson? Or any of the other young quarterbacks who have flashed, like Allen and Murray. He’s not better than Mahomes. He wasn’t a “generational” talent. He got drafted at 10 (if memory serves). His game is most like Allen. He doesn’t have the pure arm talent of Mahomes. He doesn’t have the speed and running ability of Murray and Jackson. Watson and Lawrence both played at Clemson, so I think we can use the transitive property to assume that he is learning the game, as opposed to some other quarterbacks who have showed up in the league using raw talent rather than the intelligent side of the game. And it all leads me to, I don’t know.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information