4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Penei Sewell just sounds like the name of a guy who's gonna be an all-pro for 10-15 years.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Slater will have to play G in the NFL and he’s no Quenton Nelson.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Please let the idiots undervalue Leatherwood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Please let the idiots undervalue Leatherwood.
    Sadly we will, We just paid Bolles because he somehow is a golden child now that the NFL has stopped calling holding, and James salary and dead cap are to big so I doubt Denver looks high for OT next year. I disagree with that as I think our tackle position is still a joke, but I am pretty confident we wont be drafting a OT high. With that being said though would they consider him in rd 1 as a backup swing T/guard Candidate? Do you pay a top 15 pick for that for him? going to be interesting for sure. I think a case can be made for CB, Edge, OT and even a upgrade like Parsons next year in rd 1, safety could be a issue as well depending on what goes on with Kjax.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Sadly we will, We just paid Bolles because he somehow is a golden child now that the NFL has stopped calling holding, and James salary and dead cap are to big so I doubt Denver looks high for OT next year. I disagree with that as I think our tackle position is still a joke, but I am pretty confident we wont be drafting a OT high. With that being said though would they consider him in rd 1 as a backup swing T/guard Candidate? Do you pay a top 15 pick for that for him? going to be interesting for sure. I think a case can be made for CB, Edge, OT and even a upgrade like Parsons next year in rd 1, safety could be a issue as well depending on what goes on with Kjax.
    If we take Leatherwood, he's our starting RT the next day. Perhaps our secondary concerns push that position back as a priority, but he's better than who we have there now

10. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

If we take Leatherwood, he's our starting RT the next day. Perhaps our secondary concerns push that position back as a priority, but he's better than who we have there now
    Do we pay James to sit the bench? Doubtful.....Gordon is a example of being paid high dollar despite crappy performance but still gives you extra chances. James is being paid 13 mil with a dead cap of 19 mil next year due to his opt out for covid. He is our starting RT regardless of who we draft.....we cant afford post covid and cap situation for next year to move him yet at a 19 mil dead cap hit. Right wrong or indifferent he is the starting RT next year. Personally I would also re-sign Dotson as the swing on a vet deal, end the Elijah at tackle BS, and force James to give us something for the money. I like leatherwood he is legit, but I don't see Denver going that route.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Do we pay James to sit the bench? Doubtful.....Gordon is a example of being paid high dollar despite crappy performance but still gives you extra chances. James is being paid 13 mil with a dead cap of 19 mil next year due to his opt out for covid. He is our starting RT regardless of who we draft.....we cant afford post covid and cap situation for next year to move him yet at a 19 mil dead cap hit. Right wrong or indifferent he is the starting RT next year. Personally I would also re-sign Dotson as the swing on a vet deal, end the Elijah at tackle BS, and force James to give us something for the money. I like leatherwood he is legit, but I don't see Denver going that route.
    Agreed. Our O line could be really good next year. Seems as if all of our skill positions on offence are set also. I'd like to see us concentrate on the defense side of the ball. I think our DL is going to be OK. An edge guy would be good as Von is getting long in the tooth and coming off of injury. Jewell had played OK but would still like a stud MLB and would like to see us add a few young DB's.
    All in all, I thought we were looking pretty good coming into this season as we are young. Injuries have killed us. I do think we will be very competitive next year.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

14. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Agreed. Our O line could be really good next year. Seems as if all of our skill positions on offence are set also. I'd like to see us concentrate on the defense side of the ball. I think our DL is going to be OK. An edge guy would be good as Von is getting long in the tooth and coming off of injury. Jewell had played OK but would still like a stud MLB and would like to see us add a few young DB's.
    All in all, I thought we were looking pretty good coming into this season as we are young. Injuries have killed us. I do think we will be very competitive next year.

Im with you.

Id like to see an ILB, CB, DE/OLB, T, S.

That is 5 positions. If we can land one or 2 in Free agency. Then we can get the others with our top 3 picks. I like that. I love the sound of that. Elway keeps getting crap for how he has built the team, but it is not that bad at all. We do not have a ton of needs imo. Now if we suck bad enough that Trevor or Fields are in play then that is a different discussion. I do not think we will though.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I want a CB. If we can get someone like parsons for the LB core and send Jewell back to special teams I'm good with that to lol, a case can be made for safety depending on Simmons and kjax status....pretty sure we pick up kjax option though and I could actually see us tag Simmons again now that LT is filled.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Do we really expect James to actually play for us?

I think so.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

James is on borrowed time, find his replacement now. Denver’s depth is Jake Rodgers.

Draft two T’s in the first 3 rounds AND bring Dotson back.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I expect him to start next year play 4 games, whine about his knee and go to IR, hence the cheap Dotson signing. I expect him to be cut the following year. I just don't see Denver spending a top 12 pick on a RT with Bolels and James making so much money. I do not think it wise to ignore RT because of James crap. Hence the stop gap of Dotson. A case should be made to draft a RT of the future for that exact reason. However in a tight money year I just don't see Denver doing that. Even more so if its true about Callahan's foot, and what happens with Kjax and Vons options, plus Simmons status. I also think Lindsay is a RFA or UDFA so we may lose him, and Gordon is a 9 million dollar RB who isn't playing up to that. I don't agree with that being a 1st rd need, but I could see that as well.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information