Poll: Munchak overrated

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mike Munchak

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Btw, Demar Dotson looks like a massive upgrade to me.
    NO lie. Makes you wonder why in the hell they ever started Wilkinson?

Of course Cushenberry has been abysmal. Rushers have come from right up the middle, and off both guards.

I will say I'm surprised that Garrett Bolles hasn't been the worst Broncos OL. You shouldn't over-exaggerate how good he is; he shines in comparison to absolute turds in the middle 3 G-C-G.

But, he's not the problem with the OL right now. And Dotson can actually pass-block. Once again it seems that the Broncos have stumbled reluctantly into a valuable starter. First refused to play him (shades of Drew Lock); insisted that they start somebody else (Joe Flacco).

Then somebody else sucks. The fans demand change. Fangio stubbornly resists. He and Elway want "their guys" even when "their guys" suck so clearly that every fan can see it.

They are forced by injury to "their guy" to play the guy all the fans have been chanting for all season. Surprise! The fans were right. The substitute comes in and balls out; showing such clear superiority that you have to wonder, "what the hell were they thinking?"

It was so clear a blind squirrel could have found that acorn, but somehow the Broncos brain trust kept going with Wilkinson despite him being horrible, all the time having Dotson on the bench just waiting to be inserted into the game!

Apparently they were pleasantly surprised. But, what took them so long to see Wilkinson's utter worthlessness. How was that not clear after 1 game? Why did it take till week 4?
    Last edited by Cugel; 10-03-2020 at 04:21 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

Of course Cushenberry has been abysmal. Rushers have come from right up the middle, and off both guards.

I will say I'm surprised that Garrett Bolles hasn't been the worst Broncos OL. You shouldn't over-exaggerate how good he is; he shines in comparison to absolute turds in the middle 3 G-C-G.

But, he's not the problem with the OL right now. And Dotson can actually pass-block. Once again it seems that the Broncos have stumbled reluctantly into a valuable starter. First refused to play him (shades of Drew Lock); insisted that they start somebody else (Joe Flacco).

Then somebody else sucks. The fans demand change. Fangio stubbornly resists. He and Elway want "their guys" even when "their guys" suck so clearly that every fan can see it.

They are forced by injury to "their guy" to play the guy all the fans have been chanting for all season. Surprise! The fans were right. The substitute comes in and balls out; showing such clear superiority that you have to wonder, "what the hell were they thinking?"

It was so clear a blind squirrel could have found that acorn, but somehow the Broncos brain trust kept going with Wilkinson despite him being horrible, all the time having Dotson on the bench just waiting to be inserted into the game!

Apparently they were pleasantly surprised. But, what took them so long to see Wilkinson's utter worthlessness. How was that not clear after 1 game? Why did it take till week 4?
    Two things;

A) I don’t think Bolles was ever the Broncos worst O-Linemen, but that’s not saying much.
    And B) the Broncos actually expected people to believe that Wilkinson could play LT, now I know he played LT in college but think about that for a second.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    1 season and no offseason. And a very subpar talent pool. For me munch gets 3 seasons before you all run him out.
    BTW - I’m calling it here - Bolles will be no less than a pro bowl alternative by seasons end. That will be Munch’s doing.
    Too early to bump this?

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    He’s got a rookie center, a LT who is as dumb as a box of rocks and the big FA prize they signed at RT is not even playing.
    Bolles is only the number 1 rated LT in the entire NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

Bolles being elite has nothing to do with other Broncos OL, the entire league has recognized bolles as the number one rated LT in the league. Munchek has done a amazing job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Bolles is only the number 1 rated LT in the entire NFL.
    Sell high.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I listen to Ryan Edwards last night on a pod cast. He was talking about Garett Bolles. I didn't know that Bolles has a learning disorder. They said that Munchak and Cooper have learned how to teach Bolles. I think this makes Munchak really special. He not only has a lot of knowledge but he's found ways to pass this knowledge on to others.
    Getting Stoked

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Too soon to fire Fangio and promote Munchak to HC??

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Just what we need - another coordinator being promoted out of their comfort zone!

Hi Coach, good to see you back around.
    Anyway, I don’t think even V Lombardi could win with this injury riddled team this year. Next year is looking sweet though. We have a young team.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Makes no sense to fire Vic this season. This has been the year from hell, and a lot of it has been out of his control. I think he's done great to keep the team as competitive as he has.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Makes no sense to fire Vic this season. This has been the year from hell, and a lot of it has been out of his control. I think he's done great to keep the team as competitive as he has.
    Yea, I'm about tired of the carousel and this year isn't a good year to gauge anything with. We have a team with the highest paid players on IR. I'm in for another season to see it through.

21. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'll admit I preferred Munchak from the beginning, but even in a year of chaos, there are just too many things happening each week that scream Fangio was a poor choice...and none of them have anything to do with the talent on the field or the virus in the news. I'm not one that favors a continuing coaching carousel either, but I'm also not one to stick with a poor coach for the simple reason of ending the carousel. Which I suppose takes us to the next level. Fix the ownership situation...so that it can fix the leadership (Elway) situation...which will fix the personnel and coaching situations.

Bottom line...as long as ownership and leadership sit as they do...we aren't seeing the playoffs any time soon.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I'll admit I preferred Munchak from the beginning, but even in a year of chaos, there are just too many things happening each week that scream Fangio was a poor choice...and none of them have anything to do with the talent on the field or the virus in the news. I'm not one that favors a continuing coaching carousel either, but I'm also not one to stick with a poor coach for the simple reason of ending the carousel. Which I suppose takes us to the next level. Fix the ownership situation...so that it can fix the leadership (Elway) situation...which will fix the personnel and coaching situations.

Bottom line...as long as ownership and leadership sit as they do...we aren't seeing the playoffs any time soon.

Im not sure I agree with all of this.

I do not see a problem with Elway. Vic is meh to me. I like him enough, but do not dislike him enough to remove him from office. I agree about the ownership.

However, all of that imo is completely useless with out a QB. Everything comes back to QB. No one had an issue with Elway or Pat being gone when we had Peyton. We, Like All Teams, will not make the playoffs without a QB. The teams that do have a QB.

Who the hell were the chiefs before Mahomo?
    Who were the titans before Tannehill?
    Who were the chargers before Herbert?
    Who were the bucs before Brady?
    Who were the falcons before ryan?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

25. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'm in the give Fangio a pass for 2020 camp. Covid, injuries, youth. 1 is systematically destroying our society as we know it. The other 2 make it very hard for a coach to succeed.

Look at every offensive position and see how long each individual player has been in the league. Everyone but the linemen have 3 or fewer years of experience...and 40% of them are in year 2 or less.

We lost Von, Sutton, James, and a handful of other key players. Everyone has injuries, but ours have been in key spots and seemingly most have been season ending.

We loved Elways 2019 draft and the 2020 has a ton of potential when we can actually assess them once this crapfest of a year is over.

Flame away.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 12-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information