Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Source: Denver Broncos to sign QB Blake Bortles after Drew Lock injury

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Jeff won the Maxwell and Gatorade high school player of the year awards. He was also ranked as the best pro style quarterback in that class by rivals and scout. I'm not trying to say that that translates to the nfl, but he is a superb athlete and throws a good ball. the thing for him has always been recognition and touch

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

So... Driskel starts right? Asking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Well, he is tall
    Hmmmn. 6'5". That's not near tall enough for Elway to name him one of his favorite giraffes. Now "Paxton . . . is tall." So is Brock!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11nominee-graphic-popup1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	17793

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yeah, Bortles can’t practice until Friday at the earliest, I think, COVID protocols.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yeah, Bortles can’t practice until Friday at the earliest, I think, COVID protocols.
    Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Bortles is going to be the back-up Sunday if he passes COVID protocol. This FO doesn't want to rely on Rypien if Driskel goes down. Bortles has experience as a vet. your number 2 is often a vet, Drew is now on IR. pretty smart move actually. I mean if Drioskel goes down do we really want Rypien and Freeman as our options lol. Blake isn't amazing but it could be worse, He fits in well as a Back-up QB
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Where is cutler these days?
    He's languishing in Montana after his wife dumped him. She got tired of eating turd every night.

Funniest part: she divorced him because he was "lazy and unmotivated" -- which any Broncos or NFL fan could have told her before she married him!

Jay Cutler coping with Kristin Cavallari divorce in Montana

By Jaclyn Hendricks

June 1, 2020 | 2:27pm | Updated
    Kristin Cavallari divorcing ‘lazy’ Jay Cutler because he was ‘unmotivated’

Jay Cutler opted for a change of scenery amid his divorce from wife Kristin Cavallari.

On Thursday, the former NFL quarterback — who is based in Nashville — posted a collection of photos from his trip to Montana on Instagram.

“Well done MT. Until next time,” Cutler captioned the images, with one featuring a rainbow.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jay Cutler (@ifjayhadinstagram) on May 28, 2020 at 10:26am PDT

In April, Cutler and Cavallari revealed they were breaking up after seven years of marriage. The announcement came shortly after the pair returned to the US from the Bahamas, where they were quarantined with friends for three weeks.
    Cutler and Cavallari share three children: sons Camden, 7, and Jaxon, 6, and 4-year-old daughter Saylor.
    Enlarge Image
    Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari
    Getty Images

Prior to the divorce, the pair’s relationship was prominently featured on Cavallari’s reality series, “Very Cavallari,” in which Cutler, 37, became something of a breakout star. Last month, Cavallari, 33, announced the show would end after three seasons. see also Kristin Cavallari's ex-pal denies having an affair with Jay Cutler

“As I start this new chapter in my life, I have decided not to continue with ‘Very Cavallari,'” she said. “I’ve absolutely loved my time filming and am so grateful to E! Entertainment for making this journey possible.”

The show not only encompassed the evolution of Cavallari’s business, Uncommon James, but addressed Cutler’s post-football plans, as well as the dissolution of Cavallari’s friendship with stylist Kelly Henderson.

In January, Cavallari spoke to Page Six about Henderson, who was rumored to have been involved with Cutler. The mother of three said it was “challenging” at first to discuss Henderson, noting she was “hesitant to put it out there until I could really wrap my head around it and know what was going on.”

Last month, Henderson said she had “nothing to do” with Cavallari’s divorce from Cutler.

“I’m just going to go ahead and put this out there, there was never an affair. I have nothing to do with their divorce, and I’m not dating Jay Cutler,” Henderson said on Laura Wasser’s “All Fair” podcast.

As for Cutler, he recently wished Cavallari a happy Mother’s Day on Instagram, calling the former “Hills” star “a good one.”

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    starting. . . and finishing!! like a boss. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Bortles is going to be the back-up Sunday if he passes COVID protocol. This FO doesn't want to rely on Rypien if Driskel goes down. Bortles has experience as a vet. your number 2 is often a vet, Drew is now on IR. pretty smart move actually. I mean if Drioskel goes down do we really want Rypien and Freeman as our options lol. Blake isn't amazing but it could be worse, He fits in well as a Back-up QB
    is it wrong that i was half rooting for jeff to twist an ankle, so we could see royce back there? let's be honest-- that would be WAY more entertaining than watching rypien. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Pretty much this. Not like there is much else out there right now on the market. Bortles is about as good as we could have done. In fact, I think he's a better option than Driskel anyway, so I'm not really sure why we didn't sign him in the first place.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Iirc, JFE has always liked Bortles ... and I like his wife.

Bortles > Case Rypien = Science.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He was the QB of a team that was just a few plays from making a super bowl. Granted that was their defense, but there is way worse we could have done as a backup. He should be starting as soon as he's up to speed.

I don't really buy into what Driskel did against Pitt. No Broncos tape on him and they didn't prepare for him. If he lights up Tampa I'll change my tune.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He was the QB of a team that was just a few plays from making a super bowl. Granted that was their defense, but there is way worse we could have done as a backup. He should be starting as soon as he's up to speed.

I don't really buy into what Driskel did against Pitt. No Broncos tape on him and they didn't prepare for him. If he lights up Tampa I'll change my tune.
    Driskel missed two wide open TD’s, as good as he played he should’ve played better. And that’s coming from someone who has always liked Driskel.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

it moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information