Thread: Report: Kyle Shanahan, Vic Fangio, Pete Carroll fined six figures for not wearing masks on Sunday

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: Kyle Shanahan, Vic Fangio, Pete Carroll fined six figures for not wearing masks on Sunday

The NFL is cracking down on coaches who are not wearing required masks appropriately. The league is fining three head coaches and their teams, according to multiple reports. ESPN’s Adam Schefter got the details on who was getting fined.

The group includes Denver Broncos head coach Vic Fangio, Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, and San Francisco 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan. Each coach was fined $100,000 and each of their teams was fined $250,000.

The news came out during Monday Night Football, and it seems like there’s a decent bet Sean Payton and maybe Jon Gruden face fines for their mask-wearing approach. It’s been less than ideal. The league is attempting to contain Covid-19 and has imposed mask requirements for non-active players during the game. It remains to be seen how much it helps and how much is sanitation theater, but the NFL is clearly not pleased with some of the coaches.
    https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/...-dollar-amount

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I have no problem with this. The optics are bad -I can't go in past that without catching a ban- and the NFL has to care about that for a variety of reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I have no problem with this. The optics are bad -I can't go in past that without catching a ban- and the NFL has to care about that for a variety of reasons.
    Exactly. The rules say you can pull the mask down to make a call, then it has to be pulled up. I wear one every time I go out of the house and I'm not even on national TV.

6. The Following User High Fived AgentOrange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

If there's a rule it must be enforced. Follow the rules dudes.

8. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

As one league source explained it to PFT, the NFL likely will implement reasonable fines while also demanding a commitment that there will be no further violations. Then, if there are further violations, the financial consequences will increase dramatically.

The concern is this: Absent eventually significant punishment, the violators may simply do the math, cut the check for a full-season fine, and be done with it. The league doesn’t want anyone to view the mandate as a cost-of-doing-business-style inconvenience, but as a rule that must be, and will be, complied with.

Coaches have nitpicky rules for their own teams, without optic and health concerns.

Zero sympathy for them. And I hope that the people who are -generally speaking- sticklers for the rules stay consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Define "reasonable fine". I have a hard time picturing Belichick in a hoodie and a mask.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Define "reasonable fine". I have a hard time picturing Belichick in a hoodie and a mask.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    35m
    If Todd Davis signs with Vikings as expected, Broncos would get $500k offset on his salary. Which would enable team to pay off $250k in mask fine. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    Former Broncos LB Todd Davis is starting to go thru COVID protocols with Vikings today per source. Will visit after he’s cleared. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information