Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL has lost its mind

Default NFL has lost its mind

Fangio fined $100,000 and the Broncos $250,000 for not wearing a mask on the sideline.

With all the testing and restrictions, there is essentially zero risk here. The players on the field don’t wear masks. Not being political in any way, but this is effing stupid.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

It's about optics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

It’s bad optics for the league. No masks on players and 6 digit fines for head coaches.

Nobody thinks it is logical.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    It’s bad optics for the league. No masks on players and 6 digit fines for head coaches.

Nobody thinks it is logical.
    Is it? It shows a real regard for protocol and everyone was warned and made aware. It makes sense to me.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...om-the-league/

As one league source explained it to PFT, the NFL likely will implement reasonable fines while also demanding a commitment that there will be no further violations. Then, if there are further violations, the financial consequences will increase dramatically.

The concern is this: Absent eventually significant punishment, the violators may simply do the math, cut the check for a full-season fine, and be done with it. The league doesn’t want anyone to view the mandate as a cost-of-doing-business-style inconvenience, but as a rule that must be, and will be, complied wit
    h.

I don't see anything unfair here. Coaches preach about following rules all the time. Fangio is a known hardass. If it's good for the goose, then is it not good for the gander?

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Fangio fined $100,000 and the Broncos $250,000 for not wearing a mask on the sideline.

With all the testing and restrictions, there is essentially zero risk here. The players on the field don’t wear masks. Not being political in any way, but this is effing stupid.
    NFL warned teams and they were flagrantly violating policy for coaches and staff.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Is it? It shows a real regard for protocol and everyone was warned and made aware. It makes sense to me.
    Watching the game, I wondered if the NFL would follow through on their threat, as the Broncos coaches were violating the rules. Pitt was too, did they get fined?

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Watching the game, I wondered if the NFL would follow through on their threat, as the Broncos coaches were violating the rules. Pitt was too, did they get fined?
    I hope so. The rules are going to need to be enforced, uniformly and fairly.

If not, that's bullshit!

And I will write such a stern ******* letter you'll be like 'wow, that was stern as hell'.

I am being serious.

But they have protocols 24/7 with mandatory testing, etc. if you’re looking for covid, an NFL sideline isn’t it. How can you possibly say it’s okay for 47 players (breathing heavily and spitting) are a-okay but the coaches aren’t. It’s stupid, that’s all.

But they have protocols 24/7 with mandatory testing, etc. if you’re looking for covid, an NFL sideline isn’t it. How can you possibly say it’s okay for 47 players (breathing heavily and spitting) are a-okay but the coaches aren’t. It’s stupid, that’s all.
    People involved in pro sports have violated protocols and the like already. It's to act in case there's an issue with a test/a person is asymptomatic.

And the NFL has made dumb rules in the past

I’ll move on. Y’all know my point. Don’t need to spar over it.

Carry on friends.

And the NFL has made dumb rules in the past

I’ll move on. Y’all know my point. Don’t need to spar over it.

Carry on friends.
    I can't spar with you. I'm a ******* numbskull, albeit with good hair!

First, it was a rule agreed between the NFLPA and NFL as a condition of players playing this season.

Second, see the first point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

100k because ipse dixit and pushback.

Eh, way of the world.

It's patently asinine, Fangio shouldn't be fined.

This is why we teach math, and then physics.

This will end up in politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Majority of the country agrees with you, Lawdog. It is a joke.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information