Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL has lost its mind

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Isn't everyone tested practically every day?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Play callers and head coaches need to be exempt, because they are going to be talking on the microphone nonstop. Otherwise, helmet radios need to be disabled for the duration of the season because it creates an unfair advantage if the playcaller is sitting in the upstairs booth.

3. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Isn't everyone tested practically every day?
    Once a week.

The Andy Reid Anti-Fog Face Shield 2020 should be the new coach look. Just put it on and coach away. No removing due to discomfort or lack of communication.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Question: What does Vic Fangio forget he has?
    Answer: Timeouts and masks.

Simple ******.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

KingPoet I think you just like to pick a side of the subject that you could be more antagonistic.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    KingPoet I think you just like to pick a side of the subject that you could be more antagonistic.
    This is untrue and hurtful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    This is untrue and hurtful.
    Didn't mean it in a hurtful way.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

11. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

He's not wrong here. Coaches should have all done what Andy Reid did, and have a face shield (which does nothing without a mask, by the way) with two holes drilled at the top to prevent fogging, just to comply with the letter of the NFL's stupid policy.

The reality is, calling plays for the duration of an NFL game and communicating to your entire staff probably falls within COVID guidelines of any municipality as a public speaking exemption. I hope the coaches appeal the fine and win, because in this instance what the NFL is doing to playcallers and head coaches is not right. Simply no way to do the job and clearly communicate to the staff with a mask. Every single time referees make a ruling, they are lowering their face mask. If the NFL's equipment is not adequate to allow them to make announcements with their mask up, how can they expect an NFL coach (especially those that playcall) to do their jobs with their mask up? It just doesn't work.

13. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Can't we compromise and just grow really bushy beards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

15. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    He's not wrong here. Coaches should have all done what Andy Reid did, and have a face shield (which does nothing without a mask, by the way) with two holes drilled at the top to prevent fogging, just to comply with the letter of the NFL's stupid policy.

The reality is, calling plays for the duration of an NFL game and communicating to your entire staff probably falls within COVID guidelines of any municipality as a public speaking exemption. I hope the coaches appeal the fine and win, because in this instance what the NFL is doing to playcallers and head coaches is not right. Simply no way to do the job and clearly communicate to the staff with a mask. Every single time referees make a ruling, they are lowering their face mask. If the NFL's equipment is not adequate to allow them to make announcements with their mask up, how can they expect an NFL coach (especially those that playcall) to do their jobs with their mask up? It just doesn't work.
    i talk to people all day with a mask on, and i've never had any issue being understood. . . it's just a piece of cloth-- speak up a little bit. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

This is 2020, why are we communicating audibly like cavemen anyway? We should have mind-machine interfaces with our smartphones by now that eliminate the need for such barbarity.

Even here, in this digital space, we communicate perfectly without any possibility of communicability.

These luddites need to get their shit together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Apparently both Gruden and Payton had Covid over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i talk to people all day with a mask on, and i've never had any issue being understood. . . it's just a piece of cloth-- speak up a little bit. . .
    Say it with your chest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Don't see the issue here. The rules were clearly agreed upon by all parties as conditions to play football this year. 27 of the 32 head coaches seem to have been able to comply with no issue, so I'm not sure what the problem was for the 5 who were fined. You can say it's a dumb rule all you want, but they agreed to it. Them's the breaks.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information