Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: P&R Rules

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Default P&R Rules

I think we need to bring some civility back to P&R. The "lightly modded" P&R has turned into a disaster that not even those who asked for it are comfortable stepping into anymore.

Personal attacks, jabs, and even wishing death upon others is now the rule of the day in there.

We have to draw the line somewhere. I would like to propose tightening up the moderation in there once again to a point between where it is now and the regular forum. Personal attacks earn an immediate ban, wishing harm, death, etc. upon others does the same. Tons of smaller personal jabs earn one warning then loss of P&R privileges for a set time.

Please discuss and make your recommendations. I fear the alternative is shutting P&R down altogether which will invite more problems in the open forums.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I told you all this would not end well from the beginning but most people wanted the free for all. At this point i say let it remain as this is what people wanted out of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Honestly Davii, I think the 'wishing death' is hyperbolic speech. It demeans the speaker, but it doesn't strike me as needing massive reform. Cussing demeans the speaker but we still do it. I don't see it as dire as you do. In fact, I've seen a lot of excellent banter and dialectic lately. I can't imagine a more civil place in these uncivil times.

Perhaps the best purpose of this thread is for everyone to share their perspective on P&R. I don't see reason for imminent hellfire, but that's me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I fully support tightening the reigns. The path/escalation approach sounds good to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Oh and TJR gfy!

j/k buddy...but maybe don't go all guerrilla warfare and concede so readily? Stay strong maybe?

Say your piece and be brave, bold, and true to your heart. In the end, clear eyes and hearts will see what's what.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Honestly Davii, I think the 'wishing death' is hyperbolic speech. It demeans the speaker, but it doesn't strike me as needing massive reform. Cussing demeans the speaker but we still do it. I don't see it as dire as you do. In fact, I've seen a lot of excellent banter and dialectic lately. I can't imagine a more civil place in these uncivil times.

Perhaps the best purpose of this thread is for everyone to share their perspective on P&R. I don't see reason for imminent hellfire, but that's me.

While i dont have a problem with Buff wishing death on Trump (since he doesnt know him personally) so as long as its not on another member here its a non-issue for me. But i really dont see much of the civility you talk about either. I think there is a lot of bad behavior towards one another cloaked and disguised in fancy word speak throughout P&R. I guess im just smart enough to read through all the long paragraphs of bullshit they type out in order to insult one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    While i dont have a problem with Buff wishing death on Trump (since he doesnt know him personally) so as long as its not on another member here its a non-issue for me. But i really dont see much of the civility you talk about either. I think there is a lot of bad behavior towards one another cloaked and disguised in fancy word speak throughout P&R. I guess im just smart enough to read through all the long paragraphs of bullshit they type out in order to insult one another.
    They?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah, I probably haven't been on the receiving end and haven't noticed as much as others. I don't see how these discussions can become so important--there's no prizes. No consequence at all really. It's just notions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yeah, I probably haven't been on the receiving end and haven't noticed as much as others. I don't see how these discussions can become so important--there's no prizes. No consequence at all really. It's just notions.

I dont know if its much about being important as it is for people just to vent which is pretty much what everyone has been doing since they relaxed the rules in there. People are finally just saying what they want to say even if it isnt the nicest thing to say to one another.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm fine with the way things are. People show their true colors.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I dont know if its much about being important as it is for people just to vent which is pretty much what everyone has been doing since they relaxed the rules in there. People are finally just saying what they want to say even if it isnt the nicest thing to say to one another.
    So I can finally let it all off my chest??

Ok.

Damn. This feels good. Ok, here we go.

North!

Your metal picks are only 80% on point! Yeah!

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I must be getting immune to it. I haven't seen much lately except the gameday thread some tempers boiled. But that happens.

I think Buff's little 'Trump should die' was half pity-party, half provocation. It's not classy, and that's a shame. He should be more classy, I agree.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I must be getting immune to it. I haven't seen much lately except the gameday thread some tempers boiled. But that happens.

I think Buff's little 'Trump should die' was half pity-party, half provocation. It's not classy, and that's a shame. He should be more classy, I agree.
    You're clearly immune and don't notice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

20. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I joined Broncomania back in 2003 to talk football and never even considered politics in the equation.

I’m here to talk football or what I had for lunch/dinner.

To be honest, I don’t really care what we do about P and R. I just read it and keep my opinions to myself. If you’re a mod you have to stay out of the mud slinging.

The political discourse in our P and R section is no different than what we see in any other social media platform. It is what it is at this point.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information