Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 167

Thread: P&R Rules

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Centennial (which is in Colorado)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Meck
    Posts
    27,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I joined Broncomania back in 2003 to talk football and never even considered politics in the equation.

    I’m here to talk football or what I had for lunch/dinner.

    To be honest, I don’t really care what we do about P and R. I just read it and keep my opinions to myself. If you’re a mod you have to stay out of the mud slinging.

    The political discourse in our P and R section is no different than what we see in any other social media platform. It is what it is at this point.
    I would disagree. Despite the occasional over-the-top post or insult, compared to say Twitter or Facebook, our P&R forum is made of nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    67,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I would disagree. Despite the occasional over-the-top post or insult, compared to say Twitter or Facebook, our P&R forum is made of nerf.
    Compared to the Mane, ours is like Sunday school

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    97,305

    Default

    I’ll follow whatever rules you want me to follow. But if I am continued to be called morally bankrupt and deranged, then I will respond in kind and I will expect fair moderation in those situations.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  5. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    31,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’ll follow whatever rules you want me to follow. But if I am continued to be called morally bankrupt and deranged, then I will respond in kind and I will expect fair moderation in those situations.
    So you don't think you are morally bankrupt? From your post it seems you presume you are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

  6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    22,387

    Default

    I don't know about morally bankrupt, but he's definitely deranged.

    Speaking of, I like what you guys have done to P&R. The blood stained walls, entrails hanging from the doors and broken in half corpses are a nice touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Im the hobbit.

  8. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:


  9. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    97,305

    Default

    Just so were clear. Stuff like this is automatic bans, correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Shoot all reporters and let God sort them out???
    Or will this shit continue to go unmoderated?

    Im just trying to figure out why wishing death for the president is suddenly now different than wishing death on other groups of people, you know, like myself.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  11. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    16,031

    Default

    I opted out of it because I was once deep in there here and after awhile it just isn't worth it. Ive said it before I think it should be gone altogether. This place is for football not politics.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    16,031

    Default

    Wishing death on a President should not be ok. Sorry. IMO.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  13. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:


  14. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    67,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Just so were clear. Stuff like this is automatic bans, correct?



    Or will this shit continue to go unmoderated?

    Im just trying to figure out why wishing death for the president is suddenly now different than wishing death on other groups of people, you know, like myself.
    So, you are claiming:

    One, that i made a serious post wishing death on reporters.
    Two, I was referring to you?

    Twice now, rather than talking about what YOU could do better, or how the forum should be moderate in general, you posted about me, and how I'm forcing you in some way to act the way you do.

    Every time this topic comes up, you claim YOU can't post better, because of me.

  15. #25

    Default

    We don’t catch everything. Feel free to report posts so we don’t miss stuff like that.

  16. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    67,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    We don’t catch everything. Feel free to report posts so we don’t miss stuff like that.
    Well, since MO is hyperfocused on me, and you say report it so you don't miss stuff "like that."

    Are you saying that would be ban worthy and if so, why?

    Right now, it looks like MO is trying to setup a blanket prohibition regarding any criticism of the press/media, because he claims to be part of that profession. Surely, that isn't going to fly and we aren't going to make any criticism of the media off limits because MO believes it to be a direct attack on him.

  17. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    only Von
    Posts
    37,170

    Default

    Is it okay to wish death upon Kim Jong-Un? Or to say that we should brutally torture rapists and child molesters and what not? How far will we be taking this? Seems very arbitrary.

    I think everything's fine considering the circumstances. No need to get the vapors because Buff stated what was already obvious - that he feels life would be better if Trump keeled over. Death threats upon members of the forum should certainly be not allowed, but beyond that I don't care, and I think a mountain is being made out of a molehill.

  18. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:


  19. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    only Von
    Posts
    37,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Well, since MO is hyperfocused on me, and you say report it so you don't miss stuff "like that."

    Are you saying that would be ban worthy and if so, why?

    Right now, it looks like MO is trying to setup a blanket prohibition regarding any criticism of the press/media, because he claims to be part of that profession. Surely, that isn't going to fly and we aren't going to make any criticism of the media off limits because MO believes it to be a direct attack on him.
    If you and others are going to explicitly make jabs at him regarding his profession, then it's not too difficult to connect your hatred of the media with MO based on his chosen profession.

  20. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    67,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    If you and others are going to explicitly make jabs at him regarding his profession, then it's not too difficult to connect your hatred of the media with MO based on his chosen profession.
    So, any jab's/attacks you make about Trump supporters are directed at me, personally, as a Trump voter, and are off limits? Where exactly does that chain end?

    I'm fine with no jabs/attacks, and am capable of playing by any set of rules, but unless we make P&R positive only, with no criticism of Presidents, Congressman, Political groups, etc., then there is no way that the media, something that is hotly debated in the whole country due to their lack of objectivity and honest reporting (on both sides), can be off limits because of MO.

  21. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    31,756

    Default

    Lmao tned really said journalists should be shot?

    And only Buff is shamed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

  22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group