Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Broncos injury news

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    This is why we drafted WR's and not CB's. This isn't me trying to style on you or anything. This is just me defending my position. We've been solid with a bunch of CB's playing because of injuries to our backfield. Fangio's schemes and our safeties mask a lot of warts. But it's hard to do that with young WR's.

It sucks because Elway's brilliant draft gave us a way to have depth and add playmakers while adjusting for Fangio's scheme. It should have given us great luxuries, but now they are necessities insofar as Hamler and Jeudy being out on the field getting heavy action.

Just hold me, Doggerton. I'm so sad.
    I wont lie I underestimated Fangio's scheme a bit in comparison to the need at CB, It will still be nice to have a elite zone prospect back there though. At least Tyrie Cleveland, Hamler and Jeudy should grow up faster this year if they stay healthy. Jaded was right, Malik reed is a still a scrub in this scheme so pass rush is a issue, even with Von and Chubb, We need another firecracker who can win his battle when we only rush 4. 1 sack a game isn't going to cut it, Fangio is going to have to get creative again like late last year instead of only rushing 3 or 4 all the time....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I wont lie I underestimated Fangio's scheme a bit in comparison to the need at CB, It will still be nice to have a elite zone prospect back there though. At least Tyrie Cleveland, Hamler and Jeudy should grow up faster this year if they stay healthy. Jaded was right, Malik reed is a still a scrub in this scheme so pass rush is a issue, even with Von and Chubb, We need another firecracker who can win his battle when we only rush 4. 1 sack a game isn't going to cut it, Fangio is going to have to get creative again like late last year instead of only rushing 3 or 4 all the time....
    It's never bad to have a great CB. But I appreciate you saying that you misjudged Fangio/CB's because I took a lot of heat for that.

We need elite pass rushers.

Agreeeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Inching a bit closer to Trevor than the others. ��

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    2m
    Per sources: Courtland Sutton tore up his knee. Done for the year. #9sports
    Sounds like more 12 personnel the rest of the season. If things keeps going like this, DEN will be able to get Bolles’ replacement high in the draft. Maybe James’ too.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Sounds like more 12 personnel the rest of the season. If things keeps going like this, DEN will be able to get Bolles’ replacement high in the draft. Maybe James’ too.
    The smartest thing Elway could possibly do right now, today, is tell Shurmer and Fangio your starting Rypien for the rest of the year and playing for the #1 pick and your not winning one damn game.
    Everyone is getting injured and it’s not just DEN, so tank and make it count in a meaningless season.
    The value of the #1 pick will be at an all time high. Possibly ‘83 Elway high. If there ever was a year where everything is lining up again, this is that year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    33s
    Fangio on C Cushenberry, who struggled in pass pro: "A lot like Michael (CB Ojemudia), he had a tough day. He got singled up a few times and he got beat a few times. I hope as we look back thru his long, successful career this is a game he learned something from.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    3m
    Fangio: "One thing about these protocols we have found out the hard way, even if we were to bring in a guy today, they're not going to be eligible to partake in meetings or practice until FRI, SAT ... That's one of downsides to this that us and other clubs are feeling.'' #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis · 18m
    Brett Rypien will be No 2 QB to Driskel. As for bringing in another QB, virus protocols mean new QB can’t enter meetings or building til Friday or Saturday. So definitely Driskel/Rypien vs Brady and Bucs in Sunday. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·15m
    Fangio said in-house WRs will fill Sutton position. More for Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Hamilton, Cleveland, Spencer. Brown and Benson on practice squad. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·34m
    Fangio said Davontae Harris out a week or two with hamstring. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·36m
    Fangio said Sutton is done for season; Lock out 3-5 weeks; DreMont Jones out 4 weeks or so. DeMarcus Walker out multiple weeks with calf. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·40m
    Sources confirm earlier report: DL Dre'Mont Jones out at least 4 weeks, might be closer to 6, with posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) strain. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·1h
    Sutton out for season with torn-up knee, Lock out 2-6 weeks with shoulder injury https://9news.com/mobile/article/spo...a-9bc12e33b88a
    via @9NEWS
    #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    33s
    Fangio on C Cushenberry, who struggled in pass pro: "A lot like Michael (CB Ojemudia), he had a tough day. He got singled up a few times and he got beat a few times. I hope as we look back thru his long, successful career this is a game he learned something from.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    3m
    Fangio: "One thing about these protocols we have found out the hard way, even if we were to bring in a guy today, they're not going to be eligible to partake in meetings or practice until FRI, SAT ... That's one of downsides to this that us and other clubs are feeling.'' #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis · 18m
    Brett Rypien will be No 2 QB to Driskel. As for bringing in another QB, virus protocols mean new QB can’t enter meetings or building til Friday or Saturday. So definitely Driskel/Rypien vs Brady and Bucs in Sunday. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·15m
    Fangio said in-house WRs will fill Sutton position. More for Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Hamilton, Cleveland, Spencer. Brown and Benson on practice squad. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·34m
    Fangio said Davontae Harris out a week or two with hamstring. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·36m
    Fangio said Sutton is done for season; Lock out 3-5 weeks; DreMont Jones out 4 weeks or so. DeMarcus Walker out multiple weeks with calf. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·40m
    Sources confirm earlier report: DL Dre'Mont Jones out at least 4 weeks, might be closer to 6, with posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) strain. #9sports

Mike Klis@MikeKlis·1h
    Sutton out for season with torn-up knee, Lock out 2-6 weeks with shoulder injury https://9news.com/mobile/article/spo...a-9bc12e33b88a
    via @9NEWS
    #9sports
    Damn that was painful to my soul reading that lol.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MIZZOUMAN View Post
    The smartest thing Elway could possibly do right now, today, is tell Shurmer and Fangio your starting Rypien for the rest of the year and playing for the #1 pick and your not winning one damn game.
    Everyone is getting injured and it’s not just DEN, so tank and make it count in a meaningless season.
    The value of the #1 pick will be at an all time high. Possibly ‘83 Elway high. If there ever was a year where everything is lining up again, this is that year.

What did you smoke today that makes you think this is the smartest thing Elway should come up with.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

What did you smoke today that makes you think this is the smartest thing Elway should come up with.
    Case Rypien blows and ensures a winless season.
    I don’t think anything Elway hears on the drive into work on the radio can beat it.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MIZZOUMAN View Post
    Case Rypien blows and ensures a winless season.
    I don’t think anything Elway hears on the drive into work on the radio can beat it.
    These are professional athletes, this team has enough talent even with injuries to not get the number 1 pick. Detroit and the Jets will be fighting for that, Carolina to. I'm pretty sure we beat the jets and the dolphins even with Case Rypien

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

WTF? I wonder if not having training camp and preseason set this up. Not just us, but a lot of stars are getting hurt. Or it's just part of the 2020 bullshit year.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    WTF? I wonder if not having training camp and preseason set this up. Not just us, but a lot of stars are getting hurt. Or it's just part of the 2020 bullshit year.
    Not sure, but brutal year so far. I'm taking hits in my money league as well with McCaffery and Michael Thomas sidelined for weeks, not to mention lesser producers like Lindsay, Crowder and Perriman.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Drew Lock sidelined again, vows not to change his risky ways

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ways/42675509/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Jay poopy pants cutler?

These are professional athletes, this team has enough talent even with injuries to not get the number 1 pick. Detroit and the Jets will be fighting for that, Carolina to. I'm pretty sure we beat the jets and the dolphins even with Case Rypien
    Doubt it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information