Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics in football threads

Default Politics in football threads

We've now had two football threads, the other football games and Broncos gameday thread on Sunday, which had people arguing about fan protests.

While it's happening at the football games, the opinions on this topic are so divided, it doesn't make for civil discourse.

Do we want to allow this, or should Davii and the mods be taken swift and severe action against the people that keep bringing up politics, protests or otherwise, outside of the politics forum.

As always, I'm game for whatever. I can play nice or throw down, but I don't like having some people follow the rules while others disregard them or get into selective enforcement/punishment situations, so I thought it was worthy of a town hall thread, as tensions will probably get higher as the protests continue and will only be magnified if Broncos have more losses and people are looking for excuses to attack each other.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I feel like protests that happen at football games should be fair game. The NFL is making this issue front and center this year. Seems silly to tell us just to ignore that here unless we want to go into the shithole that is p&r.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I feel like protests that happen at football games should be fair game. The NFL is making this issue front and center this year. Seems silly to tell us just to ignore that here unless we want to go into the shithole that is p&r.
    It's a valid argument. The counter is that based on past experience and people's strong views on this topic, it will lead to BT being a shit hole. Do you honestly think people can discuss this topic in the football threads without making it personal and attacking those they disagree with? Look what we witnessed last night, and that was snuffed out pretty quick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I miss BroncosFreaks homepage.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I miss your ******* beautiful posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I would propose the following: zero tolerance bans. I've been warned. We've all been warned. So just a nice reset button of zero tolerance posting on protests. Ratings would fall under that umbrella since the ratings argument is tied to protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

As far as i can tell they are still locking and cleaning up threads that go off course. I saw Slick doing it the other day so i would say that the mods are handling it when they catch it. Protests are all part of the political game though so they should remain in the P&R section.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ShaneFalco. 8/4/20. 1 week. P&R in normal areas

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Politics is like seeing a boob when you shouldn't. Janet Jackson style wardrobe malfunction. It's not a mystery what is politics.

Keep politics in politics. Not complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I miss the freak so much and many members

I can't believe it's been gone for all these years!

But really the League puts politics front and center, even the commercials. It's fair game I thjnk
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

If people were able to be civil to each other then I would say we should allow it, but we all know that isn’t possible.

We have a P and R section for a reason. If you want to talk about the political stuff occurring in the NFL, do it in the proper area of the forum.

If we allow political discussion in Broncos talk, it won’t end well.

18. The Following 7 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

We have had this discussion many times in the past. We have a forum specifically for P&R, if you want to talk political things go there. It's basically a free-for-all, as the community requested, and it's an utter shit show. I refuse to allow the lack of civility or discourse to creep into other areas of the board and ruin what we do have left of a community here.

It doesn't matter if it takes place on an NFL field, if it's political in nature it will cause exactly what we saw on Sunday and every other time it comes up: a thread is ruined, personal attacks, people get pissed off at each other, the mods have to lock and clean threads, and the folks who just want to talk about FOOTBALL (You know, the only reason this place even exists) have to wade through pages of shit to do so.

Keep P&R where it belongs or you'll lose your privileges altogether.

20. The Following 11 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I completely agree with the sentiment. It needs to be where it belongs.

But the idea that we can "keep politics out of football" when the NFL is putting it center stage is going to be a challenge.

I see some have already fallen to the temptation.
    Last edited by wayninja; 09-16-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

22. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

And the Gods sent with great wrath their mighty banhammer thus ending the debate. lol

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information