Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fire Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Continuous offensive staff turnover isn't going to work. There is all kinds of talk about the QB carasol, but the offensive coordinator carasol here has been just as bad. Shurmur knows what he is doing, but it doesn't help when your receivers drop first down conversions.
    Shurmur called a game that was pretty strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I think this may be more related to his time with the Rams than anything we saw on monday. Love you Shane but your bias is showing. He's never gotten the opportunity to play with an elite quarterback but pretty much every quarterback he's coached has had their best seasons under him.and I hope that at some point we say well yeah Drew is the best quarterback he's ever played with. But for an offensive unit that's the youngest in the league, an abbreviated training camp with limited full contact drills plus the lack of preseason really does not help this team. I think you have to wait until mid-season to really start to evaluate where we're at.

4. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

That long pass on third down?

WR was wide open. Coverage got smashed. It should have worked. That was sharp.

The playcalls for Jeudy where he dropped the ball? Not hating on the rook, but it should have worked.

It's just one game but...I'd give it a B grade.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Fire Pat Shurmur

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swagstranaut.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	17989

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swahg.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	17988
    Last edited by TheGhostOfChadKelly; 10-27-2020 at 03:14 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived TheGhostOfChadKelly For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner

this won't last long. . .

but shurmur will. . . the playcalling has been FINE. . . unless he specifically told lock to not go through his progressions, or instructed melvin gordon to fumble the ball. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway

Apparently Shane is already off the Lock bandwagon ... this is great news for Lock’s future.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”

John Ross, David Njoku, Takk McKinley, De’Andre Baker.

Obinna Eze LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Kylin Hill RB. Thayer Munford LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT.

12. The Following 10 Users High Fived Jaded For This Post:

Man, Shane is really trying!

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Man, Shane is really trying!
    He's a crazy ass kracker and I love him.

Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He's a crazy ass kracker and I love him.
    Yeah ... no.
    “I’m just different!”

Obinna Eze LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Kylin Hill RB. Thayer Munford LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT.

Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner

Yeah ... no.
    he was half right. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

He an Drew need to get on the same page it seems
    November and Thanksgiving 2020!

Adopted Bronco:
    Jeudy

Yeah ... no.
    He hits all the spots: anti-illuminati, Tebow, radicalized pro-weed agenda. What's not to love?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He hits all the spots: anti-illuminati, Tebow, radicalized pro-weed agenda. What's not to love?
    I’m down pro-weed, what’s not to love about doobage? I bet Pro’s make the best shizzz.
    “I’m just different!”

Personally I didn't like Scangarello so I was fine with hiring Pat Shurmur, but this is ridiculous! True, the WRs have dropped passes.

But, at this point, its beyond dispute that Drew Lock looked like he handled his reads much better under Scangarello's system than Shurmur's.

Adam Schefter was on the radio yesterday making that exact point. He doesn't think much of Drew Lock's performance this season and wonders if Shurmur isn't the best fit for Denver's personnel.

Everybody wanted to go "down the field" but Lock is missing tons of open WRs underneath, and it's just not working out. You can blame Lock if you want. But, theyh are not firing Drew Lock.

If Lock doesn't improve its going to be placed on Shurmur and he will be the one to get fired.

That would be absurd because you can't keep changing OCs but if it's not working and clearly it's not working then something has to give. They aren't firing John Elway, they aren't getting rid of Lock at this point, Vic Fangio isn't going anywhere.

He wanted Shurmur but look at the offensive production. You can't just blame the receivers. Sure they dropped some balls and Lock overthrew some too.

It's up to the OC to figure this out and get more production out of Lock.

All the commentators are talking about the offense's disappointing performance this year:

Drew Lock starting to regress and how much of the blame is on Pat Shurmur? Cecil wants to know how did we get here. Nick Ferguson starts to wonder who gets the blame and how much longer we can watch Lock struggle?

Who is Tony Bubulinsky?

made you look haha

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information