Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon McManus signs an extension

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Well now we know why they cut Davis and didn't sign Clay Matthews.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Look at all the teams that cycle through 3-4 kickers every year because they can't find a competent one. I don't want to be in that kind of hell. McManus isn't perfect, but he's still one of the more reliable kickers in the league. I'm fine with locking him up.
    This. Odds are high they'll need a few FGs to win or tie?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Look at all the teams that cycle through 3-4 kickers every year because they can't find a competent one. I don't want to be in that kind of hell. McManus isn't perfect, but he's still one of the more reliable kickers in the league. I'm fine with locking him up.
    It's crazy how kickers can be good for like two seasons and then go on the fritz.

I had to take a step back because my initial reaction was "that's so much money for a kicker!" I think you persuaded me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    My take is: That’s a lot of money for a kicker.

But I also am of the belief that the cap is basically fake. They can manipulate numbers to sign just about anyone they want. Happens every year for every team. The Patriots did it this year.
    My only concern if I was a die hard Broncos fan would be that it seems to be undisputed that the salary cap will be decreasing significantly next year. I have no idea what the Broncos have locked up salary cap-wise next season, but they, like a lot of other teams, may be forced to cut additional starters and/or critical backups due to this signing and next year's significantly reduced salary cap. However, only time will tell, so get your popcorn ready and we will see.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    My only concern if I was a die hard Broncos fan would be that it seems to be undisputed that the salary cap will be decreasing significantly next year. I have no idea what the Broncos have locked up salary cap-wise next season, but they, like a lot of other teams, may be forced to cut additional starters and/or critical backups due to this signing and next year's significantly reduced salary cap. However, only time will tell, so get your popcorn ready and we will see.
    They are sitting on cap space and have rolled some over from this year.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Denver is currently one of the top 10 teams in available cap space. We have some 20ish million right now. We'll be fine.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    They are sitting on cap space and have rolled some over from this year.
    Very smart. Did the Broncos have any or many players who opted out for the season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Very smart. Did the Broncos have any or many players who opted out for the season?
    Just one I think. One of our o-linemen.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Just one I think. One of our o-linemen.
    Yes, it sure sounds like the Broncos will be fine and have no issues, except for having to face the hated rival Chefs and P. Mahomes twice a year! I will definitely be rooting for Broncos when ever they play the Chefs!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Yes, James (RT) and he does have huge cap number, but that still include in next years cap.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Here is the estimate cap space if it goes down to $175M

https://overthecap.com/nfl-asks-for-...21-salary-cap/

16. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

After watching teams do things like the Pats did this year (not just this year, or just the Pats and I’m not implying anything nefarious about it), I’ve just completely stopped worrying about the cap as a fan. Sure, some teams get into a bit of a bind, but that usually has do more with poor scouting and poor drafting than actual cap problems.

I am curious about Cleveland’s “Moneyball” experiment, but mostly in theory. In practice, I don’t see much use to try to pinch pennies in terms of cap numbers (real cash flow, which the Broncos have struggled with is a different story, but it also has little to do with a team’s ability to be competitive).

All of that said. Still a lot of money for a kicker.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

After watching teams do things like the Pats did this year (not just this year, or just the Pats and I’m not implying anything nefarious about it), I’ve just completely stopped worrying about the cap as a fan. Sure, some teams get into a bit of a bind, but that usually has do more with poor scouting and poor drafting than actual cap problems.

I am curious about Cleveland’s “Moneyball” experiment, but mostly in theory. In practice, I don’t see much use to try to pinch pennies in terms of cap numbers (real cash flow, which the Broncos have struggled with is a different story, but it also has little to do with a team’s ability to be competitive).

All of that said. Still a lot of money for a kicker.
    i think they cleared out all the money ball FO folks in Cleveland.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    i think they cleared out all the money ball FO folks in Cleveland.
    No. DePodesta is still in charge. They cleaned out Dorsey, who is an old school GM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

No. DePodesta is still in charge. They cleaned out Dorsey, who is an old school GM.
    They are not acting in Moneyball team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information