Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Other Games Discussion

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This tweet caught my interest after the discussion of mobile QBs having short shelf lives

I think Jackson was only tackled once or twice yesterday too. The issue isn’t running, it’s being hit. Newton was hit a few more times than Jackson and Murray yesterday. We’ll see how long he can keep up 15 carries a game.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think Jackson was only tackled once or twice yesterday too. The issue isn’t running, it’s being hit. Newton was hit a few more times than Jackson and Murray yesterday. We’ll see how long he can keep up 15 carries a game.
    Yeah newton is the type of running QB who really has a harder time staying healthy as he actively seeks contact. Jackson and Murray don't worry me as much. Jackson especially has really developed as a passer which is important as he won't have this speed for forever.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah newton is the type of running QB who really has a harder time staying healthy as he actively seeks contact. Jackson and Murray don't worry me as much. Jackson especially has really developed as a passer which is important as he won't have this speed for forever.
    You would think so, but Michael Vick was still the fastest dude on the field when he was playing with the Eagles, so it is possible. I do agree that ultimately, passing success will be the make or break for Murray and Jackson in the long run. The running is always a side benefit in the NFL.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You would think so, but Michael Vick was still the fastest dude on the field when he was playing with the Eagles, so it is possible. I do agree that ultimately, passing success will be the make or break for Murray and Jackson in the long run. The running is always a side benefit in the NFL.
    I'm not sure Vick would have still been as spry at that age if he hadn't had those 3 or 4 years or whatever of not getting hit, but your point with him is well taken. Although Vick might just be the most freakish player to ever play football since Bo at least, so I'm not sure many people could replicate what he did.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not sure Vick would have still been as spry at that age if he hadn't had those 3 or 4 years or whatever of not getting hit, but your point with him is well taken. Although Vick might just be the most freakish player to ever play football since Bo at least, so I'm not sure many people could replicate what he did.
    Very true. I know that doc about him, was more to explore the off the field stuff, but the highlights of him in college and early years ... that dude was so good.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I don't disagree, mostly. Newton lasted as a starting Qb longer than a lot of other mobile QB's ; those who couldn't hack it because of effective play or injuries. I think his tremendous size and power helped him survive to this point. Then again, he's had a lot of bouts with injuries, so I don't want to overstate that point.

I agree that Jackson is improving as a passer. Baltimore really might have found the cheat code to the NFL, if he can improve in the playoffs that is. Jackson is a good story because he bet on himself and thus far is come up smelling like roses. It's dope to see people believe in themselves and go get something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Someone get Mo in here, please. He and I need to speak on something. And it needs to be public. He's going to get what he deserves.

Mo...come hither.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

murray is a different cat. . . he's got rus wilson type smarts and instincts. . . i didn't watch any of the ravens game yesterday, but lamar's passing stats were tremendous-- i have no question that he can develop into a great QB while running less. . . i DO question his ability to stay healthy, though, because last year i watched him take a ton of completely unnecessary hits. . . BIG hits, that he just as easily could have avoided. . . he needs to make vastly better decisions this year, and going forward. . . cam is what he is at this point-- he's never had the accuracy to be any better in the pocket than he already is, so there's no real downside to using him hard and putting him away wet, and he's obviously fine with it. . . i doubt whether he can last a whole season at this rate, but i guess bill would rather take his chances than try to develop a young QB at this stage of his career. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Someone get Mo in here, please. He and I need to speak on something. And it needs to be public. He's going to get what he deserves.

Mo...come hither.
    What?

What?
    You were right about Baker Mayfield, and I was wrong.

I apologize.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    You were right about Baker Mayfield, and I was wrong.

I apologize.
    I’m not taking any victory laps yet, but thank you.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I’m not taking any victory laps yet, but thank you.
    I think Baker is a safe victory lap to take. It's year 3 now and he's still awful. I just don't see it happening at this point.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think Baker is a safe victory lap to take. It's year 3 now and he's still awful. I just don't see it happening at this point.
    The quarterback I thought was better was the worst of the five, though. It would be one thing if I’d been pumping Lamar Jackson. I was pumping Josh Rosen.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

To be fair here, I think UR might have been pumping Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    murray is a different cat. . . he's got rus wilson type smarts and instincts. . . i didn't watch any of the ravens game yesterday, but lamar's passing stats were tremendous-- i have no question that he can develop into a great QB while running less. . . i DO question his ability to stay healthy, though, because last year i watched him take a ton of completely unnecessary hits. . . BIG hits, that he just as easily could have avoided. . . he needs to make vastly better decisions this year, and going forward. . . cam is what he is at this point-- he's never had the accuracy to be any better in the pocket than he already is, so there's no real downside to using him hard and putting him away wet, and he's obviously fine with it. . . i doubt whether he can last a whole season at this rate, but i guess bill would rather take his chances than try to develop a young QB at this stage of his career. . .
    I think Bill wants to have an outside shot at the playoffs/quickly know whether it's tanking time.

Regarding Murray - He is a huge talent in a tiny body. He does seem to have a certain wisdom to him. He was so athletic and such a talented passer that I couldn't blame any team for drafting him. It's a different league now. And that's fine. It's great to watch those guys play.

Lamar Jackson is probably too tough for his own good. He has no fear. None. He walks around like a killer because he is a killer. It reminds me a lot of an early Steve Young, especially back in the Buccaneers days. He can throw the ball. He's getting so much better at it. He literally has to be the hardest working man in the NFL. I don't know if he can rein in his aggressiveness.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information