Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Von Miller Injured

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Clowney? how about not resigning Barret.
    It seemed almost impossible that he would be that good. Turns out that the saying 'you can never have too many pass rushers' was as real as we feaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Malik Reed is listed as Von’s direct backup at WOLB, they should ease Chubb back in anyway so Attouchu will be needed on the other side.

The worst thing they can do is rush Chubb back.

Btw, everyone here owes me a beer for every time some talks about how much the “Broncos like Reed” ... that “they have a lot of faith in the undrafted FA” ... anything and everything like that. One beer from each of you.
    Not to quibble, but to quibble, this is the official depth released yesterday:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linebacker Depth.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	17737

They also certainly have to sign someone at this point too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It's obviously the new woman coach's fault.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

well, f**k. . . i previously had us at 9-7, plus/minus 1. . . now, i can't see us getting above 8-8, at best. . . especially not if chubb doesn't round into 100% form quickly-- and jaded is right, no way should they rush him. . . that's foolishness, and elway needs to shut it the f*** down if the coaches do try it. . . i've received quite a bit of pushback against this idea, but i'm going to say it again-- this team has managed to put together an extremely solid group of frontline talent, but it just plain does not have the depth at critical positions to withstand injury. . . when injuries happen, this roster is going to get exposed. . . i hate like fire to see it right out of the gate, and a worst-case scenario at that. . . without von, i don't believe for a second that there's enough talent on tha side of the ball to field an elite defense. . . there's still the potential for a damn good one-- IF chubb gets right, combined with the talent up front, they can still generate an effective pass rush. . . it's not going to be the ferocious one that it should have been, though. . . attachou's okay as a backup who plays sparingly, but he's not anybody's idea of a quality starter, and now the depth at OLB is paper thin. . .

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Damn it. We’ll never see Von and Chubb on the field together. I had such high hopes for this season too
    right? they could have been so nasty, but it doesn't look like it was meant to be. . . this freaking blows, and IMO is already setting up for a scenario that has fangio on the hot seat next year. . . elway hasn't exactly been patient with coaches. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Time to call Terrell Suggs?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

So maybe we can't have an elite defense. But surely just a good defense and an above average offense is still enough to be a real playoff contender, right?

Dogfish...do you need me or Slim to hold you?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Well, I guess this is the reason we have a defensive HC. If there’s someone who can scheme this to work, it’s Fangio. If Chubb is back, we can always switch to more of a 4-3 front with. Chubb at RDE and Walker/Jones at LDE. Walker would probably do quite well there. Casey could continue to play his normal 3 technique with Harris backing him up next to Purcell at the 0 or 1 with Agim as his backup. AJ Johnson is a natural 4-3 MLB so it really just comes to plugging in the other holes. SLB could be Attaochu or Jewel or Reed depending on the look and formation. WLB could be Calitro or Baron.

It sucks terribly not having Von obviously, but it’s not the end of the world either. We still have some pretty talented guys and a defensive guru at HC. I think if used properly, we have the players to run a pretty potent 4-3 base and 3-3-5 nickel.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post

Dogfish...do you need me or Slim to hold you?
    yes. . . probably both, at this point. . . maybe BDB, as well. . . i was so damn excited for football to start, and this just totally kicked that excitement in the nuts. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    It's obviously the new woman coach's fault.
    Knicks curse already in effect.

we have to throw her overboard before we lose any more sailors.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Well, I guess this is the reason we have a defensive HC. If there’s someone who can scheme this to work, it’s Fangio. If Chubb is back, we can always switch to more of a 4-3 front with. Chubb at RDE and Walker/Jones at LDE. Walker would probably do quite well there. Casey could continue to play his normal 3 technique with Harris backing him up next to Purcell at the 0 or 1 with Agim as his backup. AJ Johnson is a natural 4-3 MLB so it really just comes to plugging in the other holes. SLB could be Attaochu or Jewel or Reed depending on the look and formation. WLB could be Calitro or Baron.

It sucks terribly not having Von obviously, but it’s not the end of the world either. We still have some pretty talented guys and a defensive guru at HC. I think if used properly, we have the players to run a pretty potent 4-3 base and 3-3-5 nickel.
    Even if we can scheme around it, the Broncos are just a less fun team to watch without Von. His personality is infectious on that defense.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Welp.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Even if we can scheme around it, the Broncos are just a less fun team to watch without Von. His personality is infectious on that defense.
    He's our Deion Sanders and John Randle.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Time to call Terrell Suggs?
    Shane Ray and cameron Wake are available.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Dr. Robert Anderson better have a magic spell he can use to fix this

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information