Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Cut Former 3rd Round Pick Isaac Yiadom

Default Broncos Cut Former 3rd Round Pick Isaac Yiadom

Haven't seen a thread on this: Broncos Trad Isaac Yiadom

When you spend a 3rd round pick on a CB in Yiadom, and then he gets beat out by undrafted rookies and traded for a 7th round pick, that is a massive failure.

This move does not come as much of a surprise. With A.J. Bouye coming to Denver in the offseason and the team drafting Michael Ojemudia, it was going to be a long shot. You also cannot forget the Broncos will get DeVante Bausby back.

In fact, our very own Sayre Bedinger wrote a piece on the Broncos talking to the Jaguars about trading Yiadom to Jacksonville. The trade did happen with a team on the east coast, but more on the northern, colder side than the southern, warmer side.
    The writing has been on the wall for Isaac Yiadom for some time.

Over the last two seasons, he was beat in coverage quite a bit. Speaking of Bausby, he was the guy who replaced Yiadom in the third game of the 2019 season against the Packers.

Yiadom would get the starting role back, but then he would relinquish it to Devontae Harris later on in the year. It just was something that was not going to work out.
    Elway's 3rd round picks have been mostly terrible:

2017:
    WR Carlos Henderson
    CB Brenden Langley

2018:
    RB Royce Freeman
    CB Isaac Yiadom

0-4.
    Although Justin Simmons was a notable exception in 2016.

I guess we'll see if 2020 3rd rounder Ojamudia will develop into a long term starter.

Did they cut him or trade him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thank you baby jesus

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Did they cut him or trade him?
    It was a trade. Thread fail.

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Basically we traded yiadom for jurell Casey.
    Trade win!
    Thread fail!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Giants got fleeced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

ojimudiae (sp??), as a prospect, actually bears a marked resemblance to yiadom-- kayvon webster was in the same mold, as well. . . all raw third round picks with good size and a lot of athletic upside. . . i'm hoping that it turns out better this time, since fangio and donatell have been around long enough to know what they're looking for in a prospect who can be developed in their scheme. . . misses happen to everyone-- but trading a former third for a seventh two years in obviously isn't optimal. . .

i've already said it a number of times-- depth in the secondary is a real concern for me. . . you gotta be happy with what we've got up front, on the edge, and at safety for sure. . . ILB is clearly a problem area, and depth behind our top five DBs looks shaky at best, IMO. . . getting ojimude up to speed quickly would go a long way towards allaying my anxiety about the corner position. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ojimudiae (sp??), as a prospect, actually bears a marked resemblance to yiadom-- kayvon webster was in the same mold, as well. . . all raw third round picks with good size and a lot of athletic upside. . . i'm hoping that it turns out better this time, since fangio and donatell have been around long enough to know what they're looking for in a prospect who can be developed in their scheme. . . misses happen to everyone-- but trading a former third for a seventh two years in obviously isn't optimal. . .

i've already said it a number of times-- depth in the secondary is a real concern for me. . . you gotta be happy with what we've got up front, on the edge, and at safety for sure. . . ILB is clearly a problem area, and depth behind our top five DBs looks shaky at best, IMO. . . getting ojimude up to speed quickly would go a long way towards allaying my anxiety about the corner position. . .
    I don’t think A.J. Johnson is a problem area. Yes, they need to cover tight ends better and depth has long been an issue at inside linebacker, but Johnson is a more than capable inside guy, especially against the run and in short passing situations he handled himself well.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I know it pisses off some people, but A.J. was the third highest graded linebacker in the league last year according to PFF. (They count edge guys in a different category, so Miller and Chubb go in the other category)

Our linebackers are a real strength.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I know it pisses off some people, but A.J. was the third highest graded linebacker in the league last year according to PFF. (They count edge guys in a different category, so Miller and Chubb go in the other category)

Our linebackers are a real strength.
    He was easily a first round talent out of college if not for the rape allegations. We were really lucky to just be able to get that kind of talent for basically nothing.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think A.J. Johnson is a problem area. Yes, they need to cover tight ends better and depth has long been an issue at inside linebacker, but Johnson is a more than capable inside guy, especially against the run and in short passing situations he handled himself well.
    sure, he's fine. . . but the 2-4-5 obviously starts two ILBs, and last year it seemed like they preferred to leave their base guys out there on most downs, rather than going with the safeties or smaller nickel 'backers in that role the way wade liked to do. . . AJ is strong against the run, and at least capable in coverage, but the other spot looks like a void right now, IMO. . . barron at least represents an upgrade over davis in coverage, but depth is a real issue for me. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He was easily a first round talent out of college if not for the rape allegations. We were really lucky to just be able to get that kind of talent for basically nothing.
    Exactly.

The scheme does not require high end secondary play. It'll be okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

sure, he's fine. . . but the 2-4-5 obviously starts two ILBs, and last year it seemed like they preferred to leave their base guys out there on most downs, rather than going with the safeties or smaller nickel 'backers in that role the way wade liked to do. . . AJ is strong against the run, and at least capable in coverage, but the other spot looks like a void right now, IMO. . . barron at least represents an upgrade over davis in coverage, but depth is a real issue for me. . .
    You mean, Josie Jewell doesn’t do it for you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    The scheme does not require high end secondary play. It'll be okay.
    It requires physical corners and roaming, ball hawk safeties. We definitely have the physical corners, and Simmons is good. Dog is right that there’s two question marks in the starting lineup, and it’s at the other inside linebacker position and the second safety in a base package. I guess the good news is they’ll be running more nickel and dime, which is where Denver roster-wise has built with Jackson and now Barron.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information