Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Madden 2021

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Except they merge.

He hasn't played in awhile. Vick hadn't played in awhile. He came back and played some of his best football soon thereafter. He was on a video game cover because of his play, post-return.

So sure, if you want to punish a guy because you presume he's gotten worse/not as good as he was, that's your assumption.

You're being obtuse.
    Then why is Alex Smith a 67? He didn't ask to be out a few years.

No sir, you're the one basing this off anything other than football and reality.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    There you go basing it on other things.

This is a FOOTBALL game. Ratings based on anything else are wrong.

There is nothing more at play. In REAL life, sure, between Kap and the NFL. Not EA sports, not Madden, not Madden 21.
    You could also capitalize the word GAME and see that in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter what rating they give him. They're just trying to sell their game, and if having Kap in it with a good rating sells more games, more power to them.

Then why is Alex Smith a 67? He didn't ask to be out a few years.

No sir, you're the one basing this off anything other than football and reality.
    He's coming back from a career threatening injury. One that at one point, in tandem with staph, made some doctors scared A.S. might need an amputation.

You can make the presumption that CK is worse today than he last was. But I just gave you a concrete example as to why that evaluation, could be disputed, in both real football and for a video game.

We can agree to disagree. But I'm not going to yield and let you make me out to have a bad position. Because on both PR terms, and logical football terms, and video game logic, one can dispute your position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You could also capitalize the word GAME and see that in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter what rating they give him. They're just trying to sell their game, and if having Kap in it with a good rating sells more games, more power to them.
    Yeah, by putting him in a game, a literal game, to honor him, they should shit on him and presume he's awful now.

If they did that the memes and PR would be so ******* brutal it would defeat the purpose.

It would be insulting and flat out inane.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Tebow is comin back with a 99 rating

6. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Tebow is comin back with a 99 rating
    He's one of my Favs.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, by putting him in a game, a literal game, to honor him, they should shit on him and presume he's awful now.

If they did that the memes and PR would be so ******* brutal it would defeat the purpose.

This is the key thing. Putting him in at all was a PR move to sell more copies. Giving him a bad rating defeats the purpose of said move.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

you can play as tebow in one of those ncaa games

he destroys people

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Good for them, doesn't mean he deserves that rating.

I couldn't care less, I'll not use him as he's not a Bronco. All I play is head to head using Denver or franchise.

This is the key thing. Putting him in at all was a PR move to sell more copies. Giving him a bad rating defeats the purpose of said move.
    And you have to presume he's gotten worse. When we've seen people come back from absences and do well. But yeah, from a capitalistic standpoint, it would make no sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm quite certain you read my post where I said he shouldn't get a garbage rating, no?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Give me a breakdown of how many take a 4 year break and come back better than before please.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Good for them, doesn't mean he deserves that rating.

I couldn't care less, I'll not use him as he's not a Bronco. All I play is head to head using Denver or franchise.
    I haven't even played Madden since like 08 so I won't be using him either.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Glad to see you guys agree that he doesn't deserve the rating based off reality and this is a PR move.

That's all I was pointing out. This rating is not based off of his skills but a calculated PR move for EA.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I'm quite certain you read my post where I said he shouldn't get a garbage rating, no?
    81 is a demarcation of being a starting QB. When he last played, he was a valid starter, falling squarely within a game manager type, with added athleticism. So less than that, what he was, would be shitting on him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information