Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61

Thread: Madden 2021

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache
    Posts
    16,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    I mean, on one level I get it. These developers have less than a year to basically make a "new" game but if all they are doing is making some new menus and re-skinning stadiums and players it shouldn't be a $60 charge every season. I think they would have MUCH more goodwill if a truly new version of Madden was released every 2-3 years with proper time given to updates and gameplay and the interim was just free or low-cost DLC to update your rosters and schedule.

    I remember in Madden's heyday you at least had new features like introducing pre-snap reads, new story modes, etc. but this is ridiculous... They can't even be bothered to update all their stuff and "hide" the fact that they aren't even using new code:



    https://www.thegamer.com/madden-19-banner-in-madden-20/

    I have no interest in Madden Ultimate Team or paying to win or card collecting. I just want to simulate a season as my favorite team and maybe get my head smashed in playing against kids online every once in a while. Its a damn shame EA has the monopoly on the NFL.

  2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock
    Posts
    25,131

    Default


  4. #18

    Default

    It's actually disrespectful as hell to Kap to have him in that crappy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    41,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    It's actually disrespectful as hell to Kap to have him in that crappy game.
    Not to mention the many QBs he's rated higher than.

  6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  7. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Not to mention the many QBs he's rated higher than.
    I can see that. I just see it as a 'well, if we put him in it and give him a garbage ranking it's rude' so there's a catch-22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    41,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I can see that. I just see it as a 'well, if we put him in it and give him a garbage ranking it's rude' so there's a catch-22.
    No, it's not rude. It's accurate. I'm not saying he deserves garbage rating but he deserves where he should be. A guy that was only top 15 for one season and has been gone for 4 seasons now. He shouldn't be rated higher than any established starter right now.

    If they put a 60+ John Elway in the game he would be the worst in the game. Put a 32 year old Elway in and he would be top 5.

    This is supposed to be 2020 Kap, not 2015 Kap, so it should follow that his skills have diminished from his last ratings, not increased.

  9. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No, it's not rude. It's accurate. I'm not saying he deserves garbage rating but he deserves where he should be. A guy that was only top 15 for one season and has been gone for 4 seasons now. He shouldn't be rated higher than any established starter right now.

    If they put a 60+ John Elway in the game he would be the worst in the game. Put a 32 year old Elway in and he would be top 5.

    This is supposed to be 2020 Kap, not 2015 Kap, so it should follow that his skills have diminished from his last ratings, not increased.
    Nah, it's rude given the circumstances. We don't know what happened to his skills and his last season in the league he was on the worst offense with the worst line and had a four to one td to INT ratio.

    You don't want to punish a guy for getting hosed by the league, which the league admits it did. So what do you do? You can either put it in a pure vacuum and ignore what is mentioned above, or you can cave in to the reality that the guy got hosed and putting him in with a crappy score just sort would be a backhanded compliment. We can probably agree to disagree I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    41,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Nah, it's rude given the circumstances. We don't know what happened to his skills and his last season in the league he was on the worst offense with the worst line and had a four to one td to INT ratio.

    You don't want to punish a guy for getting hosed by the league, which the league admits it did. So what do you do? You can either put it in a pure vacuum and ignore what is mentioned above, or you can cave in to the reality that the guy got hosed and putting him in with a crappy score just sort would be a backhanded compliment. We can probably agree to disagree I suppose.
    Sorry dude, he hasn't played for 4 years. It makes zero sense to think he has gotten better. He does not deserve a top 15 rating.

    I guess we should use Madden to right the grievances of the world, but i digress as this isn’t P&R.

    His rating isn't based on reality. Period.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    16,031

    Default

    Kap sucks.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  12. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Sorry dude, he hasn't played for 4 years. It makes zero sense to think he has gotten better. He does not deserve a top 15 rating.

    I guess we should use Madden to right the grievances of the world, but i digress as this isn’t P&R.

    His rating isn't based on reality. Period.
    Sorry dude, the real world is complicated and doesn't just work in a vacuum. Your second line isn't a fair interpretation of what I'm saying.

    Your criticism isn't based on the totality of the circumstances. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  13. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Kap sucks.
    Poopy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  14. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    41,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Sorry dude, the real world is complicated and doesn't just work in a vacuum. Your second line isn't a fair interpretation of what I'm saying.

    Your criticism isn't based on the totality of the circumstances. Period.
    This is a FOOTBALL game. Nothing less, nothing more. If you base a rating on anything other than that you're wrong.

    End of story.

  15. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    This is a FOOTBALL game. Nothing less, nothing more. If you base a rating on anything other than that you're wrong.

    End of story.
    That would be the case under normal circumstances, but in this instance there are more things at play. There's also the fact that penalizing someone for not playing when it's not really on them is weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  16. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    41,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    That would be the case under normal circumstances, but in this instance there are more things at play. There's also the fact that penalizing someone for not playing when it's not really on them is weak.
    There you go basing it on other things.

    This is a FOOTBALL game. Ratings based on anything else are wrong.

    There is nothing more at play. In REAL life, sure, between Kap and the NFL. Not EA sports, not Madden, not Madden 21.

  17. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    There you go basing it on other things.

    This is a FOOTBALL game. Ratings based on anything else are wrong.
    Except they merge.

    He hasn't played in awhile. Vick hadn't played in awhile. He came back and played some of his best football soon thereafter. He was on a video game cover because of his play, post-return.

    So sure, if you want to punish a guy because you presume he's gotten worse/not as good as he was, that's your assumption.

    You're being obtuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall know Im an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2020-2021 College Football Season
    By Nomad in forum High School and College
    Replies: 580
    Last Post: 01-12-2021, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-26-2020, 04:29 PM
  3. CBS Sports: Ravens Extend Flacco to 2021
    By admin in forum NFL News and Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group