Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 College Football Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Default 2020-2021 College Football Season

The season is a question mark right now.

I found this to be hilarious @ Norte Dame.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/co...onference-acc/

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The season is a question mark right now.

I found this to be hilarious @ Norte Dame.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/co...onference-acc/
    Someone with the screen name of AFan summed it up perfectly in the comment section:

Notre Dame…being Notre Dame…with that Huge Fan Base…Has always felt that they were Above-The-Fray as far a Conferences are concerned. They will have to Pay-the-Price of their “Superiority Complex” now.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Yeah, heaven forbid a school negotiate itself a better deal. What a bunch of losers. They totally should have had the foresight to predict a pandemic of global proportions .

I get it - that person, AFan, or whatever their stupid name is are/were upset that they, or their kids, were too average to get into N.D. I mean, shit, I didn't get accepted into Georgetown or Michigan, but I don't hate those schools just for that.

N.D.> the haters, and I ******* said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Yeah, heaven forbid a school negotiate itself a better deal. What a bunch of losers. They totally should have had the foresight to predict a pandemic of global proportions .

I get it - that person, AFan, or whatever their stupid name is are/were upset that they, or their kids, were too average to get into N.D. I mean, shit, I didn't get accepted into Georgetown or Michigan, but I don't hate those schools just for that.

N.D.> the haters, and I ******* said it.
    ND isn't the elite school they were in decades past. Yes, they've had double digit winning seasons 3 of the last 4 years, but they hadn't had back to back double win seasons since '92-'93. They've had 9 seasons over those 21 seasons of wins less than 60% of his games. They're on 6-12 in bowl games over the last 26 seasons, with only 1 major bowl game win.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ls/notre-dame/

Although that puts them well above schools like Wyoming, that doesn't make them an "A" list school that parents want to see their kids go to, unless they're Catholic.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    ND isn't the elite school they were in decades past. Yes, they've had double digit winning seasons 3 of the last 4 years, but they hadn't had back to back double win seasons since '92-'93. They've had 9 seasons over those 21 seasons of wins less than 60% of his games. They're on 6-12 in bowl games over the last 26 seasons, with only 1 major bowl game win.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ls/notre-dame/

Although that puts them well above schools like Wyoming, that doesn't make them an "A" list school that parents want to see their kids go to, unless they're Catholic.
    Because N.D. has the gall to put academics before athletics. I know, crazy concept. But I'm talking about the scrub AFan and their respective mediocrity to get into the school. As in, academics.

N.D. > The haters.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Because N.D. has the gall to put academics before athletics. I know, crazy concept. But I'm talking about the scrub AFan and their respective mediocrity to get into the school. As in, academics.

N.D. > The haters.
    Well, on 1 hand, they are tied for 15th in academics with Vanderbilt https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...l-universities

On the other hand, your theory doesn't explain someone like me who has no kids to send to any college.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Well, on 1 hand, they are tied for 15th in academics with Vanderbilt https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...l-universities

On the other hand, your theory doesn't explain someone like me who has no kids to send to any college.
    Are you AFan? I need to know right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15th out of how many unis and colleges? Exactly.

On the other hand, I didn't reference you, I reference that fool, AFan.

If you want to hate N.D. go ahead. If you want to mock greatness, go ahead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Are you AFan? I need to know right now.
    No, just someone who doesn't like elite colleges who have an unfair advantage in recruitmentment. If a kid can choose to go to Wyoming where you're guaranteed to be a starting RB your freshman year, or ND were you'll be 5th, who will most kids sign with? ND, just because they're ND, even though they haven't had an elite football program for most of the last 2 1/2 decades. The Florida schools, LA schools, Alabama, etc. have an even more unfair recruitment advantage in football, just as other schools who are elite in other sports enjoy the same unfair recruitment advantage.

No, just someone who doesn't like elite colleges who have an unfair advantage in recruitmentment. If a kid can choose to go to Wyoming where you're guaranteed to be a starting RB your freshman year, or ND were you'll be 5th, who will most kids sign with? ND, just because they're ND, even though they haven't had an elite football program for most of the last 2 1/2 decades. The Florida schools, LA schools, Alabama, etc. have an even more unfair recruitment advantage in football, just as other schools who are elite in other sports enjoy the same unfair recruitment advantage.
    The irony of this post. People talk all the time about how ND would be better if they, oh I don't know, took dumber kids who were better at sports.

So on one hand you bash them for not being elite, then you point out that they have an unfair advantage?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

All is fair in love and college recruitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

College Recruitment, FiA style: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The irony of this post. People talk all the time about how ND would be better if they, oh I don't know, took dumber kids who were better at sports.

So on one hand you bash them for not being elite, then you point out that they have an unfair advantage?
    Prior to the last 4 years, they had a "B" list football program, but they have been "A" list over significant stretches of their history. This gives them an unfair recruitment advantage over schools like Wyoming that no parent of a kid with NFL aspirations want to send their kid to unless they have no other choice.

Prior to the last 4 years, they had a "B" list football program, but they have been "A" list over significant stretches of their history. This gives them an unfair recruitment advantage over schools like Wyoming that no parent of a kid with NFL aspirations want to send their kid to unless they have no other choice.
    How is that unfair?

Especially when a huge chunk of their players go there because it's a Catholic/Christian school?

You're literally complaining about one of the few schools in college football that actually gives a shit about academics.

When you have a long history of success, people might care about you even if you fall off. They've been good again for awhile. BUt I'm sorry, I remember them making big bowl games even when I was back in high school, so it's not like they had this huge drought of ineptitude. Moreover, even if that was true, that shows you how much of an 'advantage' they really had during those stretches.

Your position is meritless.

I'll waste no more time on this attack against the Irish.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

How is that unfair?

Especially when a huge chunk of their players go there because it's a Catholic/Christian school?

You're literally complaining about one of the few schools in college football that actually gives a shit about academics.

When you have a long history of success, people might care about you even if you fall off. They've been good again for awhile. BUt I'm sorry, I remember them making big bowl games even when I was back in high school, so it's not like they had this huge drought of ineptitude. Moreover, even if that was true, that shows you how much of an 'advantage' they really had during those stretches.

Your position is meritless.

I'll waste no more time on this attack against the Irish.
    So you don't recall me posting:

The Florida schools, LA schools, Alabama, etc. have an even more unfair recruitment advantage in football, just as other schools who are elite in other sports enjoy the same unfair recruitment advantage.
    This isn't just about the Irish, this is about the entire collegiate sports system in which the elite programs have an unfair recruitment advantage over everyone else for reasons that I previously stated but you probably can't recall.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information