Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 College Football Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I didnt realize that Taulia Tagovailoa went to Maryland. He didnt look all that great in his game vs Northwestern throwing 3 Ints in a blowout loss. Yikes. Not even sure why he wanted to go to Maryland as their program isnt that strong compared to some of the others nationally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    On a crazy play.
    Yea, i saw the fubar by the Penn St running back but im not really convinced the Indiana guy actually made it to the goalline on that 2 pt conversion. Looked like it hit the ground to me but since it was called good on the field i guess that is what the refs rolled with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I didnt realize that Taulia Tagovailoa went to Maryland. He didnt look all that great in his game vs Northwestern throwing 3 Ints in a blowout loss. Yikes. Not even sure why he wanted to go to Maryland as their program isnt that strong compared to some of the others nationally.
    Head coach recruited him to Alabama.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Penn State only has themselves to blame for that loss. If they aren't total morons managing the clock at the end of the game it never gets into OT and comes down to a refs decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So i guess Trevor Lawrence has tested positive for Covid and wont play this weekend vs BC. Should be interesting should the Tigers lose.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Tonight I'm reading about how bad the Huskers suck and how much cooler it'd be if they were in the Big 12 again.

To be clear, there is no movement to kick Nebraska out of the league and there is no known movement for Nebraska to leave. But as the COVID crisis has shown, there is a clear gap between the two entities' ways of doing and thinking about business.

It was June of 2010 when Nebraska accepted the Big Ten’s membership offer. The Huskers were eager to leave the Big 12, which they felt was overly influenced by the University of Texas and on the verge of collapse. Due to geography, there weren’t a lot of options. Joining a safe, stable and very wealthy conference to the east made a lot of sense.

The Big Ten, meanwhile, was seeking a then-12th member (it’s now at 14). A border state school with a huge football brand (it won three national titles in the 1990s) was appealing.

The belief that the Nebraska name would deliver strong television ratings, despite having such a small population, overrode the concerns that the university as a whole wasn’t as committed to academics as the rest of the league.

What seemed like a potential fit, however, hasn’t been.

Nebraska football has struggled in the Big Ten, failing to find new recruiting turf to make up for the pipeline of Texas talent the Big 12 offered. Since 2014, it’s under .500 in league play. It has shown no ability to contend for championships. Its national brand, meanwhile, continues to grow weaker with high school talent and television viewers alike. And its sparse population adds little to nothing for other schools to recruit (both in terms of football talent and potential students, the way Rutgers and Maryland do).

Meanwhile, in 2011, Nebraska lost its membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities, of which every other Big Ten school belongs.

In the meantime, Nebraska continues to operate in a way that is sometimes foreign to many in the conference. The mentality and experience that makes the school think it is doing the right thing just isn’t prevalent elsewhere in the conference.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Huskers aren’t going back to the Big 12.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Huskers aren’t going back to the Big 12.
    Big 8?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Big 8?
    Do they have television channel that nets the school $55 mil a year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bostonn College beating Clemson right now without Lawrence.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

BC came to play

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So far Clemson has gotten back in and taken the lead, BC with the ball in the 4th quarter with about 10 minutes remaining trailing 32-28.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Clemson just got a safety under 2 minutes, they pull it out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Lol @ Michigan

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Clemson just got a safety under 2 minutes, they pull it out.
    If you win your body blow game, then you’ve got a good shot at a title.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information