Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 College Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    So you don't recall me posting:

This isn't just about the Irish, this is about the entire collegiate sports system in which the elite programs have an unfair recruitment advantage over everyone else for reasons that I previously stated but you probably can't recall.
    Again...being successful isn't an unfair advantage. You also singled out the Irish in an earlier post, which was what I was responding to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Again...being successful isn't an unfair advantage. You also singled out the Irish in an earlier post, which was what I was responding to.
    The OP singled out the Irish, I then explained that my view isn't just limited to the ND for reasons you probably don't recall.

Nevertheless, the NFL > college football because no NFL team gets to live off of past success when building their current team. Any organization can build a legitimate SB contender in as little as 3 season if they have sufficient competency in their FO & coaching staff no matter how bad they were just 4 years earlier.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

The OP singled out the Irish, I then explained that my view isn't just limited to the ND for reasons you probably don't recall.

Nevertheless, the NFL > college football because no NFL team gets to live off of past success when building their current team. Any organization can build a legitimate SB contender in as little as 3 season if they have sufficient competency in their FO & coaching staff no matter how bad they were just 4 years earlier.
    Well, the Irish were alright back in the Brady Quinn days, and were unspectacular but okay. And they're good now. So my points stand. If they had this unfair advantage when they sucked, it wasn't doing that much for them. And since they've been good for awhile now, they, and the other power schools, clearly aren't coasting on reputation. Moreover, we can point to other prestige schools who have sucked for quite some time, who would have that same type of advantage? Why are they so bad if they have this great ability to unfairly get skilled and talented players?

Go Irish.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Well, the Irish were alright back in the Brady Quinn days, and were unspectacular but okay. And they're good now. So my points stand. If they had this unfair advantage when they sucked, it wasn't doing that much for them. And since they've been good for awhile now, they, and the other power schools, clearly aren't coasting on reputation. Moreover, we can point to other prestige schools who have sucked for quite some time, who would have that same type of advantage? Why are they so bad if they have this great ability to unfairly get skilled and talented players?

Go Irish.
    Go Wyoming Cowboys, even though they'll never have a chance to compete for a national championship because almost any because a blue chip recruit would rather spend their freshman season sitting on the bench with an elite school then be a starter for Wyoming. If they do manage to get back-to-back winning seasons, their coach will be stolen by a bigger college with better history of success that can offer them a much larger paycheck.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Go Wyoming Cowboys, even though they'll never have a chance to compete for a national championship because almost any because a blue chip recruit would rather spend their freshman season sitting on the bench with an elite school then be a starter for Wyoming. If they do manage to get back-to-back winning seasons, their coach will be stolen by a bigger college with better history of success that can offer them a much larger paycheck.
    I'm sorry that very few people live in Wyoming so they have little talent to draw from. And I'm sorry no one wants to play in that cold ass state with nothing in it? I'm sorry that they didn't establish themselves as a powerhouse in the beginning of football so they'd have a football heritage to care about? I'm sorry a blue chip recruit would rather wait a year and then try to get playing time at a more competitive school, in a more interesting place to live?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'm sorry that very few people live in Wyoming so they have little talent to draw from. And I'm sorry no one wants to play in that cold ass state with nothing in it? I'm sorry that they didn't establish themselves as a powerhouse in the beginning of football so they'd have a football heritage to care about? I'm sorry a blue chip recruit would rather wait a year and then try to get playing time at a more competitive school, in a more interesting place to live?
    There's a lot of good hunting & fishing throughout the state, as well as Yellowstone National Park in the opposite corner of the state from Laramie, where the University of Wyoming is located. As far as night life, there are rumors that cow tipping is popular amongst drunk teen in certain parts of the state. Of course I was too good of a church boy when I lived their that I can't attest to whether or not that rumor is true

There's a lot of good hunting & fishing throughout the state, as well as Yellowstone National Park in the opposite corner of the state from Laramie, where the University of Wyoming is located. As far as night life, there are rumors that cow tipping is popular amongst drunk teen in certain parts of the state. Of course I was too good of a church boy when I lived their that I can't attest to whether or not that rumor is true
    Buddy, I love you. But 'hunting and fishing' can be had in many, many states. No one's trying to break a linebacker's ankles and then camping. But cow-tipping is a time honored tradition and I shall not besmirch the good name.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Buddy, I love you. But 'hunting and fishing' can be had in many, many states. No one's trying to break a linebacker's ankles and then camping. But cow-tipping is a time honored tradition and I shall not besmirch the good name.
    Yes, it available in just about every state, but how far do you have to travel from campus to get there? Depending on how fast you drive, you can get to deer & antelope hunting grounds in about an hour.

9. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Yes, it available in just about every state, but how far do you have to travel from campus to get there? Depending on how fast you drive, you can get to deer & antelope hunting grounds in about an hour.
    How long were you in Wyoming?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

How long were you in Wyoming?
    From about '71-'86, about 2 years-17 years old.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

From about '71-'86, about 2 years-17 years old.
    May your Cowboys style with great style.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As a fan of a team that's never won a national title and probably never will, I still love college football and don't find the recruiting differences unfair at all. The better programs get the better players, that's just how it goes.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Wave, do you think they're playing this year?

And if they do, how bad would Lawrence have to do to not be the first overall pick?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Wave, do you think they're playing this year?

And if they do, how bad would Lawrence have to do to not be the first overall pick?
    Man, I don't know. It's seeming like best case at this point is that they play in the spring.

As to Lawrence, I'm not so sure he's the slam dunk number one pick if they do play this year. He really didn't improve from year one to year two at Clemson, and I've seen people say that Fields and even a guy named Trey Lance at NDSU could challenge for the first pick if Lawrence doesn't take another step forward this year.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Man, I don't know. It's seeming like best case at this point is that they play in the spring.

As to Lawrence, I'm not so sure he's the slam dunk number one pick if they do play this year. He really didn't improve from year one to year two at Clemson, and I've seen people say that Fields and even a guy named Trey Lance at NDSU could challenge for the first pick if Lawrence doesn't take another step forward this year.
    The NDSU cat might be very, very legitimate. Fields looks, well, really strong.

But this is why I think Lawrence would have to drop a lot in production to be the first overall pick: not only does he flash a lot of talent, and have the highlights, his floor is very, very high. I don't know if that's true for the others. I could be wrong though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information