Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Report: Justin Simmons set to sign franchise tender

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Climb down from your self made pedestal and have a drink or something.
    Scotch it is. Cheers mate.
    I didn't peg you as a scotch drinker.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Thanks. I hate it.
    !
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Tyron Smith in any of his prime years still leaves you with the same result. Try again.

I didn't leave out a single thing. Pointing to a strong QB is to the point because one of the nice parts about them is...they elevate the line.

I also note that you can't touch the rest of the list.

So you can either not be a jackass every time I post something you disagree with at first glance, or you can just do what you keep doing. My reasoning is just as solid, if not more, than anyone else on the board.

I'm tired of being disrespected by people who are less accurate than I am and know less than I do, and good lord if that isn't a hellish feeling to have here. Continue doing you, it's whatever.
    okay, the rest of the list. . . fine. . . lewan's had two good years, and they had a legit playoff run in one of those. . . i don't know that stanley's elite, but his team did land the one seed this year. . . armstead's team was in the playoffs as well. . .

let's compare that to last year's first team all pro safeties. . . jamal adams played for the 7-9 jets, and minkah fitzpatrick played for the 8-8 steelers. . . they obviously didn't drag their teams to more success than the good tackles did. . . also, FTR, denver's starting safeties last year were about as good as any group in the league-- they're a hell of a lot better than denver's tackles, that's for damn sure. . .

seriously, if your point is that earl was more valuable than joe because earl won a SB, then it's just a bad point-- don't blame me for that. . . earl had kam chancellor, richard sherman, bobby wagner, KJ wright, michael bennett, cliff avril, and brandon mebane, just on defense. . . not to mention, rus wilson and beast mode. . . dude probably had more talent around him on that one year's squad than joe thomas had around him his entire career. . . i mean, they had a good center, and TJ ward. . . didn't see TJ elevating that team, but he won a super bowl in denver. . .

it's a team sport, everybody needs talent around them. . . trying to de-value JT because he played on the browns is no better than trying to de-value munoz because he played for the bengals. . . like, matt light is way better than that guy!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sometimes Poet annoys me because he argues a point so well with a technique doesn't invite or allow for nuance. The nuance is obviously the correct position--that is, all positions matter and there are so many little factors, and no one right answer--but on balance, his take that the 'lynchpin LT' is no prereq for a championship is a fair point. I just don't even know that anyone is arguing that the lynchpin LT is vital. Maybe...it's close. Again, nuance.

To me there is no question that Bolles has proven to be a liability for offensive success up to this point (if all his contribution is summed, not his Lock-only contribution). Too many drive killing penalties, etc. In his case it's less about the importance of the LT position, and more about the difficulty of fielding a player for the position and his overall negative contribution to team success.

If Lock and Bolles continue as they did the end of the season, it's probably a non-issue.

As far as Poet being a trend-spotter, he's definitely worth a listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This is why my teams would ******* murder yours. You'd be investing a quarter of your cap in a non-playmaker and my best defensive player is more impactful on return plays than the little pop your run blocking LT gives you.

This is why I style on you. This is why I profile on you. This is why. This is why. This is why I get Mile High on You. This is why the Poet has to dunk like 96 Shaq. This is why I did you like......THAAAaaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAAAAaaaAAaAaAAAAAa aAASAAaaAAAAAAt!!!1!!!1!!1!!1111111112!11!!11!11!1 11!11111!11!!1111!!1!11!11!11

That boy is dead!

#droppedastylebomb
    #beloved
    #RIP
    #somebodycallhismama
    #THEUPPERROOM!
    #styledriver
    #styledon
    #styleDon
    #DonStylismo
    #TheDon
    #THESTYLINGDON
    #JadedgotfADED
    #THISISWHATGODSDO
    #PFbangedyourmomma
    #andyourwife
    #inthebooty
    #ohlawd
    #dogfishmad
    #becauseimrude
    yardog
    come back
    thiat's a poem
    ohlawd

#yashistrash
    #GEMdoyoulikeroses?
    #Dreadnoughtdreadsnot
    Tldr

#TooLongDidntRead
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Broncos should trade Simmons for Tyron Smith and three 1st round pick.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information