Thread: That moment... (Songs)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default That moment... (Songs)

What are some songs that have a special transition or climax that really works for you?

Not merely a cool part, but a moment that you associate with the most sublime feelings you havve ever had with music?

I'll start:

Pink Floyd - Time @2:15
    Beatles - A Day in the Life @2:49
    Dead Can Dance - A Host of Seraphim @2:59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

One thing I've observed when I catalogue these moments is that there is almost always a slow burn quality about the song.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

One of my alltime favorite songs but when it hits that 2:53 mark man... oh man. The vibe and lyrics are so top notch.

Another one of my fav bands, from that 3:27 mark....

3:14 mark

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Here's a spotify list me and a couple brotaters are using, Northy (anyone) feel free to drop in. The SYL works for me, the RoB I love the song but the 'transitional' aspect doesn't jump at me the way it does for you. I think you listen to metal often enough that what is subtle for me is much more prominent for you. I think I'm like that with some classical music.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3t...TNaLlIIHRRkj1w
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 07-10-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

The Cure - From the edge of the deep green sea (4:09)
    Erasure - Rock me gently (8:33)
    Tori Amos - Father Lucifer (2:01)
    Beastie Boys - Sounds of Science (1:40)
    Lumineers - Sleep on the floor (3:15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

9. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

detox is a really damned good song

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information