View Poll Results: Si or no?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • No idea. Current data is insufficient to make any reliable prediction.

    1 2.70%
  • Definitely. They'll get it figured out.

    2 5.41%
  • Yes. At least I think so. It may require some significant improvisations, but it will happen

    13 35.14%
  • It's up in the air right now. 50 / 50 odds.

    7 18.92%
  • Doubtful. Things can still turn around, but I think the odds are against it at this point.

    11 29.73%
  • No way. Just too many obstacles, they should shut it down now and focus on getting 2021 right.

    3 8.11%
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 168

Thread: Will there be a 2020 NFL season?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    37,914

    Default Will there be a 2020 NFL season?

    Discuss amongst yourselves.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,156

    Default

    I hope so.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Izzy Mac
    Posts
    29,710

    Default

    I'm not getting my hopes up.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    37,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I hope so.
    i sure as hell hope so, too. . . not gonna lie, though-- my optimism isn't so high right now. . . look at how many NBA teams haven't even been able to keep their practice facilities open for a week without having to shut back down because somebody tested positive. . . if they can't even get their guys TO the bubble healthy, what are the actual odds that they can make it through four rounds of real games without it spreading through the teams?

    hopefully this thread will stay non-political so the mods don't have to move it. . . with that said, i simply don't believe that our numbers are currently trending the way they realistically need to for sports to resume in the next month or two. . . fingers crossed that it changes course soon, but i'm a long way from sold on that given the way we've dealt with it so far. . .

    in the last couple days we've heard that the league will shorten the pre-season to two games-- but players are already saying to expect one, or quite likely none. . . understandable-- but if they're not confident about their ability to play those games safely in august, should i feel great about the safety of games in spetember? again, i'm not sold. . . i'm holding out a good chunk of hope, still-- NOT holding my breath, though. . . this shit sucks!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up.
    If it's canceled, and you want, I'll hold you. Metaphysically speaking, of course.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    63,778

    Default

    I really fall somewhere between "Yes, at least I think so" and 50/50. I guess the reality is that probably means it is a 50/50 coin flip type situation, but the reason I didn't go with that is that I think that assuming the union doesn't veto them, I think the owners will do everything in their power to have a season, even if means nobody in the stands.

    Too much money at stake with television rights, not to mention the fact that after several years of decline, the NFL saw an uptick in viewership last year. When you already have more apathy about the NFL than you've had in decades (or far longer than that), the league doesn't want to have no football this year and hope fans that were already tiring of the NFL would show back up after a year of no football.

  8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    37,914

    Default

    and i definitely get the "there's so much money on the line, they'll make it happen one way or another" train of thought. . . but that hasn't gotten the NBA back on the court yet, and i'm sure they don't like losing money one bit more than NFL owners do. . .


    edit; lol, typed this before tned's post showed. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    63,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i sure as hell hope so, too. . . not gonna lie, though-- my optimism isn't so high right now. . . look at how many NBA teams haven't even been able to keep their practice facilities open for a week without having to shut back down because somebody tested positive. . . if they can't even get their guys TO the bubble healthy, what are the actual odds that they can make it through four rounds of real games without it spreading through the teams?

    hopefully this thread will stay non-political so the mods don't have to move it. . . with that said, i simply don't believe that our numbers are currently trending the way they realistically need to for sports to resume in the next month or two. . . fingers crossed that it changes course soon, but i'm a long way from sold on that given the way we've dealt with it so far. . .

    in the last couple days we've heard that the league will shorten the pre-season to two games-- but players are already saying to expect one, or quite likely none. . . understandable-- but if they're not confident about their ability to play those games safely in august, should i feel great about the safety of games in spetember? again, i'm not sold. . . i'm holding out a good chunk of hope, still-- NOT holding my breath, though. . . this shit sucks!
    Maybe we'll see:

    7 on 7, non contact play. No pass rush, flag football with everyone wearing N95 masks.

    Woohoo, that's what I'm talkin about!!

  11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    43,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    and i definitely get the "there's so much money on the line, they'll make it happen one way or another" train of thought. . . but that hasn't gotten the NBA back on the court yet, and i'm sure they don't like losing money one bit more than NFL owners do. . .


    edit; lol, typed this before tned's post showed. . .
    The first NBA team made it to the bubble today, so they seem to still be fully planning to go through with it.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  14. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    63,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    and i definitely get the "there's so much money on the line, they'll make it happen one way or another" train of thought. . . but that hasn't gotten the NBA back on the court yet, and i'm sure they don't like losing money one bit more than NFL owners do. . .
    Agreed, hence the somewhere between "50/50 crap shoot" and "I think so." Lot's of motivation to make it happen in some form, but when you have 60 odd players and all these support staff, in a full contact, snot bubble sport, I'm not sure there's a way to do it without infection.

    They, and the union, would have to agree to something like daily testing of all players. Infected players sit out, non infected play/practice, and roll the dice from there. Like I said, not sure the union would sign off on that, especially since some percent of infected players would likely have long term lung damage (likely/hopefully, a very low percent).

  15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:


  16. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    63,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The first NBA team made it to the bubble today, so they seem to still be fully planning to go through with it.
    WTF is the bubble?

    I'm getting a Hunger Games vibe here.

  17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  18. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    43,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    WTF is the bubble?

    I'm getting a Hunger Games vibe here.
    Not sure if joking or you haven't been following it, but the NBA is finishing its season at Disney World, and is keeping everyone involved quarantined at the resort.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  20. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,156

    Default

    I'm trying to see Lock drop 50 on their head.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    63,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Not sure if joking or you haven't been following it, but the NBA is finishing its season at Disney World, and is keeping everyone involved quarantined at the resort.
    Hadn't heard about it. I'm not an NBA guy, and stopped watching any sports TV/radio that isn't NFL network/NFL radio years ago, and hadn't come across that (weirdly enough) in regular news headlines.

    You say the first team made it. How long have they been trying get teams into quarantine?

    If they are struggling, how the heck does the NFL with what, 4 or 5 times as many players, and probably a similar ratio of additional support staff. And, not sure there is any way to do a similar NFL quarantine, which means presumably still flying to various cities for games.

    I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it, but am sure that Goodall is!!

  22. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    43,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Hadn't heard about it. I'm not an NBA guy, and stopped watching any sports TV/radio that isn't NFL network/NFL radio years ago, and hadn't come across that (weirdly enough) in regular news headlines.

    You say the first team made it. How long have they been trying get teams into quarantine?

    If they are struggling, how the heck does the NFL with what, 4 or 5 times as many players, and probably a similar ratio of additional support staff. And, not sure there is any way to do a similar NFL quarantine, which means presumably still flying to various cities for games.

    I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it, but am sure that Goodall is!!
    This is right when they were planning to start moving teams over, so so far they seem to be on schedule. They are planning to start play at the end of the month.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New England Patriots unveil new uniforms for 2020 season
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Other NFL Team Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-26-2020, 03:04 PM
  2. The biggest impact of the NFL’s disrupted 2020 off-season
    By FanInAZ in forum Other NFL Team Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2020, 02:07 AM
  3. 2019-2020 College Football Season
    By Nomad in forum High School and College
    Replies: 2524
    Last Post: 04-07-2020, 07:37 PM
  4. You're the GM for the 2020 season, what do you do?
    By broncofaninfla in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 01-13-2020, 01:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group