View Poll Results: Si or no?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • No idea. Current data is insufficient to make any reliable prediction.

1 2.70%
  • Definitely. They'll get it figured out.

2 5.41%
  • Yes. At least I think so. It may require some significant improvisations, but it will happen

13 35.14%
  • It's up in the air right now. 50 / 50 odds.

7 18.92%
  • Doubtful. Things can still turn around, but I think the odds are against it at this point.

11 29.73%
  • No way. Just too many obstacles, they should shut it down now and focus on getting 2021 right.

3 8.11%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 2020 NFL season?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I think the NFL will force a season but expect a lot of positive tests. People are being petty in the states with not social distancing and or wearing a mask. It makes no sense. Death rate is low now though so if a player has to miss a week or 2 not that big a deal.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I think the NFL will force a season but expect a lot of positive tests. People are being petty in the states with not social distancing and or wearing a mask. It makes no sense. Death rate is low now though so if a player has to miss a week or 2 not that big a deal.....
    This is how I see it going down as well right now. The NBA is doing the NFL a big favor right now by soldiering on in Orlando right now which is in the midst of the biggest outbreak in the country. If they can play through that, I'd expect the NFL to play through whatever.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

When players report for training camp, they’ll initially receive a COVID-19 test. The NFL is expecting a rash of positive results.

“We absolutely expect that, and I think that’s just reflective of the fact that this disease remains endemic in our society,” NFL chief medical officer Allen Sills told Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.
    “You don’t want anyone who is infected to come into that team environment,” Dr. Sills told Volin. “That is an absolutely crucial screening for us to try to start off with a very healthy environment, and also make sure we can give the appropriate treatment and care for those individuals who may be affected and not be aware. But I think we all anticipate that there will be those cases, and we’ve been very clear of that throughout.”
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...pens/#comments

so, they anticipate a bunch of guys being positive when camp starts, and they won't be using a bubble approach. . . but testing alone will be enough to keep it out of the locker rooms, meeting rooms, weight rooms, cafeterias, etc? man, that just does NOT sound like a reliable plan to me. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...pens/#comments

so, they anticipate a bunch of guys being positive when camp starts, and they won't be using a bubble approach. . . but testing alone will be enough to keep it out of the locker rooms, meeting rooms, weight rooms, cafeterias, etc? man, that just does NOT sound like a reliable plan to me. . .
    Why?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I wonder about linemen who, based on indications, would have a much higher chance of health complications as a result of COVID.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This seems like pretty good news for basketball happening at least.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Who is this Malika Andrews?

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Death rates lag behind confirmed cases, people don’t die as fast as we test.

Death rate are just The beginning of this, Too, we don’t know what the long term effects will be.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Yes we need a plan. So far the guidelines are if you are testing alot and 5% or less of the tests come back positive you are good to reopen and have travel. Arizona is 25%, Texas 15-20%, Florida 15%, Cali 12%. So I can see 1/3 to 1/2 of NFL states aren't really safe to travel to. It sounds like the NBA bubble is under 5% easily, but there's no bubbles for the NFL.

With great leadership we could flip this in 2 weeks. The other plan is to play through and players miss 2 weeks if they fail a test, but the virus causes blood clots in every organ and we don't know much other than it thickens the blood like Jello. So 2 weeks might mean dead in 3 days ( the coaches enter the room).

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

Death rate are just The beginning of this, Too, we don’t know what the long term effects will be.
    We do know that it attacks the respiratory system, which can lead to scarring of the lungs. Such scarring can lead to long term respiratory problem that can greatly diminish someone stamina & endurance. Yes, its too soon to know if this is going shorten Von Miller's career by a few years, as well as any other athletes that might catch it. This means we could be a few years away from a significant depletion in the talent pool of all sports if people continue to think that no death = no problem.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

13. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    We do know that it attacks the respiratory system, which can lead to scarring of the lungs. Such scarring can lead to long term respiratory problem that can greatly diminish someone stamina & endurance. Yes, its too soon to know if this is going shorten Von Miller's career by a few years, as well as any other athletes that might catch it. This means we could be a few years away from a significant depletion in the talent pool of all sports if people continue to think that no death = no problem.
    Athletes are usually in peak condition and without a pre-existing condition or certain blood type risk....I would think most should be fine and the effects will probably not even be that noticeable during there playing careers. maybe later in life, but most should be fine.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

nah death rates and critical cases rates aren't that high. Most are just experiencing a rougher version of the flu.....unless a player has a critical case then perhaps as AZ said certain factors for stamina etc could be affected but these will probably be outliers more then frequent cases.....and I'm not so sure unless its a really critical case a player would have even have noticeable effects during the rest of their playing career.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Hope there is but really things can change there
    April Showers and Easter!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

nah death rates and critical cases rates aren't that high. Most are just experiencing a rougher version of the flu.....unless a player has a critical case then perhaps as AZ said certain factors for stamina etc could be affected but these will probably be outliers more then frequent cases.....and I'm not so sure unless its a really critical case a player would have even have noticeable effects during the rest of their playing career.

It’s not the flu, far more infectious and doesnt give two shits what season it is ... and we won’t know the true death rate till all is said and done (and even then you probably won’t believe it).

325lb OL/DL are high risk, as are anyone with Type I/II diabetes, players with sickle cell, asthma, COPD, weakened immune for any reason. My wife and her mother/sister are nurses, ICU, all their friends are nurses, believe the way you do at your own risk.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Saturdays (CFB), and Sundays (NFL) would really suck without it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information