View Poll Results: Si or no?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • No idea. Current data is insufficient to make any reliable prediction.

1 2.70%
  • Definitely. They'll get it figured out.

2 5.41%
  • Yes. At least I think so. It may require some significant improvisations, but it will happen

13 35.14%
  • It's up in the air right now. 50 / 50 odds.

7 18.92%
  • Doubtful. Things can still turn around, but I think the odds are against it at this point.

11 29.73%
  • No way. Just too many obstacles, they should shut it down now and focus on getting 2021 right.

3 8.11%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 2020 NFL season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i 100% believe the first part, anyway. . .

it's jaded-- vitriol is what he does. . .

#Science
    Pointless roster moves and vitriol.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’ve always defended Goodell but he has apparently been a total failure in leadership, rumors from GM’s and coaches. Basically the NFL is just telling teams that we’re playing and to figure it out yourself.

The players and NFLPA have been the exact opposite, if there’s a season you can thank them.

This pandemic has exposed a complete lack of and/or dysfunctional leadership from top down in this entire shitshow.
    The only strike shortened NFL seasons, '82 & '87, was under Pete Rosell's watch. So you can't blame Goodell for the entire mess that has been escalating year after year long before he became the commissioner. If you replace him with someone else who is nothing more than a pawn of the owners, the situation won't improve at all. If you actually want to improve own/player relations, you need to allow the player representatives from each of the 32 teams to have an equal vote with the 32 owners on who the new commissioner is.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

3. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Teams like the Broncos are taking this pretty seriously...the MLB players and its association are failing very badly. I don't think the same will happen in the NFL......but there are plenty of young dumb pro athletes so anything is possible at this point......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The only strike shortened NFL seasons, '82 & '87, was under Pete Rosell's watch. So you can't blame Goodell for the entire mess that has been escalating year after year long before he became the commissioner. If you replace him with someone else who is nothing more than a pawn of the owners, the situation won't improve at all. If you actually want to improve own/player relations, you need to allow the player representatives from each of the 32 teams to have an equal vote with the 32 owners on who the new commissioner is.
    No argument here, I like Goodell, people forget what a shitshow the NFL was toward the end of Tagliabue era.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Tagliabue was a far better commissioner than Goodell IMO
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Teams like the Broncos are taking this pretty seriously...the MLB players and its association are failing very badly. I don't think the same will happen in the NFL......but there are plenty of young dumb pro athletes so anything is possible at this point......
    I think the biggest problem is how big the NFL squad and support staff is. I think I read 250 Broncos staff, plus 80 players. So, you have 330 people that are only as strong, or healthy, as their weakest links. If 5% (a much lower percent than the country as a whole) don't take it serious, and those 16 people aren't careful outside of practice, then they come back and infect the others.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Goodell got ambushed with an issue that no previous commissioner has had to deal with, an army of hostile lawyers suing the league over the lifelong injuries that former players are now suffering from. Yes, I too find many of the player safety rules that have been implemented under his watch to be excessive at times, but the army of hostile lawyers have forced him into this course of action. As far as the player protests, he hasn't done anything that the commissioners of the other pro sports leagues haven't done.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

10. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I think the biggest problem is how big the NFL squad and support staff is. I think I read 250 Broncos staff, plus 80 players. So, you have 330 people that are only as strong, or healthy, as their weakest links. If 5% (a much lower percent than the country as a whole) don't take it serious, and those 16 people aren't careful outside of practice, then they come back and infect the others.
    I have yet to see 330 people be on the same page anywhere these days. The bubble forced the other 2 sports to be on the same page. However if they was not a bubble I don't think they would be able to go forward either. Actually multiply that number with all the other teams, over 10,000. I have total faith in the measures the Broncos have taken. I could even believe that maybe the kids might follow the protocol. But I don't think it's reasonable to think over 10,000 will, plus everyone they live with. I really hope I'm wrong, but nothing I've seen so far has me believing that today.

My only hope is that everyone involved can see that the NBA in the middle of a hot spot and no outside contact is working. That Base Ball will just a little outside contact almost brought the whole thing down.
    Getting Stoked

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Tags limp dik leadership made Goodell’s heavy hand necessary in the first place.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Tags limp dik leadership made Goodell’s heavy hand necessary in the first place.
    I definitely don't like Goodell's "Supreme Dictator" approach to player discipline, especially when owners who disgrace the league (such as Jim Irsay on several occasions) are allowed to get away with murder. Again, this stems from the commissioner being a puppet of the owners while the players have no say in who's hired to fill the position. A much better way would be for player discipline to be handled by 3 retired players who were above reproach for how they handled themselves on & off the field during their career. Imagine how things would go if misbehaving players had to face a panel comprised of Curt Warner, Jerry Rice, & and Champ Bailey.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I definitely don't like Goodell's "Supreme Dictator" approach to player discipline, especially when owners who disgrace the league (such as Jim Irsay on several occasions) are allowed to get away with murder. Again, this stems from the commissioner being a puppet of the owners while the players have no say in who's hired to fill the position. A much better way would be for player discipline to be handled by 3 retired players who were above reproach for how they handled themselves on & off the field during their career. Imagine how things would go if misbehaving players had to face a panel comprised of Curt Warner, Jerry Rice, & and Champ Bailey.
    Jim Irsay killed someone?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Daryle Gardner was a prime example of NFL toward the end of Tag Era; dude was singed in, like, March and was arrested for fitting in a Denver restaurant 2 months later. NFL was a shitshow.

There was a DE for the Rams that got drunk and killed someone and went on to have a long career.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 08-04-2020 at 01:03 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Jim Irsay killed someone?
    This is 1 occasion in which my memory exceeds my ability to find links backing me. About 8-10 years ago, we had a Colts’ fan who was a regular (non-trolling) contributor here, but I can't remember his name to save my life. When Jim Irsay got arrested for DUI in 2014, this inactive member popped in here long enough to tell us that Irsay's alcoholism was a well-known fact around Indianapolis due to him constantly showing up drunk to public events and interviews. I can't remember if this currently inactive member stated as speculation or as a fact that Irsay was likely drunk when he wrote those tweets questioning Manning toughness, which gives us reason to ask if he was also drunk when he did the exact same thing to Luck.

Bottomline, Irsay was a known alcoholic who has embarrassed himself, the Colts, organization, and the NFL on many occasions. If that inactive Colts' fan shows up again, I'd inquire about what, if any, difference that 2014 "voluntary"* out of state rehab has made. All he got was a 6 game suspension (which I guess means that he couldn't go to the games during that time, but any important decisions about the Colts future could wait until his return) and a $500,000 fine (which is nothing for a billionaire) was all he got for the DUI arrest. If he was treated the same way players are, he would've received disciplinary actions every time he was drunk will perform public relations on behalf of the Colts' organization and/or the NFL.

If you’re going to try to figure out who this non-active member was, just remember that he may have actually been here before I showed up in 2009, so don't bother with any that showed up after we signed Manning. Also, don't bother with anyone with Colts in their name because I'm pretty sure his screen name was that of a popular cartoon character that I never actually watched.

*It’s common for court to order alcohol treatment in situations like this. So even if Irsay started it before it was mandated by the judge, the fact that he could assume the judge would probably require it means that it may not have been truly voluntary, which means it was less likely to truly transform him. If he had checked himself in because he had hit bottom, rather then having gotten busted, I’d have a lot more hope for him.

Yes, I’ve known many people who have played this game over the years that my excessively analytical mind can’t help but consider all of this. Although I wish everyone with substance abuse issues will choose to straiten out their lives, like many people that I know have, the reality is that most people don’t. Such players will eventually be banished from the league, like Antonio Brown who currently isn’t even being given a chance to prove that he’s grown up in the past year. Would any owner ever be treated the same?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

This is 1 occasion in which my memory exceeds my ability to find links backing me. About 8-10 years ago, we had a Colts’ fan who was a regular (non-trolling) contributor here, but I can't remember his name to save my life. When Jim Irsay got arrested for DUI in 2014, this inactive member popped in here long enough to tell us that Irsay's alcoholism was a well-known fact around Indianapolis due to him constantly showing up drunk to public events and interviews. I can't remember if this currently inactive member stated as speculation or as a fact that Irsay was likely drunk when he wrote those tweets questioning Manning toughness, which gives us reason to ask if he was also drunk when he did the exact same thing to Luck.

Bottomline, Irsay was a known alcoholic who has embarrassed himself, the Colts, organization, and the NFL on many occasions. If that inactive Colts' fan shows up again, I'd inquire about what, if any, difference that 2014 "voluntary"* out of state rehab has made. All he got was a 6 game suspension (which I guess means that he couldn't go to the games during that time, but any important decisions about the Colts future could wait until his return) and a $500,000 fine (which is nothing for a billionaire) was all he got for the DUI arrest. If he was treated the same way players are, he would've received disciplinary actions every time he was drunk will perform public relations on behalf of the Colts' organization and/or the NFL.

If you’re going to try to figure out who this non-active member was, just remember that he may have actually been here before I showed up in 2009, so don't bother with any that showed up after we signed Manning. Also, don't bother with anyone with Colts in their name because I'm pretty sure his screen name was that of a popular cartoon character that I never actually watched.

*It’s common for court to order alcohol treatment in situations like this. So even if Irsay started it before it was mandated by the judge, the fact that he could assume the judge would probably require it means that it may not have been truly voluntary, which means it was less likely to truly transform him. If he had checked himself in because he had hit bottom, rather then having gotten busted, I’d have a lot more hope for him.

Yes, I’ve known many people who have played this game over the years that my excessively analytical mind can’t help but consider all of this. Although I wish everyone with substance abuse issues will choose to straiten out their lives, like many people that I know have, the reality is that most people don’t. Such players will eventually be banished from the league, like Antonio Brown who currently isn’t even being given a chance to prove that he’s grown up in the past year. Would any owner ever be treated the same?
    That's a far cry from "getting away with murder".

Such is life. Antonio Brown had three chances within a year and squandered them all, there's also more to that story than "substance abuse".

I'm not sticking up for Irsay, he's a turd, but being the guy that writes the checks means something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Gamechanger?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information