Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: KC and Mahomes reach 10 year contract extension

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default KC and Mahomes reach 10 year contract extension

No salary numbers yet, hopefully this kills their cap for the next decade though!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well at least there's one reason to be happy that the world is ending.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Dumb. The salary cap will likely be 30 ml less next season due to Covid.

Mahomes is going to chew up a large portion of KC's salary cap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Dumb. The salary cap will likely be 30 ml less next season due to Covid.

Mahomes is going to chew up a large portion of KC's salary cap.
    This is an extension past the two years he has left on his deal, so I think the first big cap hit won't come until 2022. (But I could be talking out of my ass and it might cripple their cap starting this year).
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 07-06-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This seems good for us. With a normal contract, he'd be cheap by the time he got near the end of his deal with how much the cap will likely rise by then. This keeps their cap consistently taken up.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I've seen how crazy his GF is - hopefully he wife's her and they have like 14 kids and much drama ensues. I don't know what else we can hope for at this point.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Schefty now reporting it will be at least 400 million total.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I've seen how crazy his GF is - hopefully he wife's her and they have like 14 kids and much drama ensues. I don't know what else we can hope for at this point.
    She's a lush. She always seems hammered at games.

16. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This seems good for us. With a normal contract, he'd be cheap by the time he got near the end of his deal with how much the cap will likely rise by then. This keeps their cap consistently taken up.

I wouldn’t be so sure that’s good for any opposing teams. That might be the smartest contract I’ve seen for a QB. So, the immediate thought is “dumb move because the cap is going down,” well so is his salary next year, but if it rises again post pandemic, as it should, his salary rises and they still get more money to sign people. That’s a genius contract if that’s what it is.

Gonna be a long decade.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Whoah. I'm very curious to see what that percentage will be.

I haven't seen anything about her. I'm going to have to do some research.

20. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I wouldn’t be so sure that’s good for any opposing teams. That might be the smartest contract I’ve seen for a QB. So, the immediate thought is “dumb move because the cap is going down,” well so is his salary next year, but if it rises again post pandemic, as it should, his salary rises and they still get more money to sign people. That’s a genius contract if that’s what it is.

Gonna be a long decade.
    But if it were, say, a flat 40 million a year, that could be, say, 20% of today's cap, but 10% of the cap if the cap doubles in 10 years. Keeping it tied to the cap seems to keep raising his salary every year if the cap keeps going up. This seems better for Mahomes than KC.

No salary numbers yet, hopefully this kills their cap for the next decade though!

It will, it's over 420 million currently, but his earnings aren't set in stone amounts, they are a specific percentage of the cap. As the cap increases, so does his contract. If the cap increases significantly so does his contract and he could be making well over 500-600 million or more by the end of the 10 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But if it were, say, a flat 40 million a year, that could be, say, 20% of today's cap, but 10% of the cap if the cap doubles in 10 years. Keeping it tied to the cap seems to keep raising his salary every year if the cap keeps going up. This seems better for Mahomes than KC.
    So, if it’s $400 million, 10 years, roughly, that’s $40 million a year. That’s 20% of this year’s cap, $198 million. The Chiefs have $160 mil to play with. If the cap goes to $220 million, Mahomes gets $44 million and the Chiefs have $176 million to play with. I don’t really see a terrible effect for the Chiefs there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

24. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information