Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: KC and Mahomes reach 10 year contract extension

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    If the SB MVP goes to the person who kept the niners O in check, then it should go to Jimmy G. If the response to that would be "but he's not on the winning team and didn't play that great," then it needs to be on the winning team. If it needs to be on the winning team, it needs to go to the person who did the most to account for the win. If it needs to go to a person most accountable for a win, then I can't find anyone on the team more deserving than Mahomes.

So who would it be? Damien Williams? Most of what he was able to do was set up because of the passing attack that Mahomes represented. No one is going into a game going "the guy we're most worried about is Damien Williams." That's the only person I could think of to give it to other than Mahomes.
    If anyone on the 49ers' kept it's own O in check, it would be Kyle Shanahan. After building a run heavy team that allowed them to dominate in the regular season, he starts the game with a pass heavy game plan. After switching to a run heavy plan, they got a 10 point lead with 2 1/2 to go in the 3rd. Switching back to pass heavy led to the collapse of the 49ers' O giving Mahomes the Chiefs' O the opening they needed to score 21 4th quarter points. The play-by-play at the bottom of the page will support assessment: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2002020kan.htm
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

AZ would you rather have an elite QB or not have an elite QB?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

But I can explain the significant drop because we know why those numbers dropped. When Mahomes got hurt, missed some time, and then was slowly brought back into the offense.

It's why when the playoffs started and he was fully healed he looked like the guy he was last year. And then his average game against the Niners he still accounted for three touchdowns.

Comparing one of the greatest seasons ever to a season where a guy, who got hurt, and then brought back and slowly inegrated into the offense managed to stay tied for eighth in TD passes isn't persuasive to me. Maybe it's just me.
    This is all true and is supported by his game logs: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2019/advanced/

This was something that I was well aware of, but didn't think of including in my previous post.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    AZ would you rather have an elite QB or not have an elite QB?
    I'd like Pro Bowlers at all 22 starting positions, punter & kicker; but the salary cap makes that impossible. If an elite QB demands a salary so high that we have the fewest number of Pro Bowlers in the league, then it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    This is all true and is supported by his game logs: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2019/advanced/

This was something that I was well aware of, but didn't think of including in my previous post.
    Well, if the game logs show that I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to argue in bad faith, I suppose my memory failed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'd like Pro Bowlers at all 22 starting positions, punter & kicker; but the salary cap makes that impossible. If an elite QB demands a salary so high that we have the fewest number of Pro Bowlers in the league, then it's not worth it.
    How many teams with elite QBs have had the fewest number of pro bowlers in the league? The best QBs typically make the players around them pro bowl players.

Yeah but Brady got way better after that, so maybe we don't want that.
    Yea, but that's just because the chiefs ALWAYS do a half-ass job and need help...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Well, if the game logs show that I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to argue in bad faith, I suppose my memory failed me.
    No, they showed they are right. You lawyers are used to dealing with people who will never admit the other is right that you misinterpreted my last post

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

How many teams with elite QBs have had the fewest number of pro bowlers in the league? The best QBs typically make the players around them pro bowl players.
    The time it would take to research that would be mind-numbingly long that I'd never finish it.

10. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

The time it would take to research that would be mind-numbingly long that I'd never finish it.
    Slacker!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

No, they showed they are right. You lawyers are used to dealing with people who will never admit the other is right that you misinterpreted my last post
    Oh. Well, then my interpretation is valid and I have a decent point.

Yay!

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Dumb. The salary cap will likely be 30 ml less next season due to Covid.

Mahomes is going to chew up a large portion of KC's salary cap.
    For the record in regards to this point...

Kinda what I assumed, since this extension is just tacked onto the end of his current deal, and not replacing it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Is Patrick Mahomes' $500 million contract actually team-friendly? Answering eight questions on the Chiefs QB's deal

Most days, it seems pretty good to be Patrick Mahomes. Even by the lofty standards of the reigning Super Bowl MVP, though, Monday was a particularly good afternoon for him. The 24-year-old agreed to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs on what is reportedly the largest contract for an athlete in the history of sports, inking a 12-year deal that could end up being worth $503 million. Mahomes is a special player and he deserves to get an extraordinary contract.

So then, why am I feeling like the Chiefs just got away with a team-friendly deal? While the reported numbers represent a transcendent contract, the guarantees aren't quite at that level. Mahomes has a résumé unlike any quarterback in football history through three seasons, but his contract in the short term is more in line with what we would have expected for other first-round quarterbacks than it might seem. It's also a deal that likely made the Cowboys and Texans happier than they would have expected as they try to sign their own quarterbacks to extensions.

Let's answer some of the critical questions coming out of the Mahomes deal and what it means for the Chiefs and the rest of the league:
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...chiefs-qb-deal

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Just from an initial review of the contract I say it's a great value for the chiefs. and the way they played it by making him the longest-tenured quarterback and the highest paid player in the league it's a good look and a good vibe with the player for them. But in 10 years 45 million dollars for a quarterback will be a pretty paltry sum unless our economy does a full nosedive. I've heard people speculating about how this will affect the next round of quarterback signings. Including Watson. I think it's hard to find anything analogous to mahomes because nobody's ever done what he's done in his first two years as a starter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

So it seems like Patrick has been really busy and making a interesting investment.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    ·
    53m
    Super Bowl winning #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is now an owner… of a baseball franchise. He’s become part-owner of the #Royals. The youngest owner in sports history.
    Getting Stoked

20. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information