Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: KC and Mahomes reach 10 year contract extension

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Well the deal was just signed, so it usually takes a while for the details to fully emerge, but Schefter is about as accurate as they come. If he's putting that out there, he probably has it from a reliable source. I think he just has to use words like "likely" to cover himself before things become official.
    Yes, he does have a good reputation of usually being right, unlike a certain local shock jock that a certain individual on this site (not you of course) views being a reliable source of info no matter how outrageous his unsubstantiated claims are. Nevertheless, I'm pretty well know around here for wanting confirmation before throwing ticker-tape parades and joining riots.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

After further research, Mahomes can do better than his current chick. He's rich and famous now, he doesn't need to stick with his HS fling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So yes, they'll be sitting pretty when the new TV deal hits. Lock better be as good as we hope if we want to win this division any time in the next decade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Aaaaand discount everything I just said. Apparently his initial sources were wrong. Boy do I feel dumb.

I'm such a slow typist that you proved my point while I was still working on acknowledging that you're probably right
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

5. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    After further research, Mahomes can do better than his current chick. He's rich and famous now, he doesn't need to stick with his HS fling.
    Are they married? If not, prenup of the century incoming.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 07-06-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I love Wave's optimism. But we need a Tonya Harding plan.
    Do like the Chiefs did to Tom Brady and give him a Pollard to the knee?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Are they married? If not, prenup of the century incoming.
    They've been together for 8 years and she says they're in no hurry to get married. I wonder if this contract will change their minds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yeah but Brady got way better after that, so maybe we don't want that.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 07-06-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Maybe he'll just get really interested in handball or somesuch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Aaaaand discount everything I just said. Apparently his initial sources were wrong. Boy do I feel dumb.

That is some serious money. I can only hope production drops off and they have cap hell for a good part of that time. I can hope.
    Getting Stoked

12. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

I don't know what to think, tbh. On one hand, that has to take a chunk out of their caps at some point, right? On the other hand, he has played the position at the highest level it's ever been played. And they have that guy for quite some time as a result of the contract.

But, in order to take advantage of Mahomes, you need those burners. Eh. **** it. Chubb will just have to layeth the smacketh down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'd pay it.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

16. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'd pay it.
    Yeah you have to. Sucks to have that much of your cap tied up in one player, but it's better than the alternative of not having a QB.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yeah you have to. Sucks to have that much of your cap tied up in one player, but it's better than the alternative of not having a QB.
    That, and if you have to tie up your cap in one player, he's not the worst choice...

20. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I don't know what to think, tbh. On one hand, that has to take a chunk out of their caps at some point, right? On the other hand, he has played the position at the highest level it's ever been played. And they have that guy for quite some time as a result of the contract.

But, in order to take advantage of Mahomes, you need those burners. Eh. **** it. Chubb will just have to layeth the smacketh down.
    His numbers dropped off in every statistical category last year, except for INT% & sack%, but I'm 1 of the few that pays any attention to those stats https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/MahoPa00.htm

In any case, DCs study tapes in order to find chinks in the armor of all players, especially QBs. Eventually, the league figures out how to adapt to even the best QBs, which forces the QBs to adapt to the league adapting to them. Most QBs, like Cam Newton, never fully adapt to the league adapting to them. The drop off could be an indication that this is starting to happen, or it could simple be an anomaly. So it's still premature for him to start rehearsing his HoF acceptance speech. Hopefully, he believes everything you say and lets it go to his head, just like Cam Newton did.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information