Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: KC and Mahomes reach 10 year contract extension

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, if it’s $400 million, 10 years, roughly, that’s $40 million a year. That’s 20% of this year’s cap, $198 million. The Chiefs have $160 mil to play with. If the cap goes to $220 million, Mahomes gets $44 million and the Chiefs have $176 million to play with. I don’t really see a terrible effect for the Chiefs there.
    And in 10 years if the cap goes up to like 400 million, then KC will have 40 million less to spend on other players that year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And in 10 years if the cap goes up to like 400 million, then KC will have 40 million less to spend on other players that year.
    If the cap gets to $400 million and you can’t field a competitive team with $340 million, the problem isn’t that contract, it’s your talent evaluators.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If the cap gets to $400 million and you can’t field a competitive team with $340 million, the problem isn’t that contract, it’s your talent evaluators.
    My only point is that it's objectively worse for their cap to tie his deal to the cap than to make it a flat rate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My only point is that it's objectively worse for their cap to tie his deal to the cap than to make it a flat rate.
    I don’t think it is. These cap guys manipulate $5 million like it’s nothing. I just don’t see Mahomes contract going up $4 million if the cap goes up $20 million all that big of a deal for the numbers guys.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don’t think it is. These cap guys manipulate $5 million like it’s nothing. I just don’t see Mahomes contract going up $4 million if the cap goes up $20 million all that big of a deal for the numbers guys.
    And when they have to move 20 or 40 million around further down the line? That seems a little tougher. Could make the difference in being able to keep or get rid of one vital player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I remember when Flacco got paid when he got all the credit for the Ravens winning the SB. It forced them to cut some of their top players to make the cap numbers work, until the next TV deal was signed which raised the cap which provided the Ravens with enough relief so they could bounce back to division contenders. By the time Flacco got cut, a 2nd TV deal had been signed which turned what was an outrageously high salary when it was signed became average. So yes, this can hurt the Chiefs by forcing cut good players over the next few seasons, until the next TV deal comes about and provides some relief for them. So how long this will hurt them is directly dependant on how long it will be until the next TV deal is due to be worked out, whenever that will be.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I remember when Flacco got paid when he got all the credit for the Ravens winning the SB. It forced them to cut some of their top players to make the cap numbers work, until the next TV deal was signed which raised the cap which provided the Ravens with enough relief so they could bounce back to division contenders. By the time Flacco got cut, a 2nd TV deal had been signed which turned what was an outrageously high salary when it was signed became average. So yes, this can hurt the Chiefs by forcing cut good players over the next few seasons, until the next TV deal comes about and provides some relief for them. So how long this will hurt them is directly dependant on how long it will be until the next TV deal is due to be worked out, whenever that will be.
    But again, as we've been discussing, his deal will go up when the cap goes up, assuming Schefter's reporting is correct.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

But again, as we've been discussing, his deal will go up when the cap goes up, assuming Schefter's reporting is correct.
    When people started writing about his GF, I got board & stopped reading.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

When people started writing about his GF, I got board & stopped reading.
    Well to sum it up, Schefter reported that his contract will likely, in part at least, be tied to a percentage of the cap. So if the cap shoots up after the next TV deal, so does his contract.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I love Wave's optimism. But we need a Tonya Harding plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

13. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Well to sum it up, Schefter reported that his contract will likely, in part at least, be tied to a percentage of the cap. So if the cap shoots up after the next TV deal, so does his contract.
    So he's acknowledging that he doesn't actually know for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So he's acknowledging that he doesn't actually know for sure.
    Well the deal was just signed, so it usually takes a while for the details to fully emerge, but Schefter is about as accurate as they come. If he's putting that out there, he probably has it from a reliable source. I think he just has to use words like "likely" to cover himself before things become official.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I love Wave's optimism. But we need a Tonya Harding plan.
    I'm not against this either!

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What I imagine it will wind up being is something like 40 million base + x% of the cap additionally instead of the full number being tied to the cap. Fully tying it to the cap would just seem bonkers. If it's something like 40 mil + 5% of the cap, that would put him at 60 mil if the cap doubles instead of 80.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Aaaaand discount everything I just said. Apparently his initial sources were wrong. Boy do I feel dumb.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information