Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's Bill Barnwell on Broncos' offseason moves: 'The weapons, I think, are some of the best in football'

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default ESPN's Bill Barnwell on Broncos' offseason moves: 'The weapons, I think, are some of the best in football'

After the Broncos reshaped their roster by acquiring Jurrell Casey, A.J. Bouye and Graham Glasgow and by drafting the likes of Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler, ESPN NFL analyst Bill Barnwell came away quite impressed by Denver's steps forward ahead of the 2020 season. In an article ranking NFL teams' offseasons, he placed the Broncos third. To get a greater understanding of his perspective on the team's 2020 outlook, including his thoughts on Drew Lock's potential, we spoke to him recently over the phone on DenverBroncos.com's "The Neutral Zone" podcast. Read on for a condensed transcript of the interview.

Aric DiLalla: A guy that maybe no one knows too much right now about now is Drew Lock. What are your thoughts on him, based on a very limited sample size, and can you make maybe some floor- or ceiling-type comparisons for him of guys that are currently in the league?
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/e...k-are-some-of-

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I haven't been this excited for an NFL season to start in quite a while.

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

oh, man. . . on the one hand, it's really cool to hear all the national pundits giving the broncos so many props. . . OTOH, i'm afraid this might be yet another case of putting the cart before the horse. . . donkey, whatever. . . our off-season hype has now pretty much officially eclipsed the level that cleveland received last year at this time-- and we saw how that worked out. . . i am super pumped about our long term prospects-- but i think people who are expecting the greatest show on turf 2.0 right out of the gate are gonna be pretty freakin' disappointed. . . it takes TIME for it to come together-- particularly when you're relying almost exclusively on first and second year players, in the year with a jacked up off-season on top of it. . . naturally, i hope i'm wrong, but we'll see. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 9 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh, man. . . on the one hand, it's really cool to hear all the national pundits giving the broncos so many props. . . OTOH, i'm afraid this might be yet another case of putting the cart before the horse. . . donkey, whatever. . . our off-season hype has now pretty much officially eclipsed the level that cleveland received last year at this time-- and we saw how that worked out. . . i am super pumped about our long term prospects-- but i think people who are expecting the greatest show on turf 2.0 right out of the gate are gonna be pretty freakin' disappointed. . . it takes TIME for it to come together-- particularly when you're relying almost exclusively on first and second year players, in the year with a jacked up off-season on top of it. . . naturally, i hope i'm wrong, but we'll see. . .

I disagree, respectfully.

Pundits are giving us props because we did well in the offseason and improved our coaching staff. Cleveland was being talked about as running away with the division and playing in the SB. I think I've seen one pundit draw something up like "Maybe Denver, if they get hot and Lock exceeds expectations," as compared to "You have to have Cleveland in the top five contender discussion of SB winning contenders."

It will take some time. But it's also an offensive league and we have weapons all over the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I agree that Denver could be this years Browns but Denver doesn’t have a crackpot calling plays.

Hopefully Denver is next years Browns of this year, when they fixed their god awful T situation.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Who cares what any national media twink thinks? He knows less about what is going on in Denver than Cugel does
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Who cares what any national media twink thinks? He knows less about what is going on in Denver than Cugel does
    He's pretty knowledgeable...
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    He's pretty knowledgeable...
    Okay!!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Okay!!

Hey dog, do you have neon around your license plate and low profile tires on your Nissan Sentra?

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Sometimes I don't know where this dirty road is taking me
    Sometimes I can't even see the reason why
    But I guess I keep a-gamblin', lots of booze and lots of ramblin'
    Well, it's easier than just a-waitin' 'round to die

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Hey dog, do you have neon around your license plate and low profile tires on your Nissan Sentra?
    lol, what?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

lol, what?
    Man.... Al is punching below the belt.

lol, what?
    It’s been a while since I made a run at you. I figured you missed it, therefore it was long overdue.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I feel this team will be very similar to the avs last year. Avs made the playoffs, upset the 1 seed. Took the champs to game 6 or 7 (on one of the worst calls in all of sports)....everyone said sharks wont beat avs again and avs were going to be very very good. Avs then came out this year and tied for 1 team.

I see the broncos similarly. We are hit and miss ut make the playoffs. Maybe even advance a round. Next year those misses likely become hits and we have something special.

We have a really talented roster. Issue is new players, new coaches, new schemes.....
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

25. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information