Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's Bill Barnwell on Broncos' offseason moves: 'The weapons, I think, are some of the best in football'

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Who cares what any national media twink thinks? He knows less about what is going on in Denver than Cugel does
    You mean D-Mac?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Fans will bitch that we don't get enough attention and then be down on our luck when we make strong moves and are recognized for it.

But we didn't get the new shiny LT that everyone wanted so **** us and our offseason I guess.

You guys really let me down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It’s been a while since I made a run at you. I figured you missed it, therefore it was long overdue.
    okay, good point. . . just swing a real punch next time-- i don't wanna have a slap-fight. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Wins?

About 11 of them things.

Playoffs?

We bout that?

SB?

That's for next season.

Playoff victory?

We're getting that this season.

We're bringing style back.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    okay, good point. . . just swing a real punch next time-- i don't wanna have a slap-fight. . .
    Lol!!! Indeed.

Well played. Good day to you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Wins?

About 11 of them things.

Playoffs?

We bout that?

SB?

That's for next season.

Playoff victory?

We're getting that this season.

We're bringing style back.
    You like points?
    I like to score points.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

We scoring points. And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold Said So.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Welcome back, Mayor.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Welcome back, Mayor.
    I heard he's going to stick around.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    We scoring points. And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold Said So.
    Just so long as it's more points than the other team. THAT is the bottom line regardless of whoever Stone Cold is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I do think Barnwell's point about Lock getting comfortable in the pocket will be his biggest key to success this year. He's shown a great ability to improvise, and kind of throw from weird angles -- but can he consistently deliver in the pocket under pressure? That's where Baker Mayfield really struggled in year two. This part resonated for me:

The one thing that came to mind was watching him in the pocket, I did see some struggles when it came to his comfort in the pocket. [He's] still a guy, I think, who was very aggressive to escape at the hint of pressure, and that can be tough. You look at someone like Baker Mayfield, and that was something that really sunk Baker Mayfield last year. … He didn't really have a plan for when he felt pressure, and it came to the point where he was expecting pressure on pretty much every snap. And then on top of that, he kind of went to a place where teams knew, 'OK, we don't even have to rush the pocket. We can just rush the edges of the pocket and Baker's going to come to us on the edges on those two [sides]. We don't even have to worry about him in the pocket.'

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I feel this team will be very similar to the avs last year. Avs made the playoffs, upset the 1 seed. Took the champs to game 6 or 7 (on one of the worst calls in all of sports)....everyone said sharks wont beat avs again and avs were going to be very very good. Avs then came out this year and tied for 1 team.

I see the broncos similarly. We are hit and miss ut make the playoffs. Maybe even advance a round. Next year those misses likely become hits and we have something special.

We have a really talented roster. Issue is new players, new coaches, new schemes.....
    It's nice when you have a young core that can grow and take their lumps together and really build chemistry as a team. I like this analogy.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

And what’d the Browns do in the offseason? Signed the best RT and drafted one of the Top 4 T’s in the draft, this after Browns ex-HC was gonna “Change the league”.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

don't wanna hear it from dumb ass dog? i get that. . . however, the guy who drafted and signed all the weaponzzz all over the field is also suggesting that we pump the brakes just a little bit in regards to immediate expectations of this offense. . .

Elway spoke to reporters on a conference call and said “it’s going to be a slow build” once the team does start practicing this summer because of how much work needs to be done with a young offense.

Elway would have liked preseason games in order to make up for some of the lost time, but said the team will have to “give ‘em some rope and temper a little bit” when it comes to expectations about how capable the unit will be.

“With our young team, that doesn’t help us,” Elway said, via Troy Renck of TheDenverChannel.com. “I was hoping for a couple preseason games just because we’re so young on the offensive side for them to get see someone else.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ense/#comments
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

You need a line to win:

Russell Wilson blinks.

Tom Brady chuckles.

Peyton Manning cocks an eyebrow.

Patrick Mahomes sighs.

Big Ben sexually assaults someone before throwing a teammate under the bus.

Phillip Rivers says darn.

Aaron Rodgers guffaws.

Desaun Waton looks side to side.

Dak Prescott counts his SB rings.

Mariota and Tannehill count their postseason successes.

The team has consistently dumped resource after resource into the OL. It looked like crap until we got the QB.

Oh, the Browns had a bad line? Remember when they had one of the best lines for like three years and never made the playoffs?

I get it, ,we like to cling to cliches and all that garbage. But nuance is important, and screaming about the line like the game is still won in the trenches via 1970's is insane, and that's basically how y'all act.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information