Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Who is the greatest Bronco for each number?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    10,263

    Default Who is the greatest Bronco for each number?

    This in 1 case in which I found a side topic within an article to be more interesting than the article that I actually clicked on to read.

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/s...AfXWtHidyCs30c

    After you scroll past the 1st couple of sections, you'll find 1 of those set ups in which you click to go onto the next pic/description of the next player on the list. Some of them are going to be no brainers, while most of them will be of players you most of us heard about before.

    I found a few of them to be shocking because they were so that I can't help wondering if they were the only Bronco to wear that number
    13: Trever Siemian (I honestly don't recall watching any other Bronco wearing this number)
    14: Brian Griese (I honestly don't recall watching any other Bronco wearing this number)
    17: Brock Osweiler (I wasn't a big fan of Steve DeBerg, but I'll take him as #17 over Oz.)
    85: Ashley Lelie (I've scene a number of Broncos wear this number, but I can't say that any of them have ever stood out to me. So I guess he better then nothing.)

    I also found a few of my less prominent personal favorites that I'm glad to see getting some love
    29: Howard Griffith (Selfless grunt player who did whatever the Broncos needed him to do to win back-to-back SBs.)
    38: Mike Anderson (Played great the 1 season he was given the opportunity to do so, when became a selfless grunt player who did whatever the Broncos needed him to do.)
    81: Steve Watson (1 of my favorite Broncos from my childhood.)
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    97,261

    Default

    Pro Football Reference has a page for this: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...er=13&team=den

    Is Trevor Siemian better than Steve Tensi?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    97,261

    Default

    1. Jason Elam
    2. Mike Horan
    3. Rich Karlis
    4. Britton Colquitt
    5. Matt Prater
    6. Jay Cutler
    7. John Elway
    8. Gary Kubiak
    9. David Treadwell
    10. Emmanuel Sanders

    Thereís a start.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    10,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Pro Football Reference has a page for this: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...er=13&team=den

    Is Trevor Siemian better than Steve Tensi?
    On 1 hand, Tensi had Floyd Little as his RB and still couldn't win. Who was the best RB Siemian had? Then there's that matter of Siemian have 1 of the 2 worse HCs in Broncos history.

    On the other hand, the Broncos were perennial losers before Tensi ever showed up and so he did nothing more then maintain the status quo. Siemian took over a mini-dynasty which had won 4 consecutive AFCW tiles, 2 AFC tiles over the previous 3 years, and was coming off a SB win.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    10,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    1. Jason Elam
    2. Mike Horan
    3. Rich Karlis
    4. Britton Colquitt
    5. Matt Prater
    6. Jay Cutler
    7. John Elway
    8. Gary Kubiak
    9. David Treadwell
    10. Emmanuel Sanders

    There’s a start.
    The OP link has Cookie Christ instead of Mike Horan and Brandon McManus instead of Gary Kubiak.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    10,263

    Default

    Although Rod Smith is definitely worthy of being our best #80, I still think a strong case can be made for my 1st Broncos' hero instead, Rick Upchurch. Too bad Craig Morton wore #7 because he was far better than most of the QBs that made this list.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  7. #7

    Default

    If you ain't first you're last!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yíall know Iím an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    10,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    If you ain't first you're last!
    So does Mickey Slaughter being the first Bronco to wear #7 make him the greatest #7? https://aws.pro-football-reference.c...m.cgi?team=den
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  10. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:


  11. #9

    Default

    I don't know. I just know that if you ain't first you're last.

    I am going to enjoy thinking about this though. Should be a fun romp through history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yíall know Iím an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:


  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anderson, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    36,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    This in 1 case in which I found a side topic within an article to be more interesting than the article that I actually clicked on to read.

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/s...AfXWtHidyCs30c

    After you scroll past the 1st couple of sections, you'll find 1 of those set ups in which you click to go onto the next pic/description of the next player on the list. Some of them are going to be no brainers, while most of them will be of players you most of us heard about before.

    I found a few of them to be shocking because they were so that I can't help wondering if they were the only Bronco to wear that number
    13: Trever Siemian (I honestly don't recall watching any other Bronco wearing this number)
    14: Brian Griese (I honestly don't recall watching any other Bronco wearing this number)
    17: Brock Osweiler (I wasn't a big fan of Steve DeBerg, but I'll take him as #17 over Oz.)
    85: Ashley Lelie (I've scene a number of Broncos wear this number, but I can't say that any of them have ever stood out to me. So I guess he better then nothing.)

    I also found a few of my less prominent personal favorites that I'm glad to see getting some love
    29: Howard Griffith (Selfless grunt player who did whatever the Broncos needed him to do to win back-to-back SBs.)
    38: Mike Anderson (Played great the 1 season he was given the opportunity to do so, when became a selfless grunt player who did whatever the Broncos needed him to do.)
    81: Steve Watson (1 of my favorite Broncos from my childhood.)
    Other Broncos that wore the numbers you listed, all of them not very good I thought you might like to know.

    13: Steve Tensi
    14: Norris Weese
    17: Matt Robinson
    85: Ron Egloff

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    Fíing John Elway
    Posts
    27,858

    Default

    #1 Kyle Sloter
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higherĒ
    ďIím just different!Ē

  15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  16. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    19,867

    Default

    #33 Ron Dayne

  17. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    #33 Ron Dayne
    Wisconsin fam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yíall know Iím an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

  18. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    #1 Kyle Sloter
    #championship

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,631

    Default

    18. Frank Tripucka.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group