Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Penei Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    There’s nothing sexy or shiny about OL, the notion that you can “get by” with “good enough” on the OL is old and stubborn. When it’s harder to find legit talent you don’t minimize the position, you go out and get the legit ******* talent.
    Sure it is. You all made it that way. Now when a raw prospect comes out like Becton that gives up a pressure at over ten percent of the time we just say "well all the prospects are like that," and then drool about how strong and big he is.

Does that remind you of anyone or anything?

You're behind the curve is all. That's all.

You used to be right. It used to be that the line was underrated and fans didn't acknowledge it's importance. Now the 'win in the trenches' bullshit has become so cliche that fans who barely watch games know to parrot it. So when the league changes and rules and evolution of the game means your busted LT first round pick is probably a solid LG, and guards in general are available every FA, and teams are going with and winning with lesser LT's all the time, the line is the sexy pick. It's the 'well if you actually knew anything about the game' sort of pick that people like to spew out.

I just can't believe that Tennessee and Dallas, having the bests line/s football for years now, just aren't winning SB's!

No one is calling for drafting more weapons now that we actually addressed the talent defiency on offense. It's a strawman. In fact, many people who wanted the offense to get an influx of talent also wanted a LT.

Bolles is an average LT in 2020.

And average is fine. Not every position is going to have a pro bowler at it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Jaded, I would trade two first rounders (maybe get back a third or fourth and swap seconds) for Sewell. He's actually comparable to Anthony Munoz, who is hands down, without any true peer, is the greatest LT of all-time. And he even did that after suffering a torn ACL in college. What a monster. That was in the 80's.
    When I say I'd make that trade, I'm being serious. While the LT position is being devalued right now due to various factors - improved QB mobility, bad coaching in college, spread offenses in college, rule changes and rule enforcement- someone *this* good would still be worth it. To secure a true LT talent like this would mean you'd be stonewalling the elite pass rushers for days while taking advantage of some of positive reasons why OL importance is sagging. Improved QB mobility and athleticism? That paired with a LT like this means you're actually doing the diggity damn thing.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sure it is. You all made it that way. Now when a raw prospect comes out like Becton that gives up a pressure at over ten percent of the time we just say "well all the prospects are like that," and then drool about how strong and big he is.

Does that remind you of anyone or anything?

You're behind the curve is all. That's all.

You used to be right. It used to be that the line was underrated and fans didn't acknowledge it's importance. Now the 'win in the trenches' bullshit has become so cliche that fans who barely watch games know to parrot it. So when the league changes and rules and evolution of the game means your busted LT first round pick is probably a solid LG, and guards in general are available every FA, and teams are going with and winning with lesser LT's all the time, the line is the sexy pick. It's the 'well if you actually knew anything about the game' sort of pick that people like to spew out.

I just can't believe that Tennessee and Dallas, having the bests line/s football for years now, just aren't winning SB's!

No one is calling for drafting more weapons now that we actually addressed the talent defiency on offense. It's a strawman. In fact, many people who wanted the offense to get an influx of talent also wanted a LT.

Bolles is an average LT in 2020.

And average is fine. Not every position is going to have a pro bowler at it.
    The problem is you see what you wanna see in the ‘20 T class, you had a hardon for shiny toys and any threat to getting those toys was deemed “Behind the curve” ... stahp.

We got the shiny toys so let’s shitcan the pretentious “the league is changing”, y’all have been telling me how the league is changing since Michael Vick was a freshman in high school, it’s not changing ... teams still covet LT’s, they’re probably 4th on the priority list. Not only that, but RT is quickly coming up behind it.

The biggest reason Kubiak sucked at talent evaluating is because he looks at OL the same way you do, you’re both wrong.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

The problem is you see what you wanna see in the ‘20 T class, you had a hardon for shiny toys and any threat to getting those toys was deemed “Behind the curve” ... stahp.

We got the shiny toys so let’s shitcan the pretentious “the league is changing”, y’all have been telling me how the league is changing since Michael Vick was a freshman in high school, it’s not changing ... teams still covet LT’s, they’re probably 4th on the priority list. Not only that, but RT is quickly coming up behind it.

The biggest reason Kubiak sucked at talent evaluating is because he looks at OL the same way you do, you’re both wrong.
    You just want me to fight with you.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You just want me to fight with you.
    Come get these hands.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Come get these hands.
    We're not going to change one another's mind, and we'd just be repeating ourselves.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

We're not going to change one another's mind, and we'd just be repeating ourselves.
    Come at me bro!
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Come at me bro!
    I don't have it in me. I'm just tired and beat up. Hurt mentally and emotionally. I hate my life and this world is shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don't have it in me. I'm just tired and beat up. Hurt mentally and emotionally. I hate my life and this world is shit.
    Ima hold you, boo.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Ima hold you, boo.
    I interpret this post as support for Bolles.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I interpret this post as support for Bolles.
    This post got flagged for being offensive.

This post got flagged for being offensive.
    My punishment, since my post got mowed down, is now I gotta do...15 yards

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

My punishment, since my post got mowed down, is now I gotta do...15 yards
    15 yards of what?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

15 yards of what?
    your posts.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

your posts.
    Punishment doesn’t fit the crime.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information