Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Back Up QB

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think Cam Newton is veteran depth. He had an injury last year and he’s coming back. I think the only reason he hasn’t been signed is because no one could do a physical, and now most teams have their starter.

Who’s the team that needs a starter right now? Maybe San Diego? Maybe New England? But they have the young guy in place in both places.
    He's been hurt and declining for quite some time. That's sort of my point. Also Stidham isn't a real answer and is a scrub. BB is tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    On one hand I agree, on the other hand I kinda want to see the meltdown if we sign Cam or Kap.
    If either one is signing a backup level contract I'd welcome them into the fold.

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    He's been hurt and declining for quite some time. That's sort of my point. Also Stidham isn't a real answer and is a scrub. BB is tanking.
    Two years ago he had 4,000 total yards, 29 touchdowns (Passing and rushing combined) and 14 INTs. He had an injury year. That’s it. I’m just not sure where his place is, because everything has basically been shaken out before he could have a chance to do anything. It’s all just bad timing for him, IMO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Two years ago he had 4,000 total yards, 29 touchdowns (Passing and rushing combined) and 14 INTs. He had an injury year. That’s it. I’m just not sure where his place is, because everything has basically been shaken out before he could have a chance to do anything. It’s all just bad timing for him, IMO.
    And he plays a physical style of game, is physically breaking down, and an injury history. If he was deemed to be a viable starter at this point a team would have just rolled the dice on him. Carolina let him go for a reason, albeit they're not exactly the best ran organization.

Cam Newton as a backup QB would be a boon for the team.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

And he plays a physical style of game, is physically breaking down, and an injury history. If he was deemed to be a viable starter at this point a team would have just rolled the dice on him. Carolina let him go for a reason, albeit they're not exactly the best ran organization.

Cam Newton as a backup QB would be a boon for the team.
    1 year, good backup money and I'm in.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If Cam is willing to take like $8M on a one year deal, maybe he’ll sign. I’m not sure he wants to accept that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Some veteran backup salaries:

Tyrod Taylor, Chargers, $5M, $2.5M signing, $7.5M cap hit.
    Nick Foles, Bears, $4M, $1.3M signing, $5.3M cap hit.
    Marcus Mariota, Raiders, $7.5M, $1.626 miscellaneous (roster bonus, maybe?), $9.125M cap hit.
    Andy Dalton, Cowboys, $1M, $2M signing, $3M cap hit (that’s a damn bargain for the Cowboys, Andy must have just wanted to go home).

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    1 year, good backup money and I'm in.
    Let's ******* go Davii!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sign Kap and Cam, then go with 4 QB’s and cut some Fan favorite dead weight with bad attitudes ... there’s never been a better time.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sure ... when Elway’s Prophet brings it up it’s not Stupid.

Haters gon hate.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If Cam is willing to take like $8M on a one year deal, maybe he’ll sign. I’m not sure he wants to accept that.
    I could see that being fair for Cam. Nowhere near that for Kaep though, he's been out a long time and needs to prove he should get that type of money.

I don't believe either would do such a thing, but I could see it being fair.

Haters gon hate.
    Everyone here thinks I'm stupid, don't sweat it.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I could see that being fair for Cam. Nowhere near that for Kaep though, he's been out a long time and needs to prove he should get that type of money.

I don't believe either would do such a thing, but I could see it being fair.
    If I was an owner and interested in Kaep I would probably offer him 3-4 miliion a year. He's a backup at this point but this has athleticism and playoff success. Any more would be incentive based/not guaranteed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Haters gon hate.
    No, it's stupid. Period. Full stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Are you all happy with the QB depth that we have?
    Who we go?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information