RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I disagree with a lot of his mock, at this point, sincerely doubt Cade Mays ever plays T, much less LT. Shaun Wade and Parsons are way too low.

Tennessee has Both T positions Locked down.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 06-03-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

If you actually watch Mays play...he's 100% a guard. He isn't athletic enough to handle quality pass rushers on the outside. Actually not ecstatic he's at Tennessee. Strong as an ox. Should be good inside. Vols line is FINALLY loaded this year. Long time coming.

6. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Ele. I know you love those guys but that thing was just waaay off. First they said Hamler ran a 4.40 at the combine. He didn't run at the combine. Then they said Jeudy would be our Z and Sutton would line up as a Y. Sorry to nitpick but that's pretty poorly written from a factual and just basic football standpoint

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Ele. I know you love those guys but that thing was just waaay off. First they said Hamler ran a 4.40 at the combine. He didn't run at the combine. Then they said Jeudy would be our Z and Sutton would line up as a Y. Sorry to nitpick but that's pretty poorly written from a factual and just basic football standpoint
    With the evolution of offenses since the traditional “pro set” 21 personnel to offenses that now run mostly 11 personnel, I think it really doesn’t make a lot of sense to classify any receiver exclusively as an X (Split end or weak outside), Z (flanker or strong outside) or Y (slot or TE). Jeudy appears to be a guy who has, and can line up at any of those positions equally. Sutton was just as good out of the slot when he lined up there as he was as an outside receiver. I honestly think those designations and classifications were more based Just as much on blocking assignments in the run game out of an old school pro set vs the current passing game of the NFL. It used to be you wanted a bigger WR inside to take on LBs and smaller guys lined up outside to block DBs. Now it doesn’t matter as much.

It’s all about matchups now. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, etc will play wherever the coaches think they can get the best advantage over the defense vs just, “well he’s the Flanker so he always lines up on the strong side” like it used to be. If the opposing team has a fast, agile, but undersized/not very strong CB, Sutton should be the matchup Because he can overpower and outmuscle the CB. If they have a larger, more physical but slower of foot CB, a guy like Jeudy is the right matchup because he can use footwork and route running to beat the CB and get separation. I just don’t think it makes any difference nowadays to try to classify WRs like that.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    With the evolution of offenses since the traditional “pro set” 21 personnel to offenses that now run mostly 11 personnel, I think it really doesn’t make a lot of sense to classify any receiver exclusively as an X (Split end or weak outside), Z (flanker or strong outside) or Y (slot or TE). Jeudy appears to be a guy who has, and can line up at any of those positions equally. Sutton was just as good out of the slot when he lined up there as he was as an outside receiver. I honestly think those designations and classifications were more based Just as much on blocking assignments in the run game out of an old school pro set vs the current passing game of the NFL. It used to be you wanted a bigger WR inside to take on LBs and smaller guys lined up outside to block DBs. Now it doesn’t matter as much.

It’s all about matchups now. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, etc will play wherever the coaches think they can get the best advantage over the defense vs just, “well he’s the Flanker so he always lines up on the strong side” like it used to be. If the opposing team has a fast, agile, but undersized/not very strong CB, Sutton should be the matchup Because he can overpower and outmuscle the CB. If they have a larger, more physical but slower of foot CB, a guy like Jeudy is the right matchup because he can use footwork and route running to beat the CB and get separation. I just don’t think it makes any difference nowadays to try to classify WRs like that.
    I get it but I don't think Sutton will be lining up as a te or slot much this season. He's a classic 1 or X

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I simply called these takes interesting if you irked because someone misprinted Hamler ran a 4.40 at the combine and you don't agree with where Sutton and Jeudy will line up despite the fact we haven't seen anything yet that is on you....Its the boring ass off-season....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 06-09-2020 at 01:16 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I disagree with a lot of his mock, at this point, sincerely doubt Cade Mays ever plays T, much less LT. Shaun Wade and Parsons are way too low.

Tennessee has Both T positions Locked down.
    Are we reading the same things? The links are for a season forecast and our rookie forecast......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

Obviously they think both Sutton and Jeudy are versatile so that either can line up outside or inside, but MOSTLY they will want Sutton outside. And they will definitely go to Jeudy a lot -- if they can force favorable matchups.

Elway will get endless flack if his #15 WR pick doesn't live up to expectations, so they are going to want to get a lot of use out of him. You would say the same about Hammler, but they have to get the ball a lot to Melvin Gordon and Noah Fant too. They need more pass-catching from the RB position and TE position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Are we reading the same things? The links are for a season forecast and our rookie forecast......
    I read those but made my way to their mock.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I read those but made my way to their mock.
    ah fair enough, my bad....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information