Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Was The Broncos Worst QB Ever?

Default Who Was The Broncos Worst QB Ever?

This article/piece identifies whom it believes was the the best and worst QBs for each franchise. For Denver, it identifies Steve Tensi, whom I've never heard of. I was just wondering whether you agree that Steve Tensi was the worst Broncos QB ever, or if you believe it was someone else. Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on whom you believe was the worst Broncos QB ever.

https://thesportsdrop.com/the-best-w...esktop_Taboola
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Correct on Elway for sure, never saw Tensi play or anyone before Morten so i cant really comment on players before my time. I guess the other question is how do we define the "worst"? Is it players like Siemian, Lynch, Tebow, or Keenum who only played a certain number of games? Or would it be a player who was a legitimate starter for a few years like Cutler, Plummer, Morten, etc?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Worst who actually started multiple games that I've seen in my lifetime is Lynch. I'd say he and Tebow were about equally as bad, but Tebow at least could run and had a few clutch 4th quarter moments. Lynch was just completely useless in every way. If we're going multi year starter I'd say Orton.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Historically he paved the way for Marlin Briscoe.

Flacco gotta be up on that list. At least Lynch was a pretty much a rookie.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Orton
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Orton
    I have some sympathy here, but really,....Steve Tensi, going away
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

9. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lynch was pretty bad. That Maddox-Moore combo run when Elway was hurt was pretty bad. Tebow was pretty bad. That’s probably it in my lifetime.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Historically he paved the way for Marlin Briscoe.

Flacco gotta be up on that list. At least Lynch was a pretty much a rookie.
    Flacco was identified as the best QB for the Ravens, which surprised me, but I couldn't think of another Ravens' QB I would have listed above him. My question, however, is should Johnny Unitas be included because he played for Baltimore or should he be considered for the Indianapolis Colts. If for the Colts, then would you rank him over Manning as the greatest or best Colts QB? Similarly, since the Ravens were the Browns, should Otto Graham be included with the Ravens and then treat the expansion Browns like the Texans, Jaguars, etc. and only consider QBs who have played for the expansion Browns?
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lynch was pretty bad. That Maddox-Moore combo run when Elway was hurt was pretty bad. Tebow was pretty bad. That’s probably it in my lifetime.
    Lynch is easily the worst qb play I have seen in Denver, possibly in the history of every football game played anywhere.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The worst starting QB I've seen play for the Broncos was Orton. I laugh at anyone who thinks Tebow was worse. Hell, Tebow took the same team Orton couldn't win with to the playoffs. That is all the evidence we need to prove just how ******* terrible Kyle Orton was. **** Kyle Orton.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following 8 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Now, I'm feeling old. I watched Steve Tensi play. He wasn't awful, and to base his career on his W-L record and nothing further is a bit unfair.

Tensi's 43% completion pct. while a Bronco was nothing much but he was often playing from behind.

For those too young to know, the Broncos were an aerial circus from 1960-62 behind Frank Tripucka (ring of honor) and the cash-strapped Broncos actually made it to .500 (7-7) in 1962 under his leadership. Then came a pair of 2-win seasons that could largely be described as the nadir of Broncos football. Two QBs were the main starters during that time and I would nominate them as co-worst for QBs who made at least 10 starts:

Mickey Slaughter (1963-66) had a record of 2-15-2, a 49% completion pct. and a 22/38 TD/INT ratio.
    John McCormick (1963-68) had a better record (5-10) as a starter but his 38.5% completion pct. and 17/38 TD/INT ratio were far worse.

As for busts, you'd have to consider Paxton Lynch, Tommy Maddox and Tim Tebow since they were all first-round picks:

Lynch (2016-17): 1-3 as a starter, 61.7% completions and 4/4 TD/INT ratio.
    Maddox (1992-93) 0-4 as a starter, 54.9% completions and 6/9 TD/INT ratio.
    Tebow (2010-11) 8-6 as a starter, 47.3% completions and 17/9 TD/INT ratio. I guess you could say Tebow threw so poorly that not even defenders could catch them.

Tensi (1967-70) 10-21-1 as a starter, 43.0% completions and 38/45 TD/INT ratio.

All stats per Pro Football Reference.com
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah, Tebow was all time bad, not just Bronco franchise bad. He was Akili Smith levels of incompetence at the position. Lynch didn’t even once look like his head was ever in the game, confirmed by some reports. Broncos have had two pretty colossal first round quarterback busts in the last 10 years.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yeah, Tebow was all time bad, not just Bronco franchise bad. He was Akili Smith levels of incompetence at the position. Lynch didn’t even once look like his head was ever in the game, confirmed by some reports. Broncos have had two pretty colossal first round quarterback busts in the last 10 years.
    And yet he was still better than Kyle Orton.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    And yet he was still better than Kyle Orton.
    I can’t help you. Orton was in no way a worse quarterback than Tim Tebow. There isn’t a single thing he was better at. The difference between the two is that the team won.

Tebow was so bad, they had to change the entire offense mid season to cater to his incompetence. I’m really sorry people don’t like hearing this stuff, but it’s true.

That doesn’t mean the winning wasn’t fun, but for ****’s sake people: Tebow was a terrible, terrible quarterback.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I can’t help you. Orton was in no way a worse quarterback than Tim Tebow. There isn’t a single thing he was better at. The difference between the two is that the team won.

Tebow was so bad, they had to change the entire offense mid season to cater to his incompetence. I’m really sorry people don’t like hearing this stuff, but it’s true.

That doesn’t mean the winning wasn’t fun, but for ****’s sake people: Tebow was a terrible, terrible quarterback.
    Orton was also terrible at QB and topped it off by being a shitty leader and having an allergic reaction to winning. Orton is the worst regular full time starting QB for the Denver Broncos that I can remember watching. I'm sorry that hearing that is hard for you.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information