Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Was The Broncos Worst QB Ever?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Orton was also terrible at QB and topped it off by being a shitty leader and having an allergic reaction to winning. Orton is the worst regular full time starting QB for the Denver Broncos that I can remember watching. I'm sorry that hearing that is hard for you.
    If he was allergic to winning, what were Tebow and Lynch?

Orton: 12
    Tebow: 9
    Lynch: 1
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

idk KO was no world beater but he was thrust in a no win situation with an a hole Coach

I also think some here were singing his praises when he was 6-0 and Broncos had early success in 09
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If he was allergic to winning, what were Tebow and Lynch?

Orton: 12
    Tebow: 9
    Lynch: 1
    Lynch wasn't a regular starting QB. Orton started 28 games for the Broncos Tebow started 14. Nice try though lil' fella. I'll give you a pat on the head if I ever see you again.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lynch wasn't a regular starting QB. Orton started 28 games for the Broncos Tebow started 14. Nice try though lil' fella. I'll give you a pat on the head of I ever see you again.
    I’ll take some pay.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I’ll take some pay.

Too slow.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Too slow.
    I’m your huckleberry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Now, I'm feeling old. I watched Steve Tensi play. He wasn't awful, and to base his career on his W-L record and nothing further is a bit unfair.

Tensi's 43% completion pct. while a Bronco was nothing much but he was often playing from behind.

For those too young to know, the Broncos were an aerial circus from 1960-62 behind Frank Tripucka (ring of honor) and the cash-strapped Broncos actually made it to .500 (7-7) in 1962 under his leadership. Then came a pair of 2-win seasons that could largely be described as the nadir of Broncos football. Two QBs were the main starters during that time and I would nominate them as co-worst for QBs who made at least 10 starts:

Mickey Slaughter (1963-66) had a record of 2-15-2, a 49% completion pct. and a 22/38 TD/INT ratio.
    John McCormick (1963-68) had a better record (5-10) as a starter but his 38.5% completion pct. and 17/38 TD/INT ratio were far worse.

As for busts, you'd have to consider Paxton Lynch, Tommy Maddox and Tim Tebow since they were all first-round picks:

Lynch (2016-17): 1-3 as a starter, 61.7% completions and 4/4 TD/INT ratio.
    Maddox (1992-93) 0-4 as a starter, 54.9% completions and 6/9 TD/INT ratio.
    Tebow (2010-11) 8-6 as a starter, 47.3% completions and 17/9 TD/INT ratio. I guess you could say Tebow threw so poorly that not even defenders could catch them.

Tensi (1967-70) 10-21-1 as a starter, 43.0% completions and 38/45 TD/INT ratio.

All stats per Pro Football Reference.com
    You stole a good chuck of my thunder, but I can still add on more. The Broncos first "winning" season wasn't until '73 when 2 ties made us "winners" by just winning 7 out of 14 games. One tie the following season allowed us to repeat the feat. The 1st time we actually won more then half the games we played in a single season, 9 out of 14, wasn't until 1976 (our 17th season). During our 1st 13 year span, we had just 1 non-losing season, '62 when we were 7-7. In summation, the expansion Broncos were the reborn Browns of the old AFL.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Flacco was identified as the best QB for the Ravens, which surprised me, but I couldn't think of another Ravens' QB I would have listed above him. My question, however, is should Johnny Unitas be included because he played for Baltimore or should he be considered for the Indianapolis Colts. If for the Colts, then would you rank him over Manning as the greatest or best Colts QB? Similarly, since the Ravens were the Browns, should Otto Graham be included with the Ravens and then treat the expansion Browns like the Texans, Jaguars, etc. and only consider QBs who have played for the expansion Browns?
    You many need to sit down before reading this post because the spin job may make so dizzy you might fall down.

It is the official position of the NFL, Cleveland Browns & Baltimore Ravens that the Cleveland Browns franchise suspended operation at the end of the '95 season, then was reinstated as an expansion team that resumed the history of the franchise. The Ravens came into the league in '96 as an expansion franchise that inherited all of players, coaches and contracts of the '95 Browns; but was unrelated in anyway to the Cleveland Browns or Indianapolis Colts and their respective histories.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Tim Tebow and it’s not even close.

Thanks for asking.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    You stole a good chuck of my thunder, but I can still add on more. The Broncos first "winning" season wasn't until '73 when 2 ties made us "winners" by just winning 7 out of 14 games. One tie the following season allowed us to repeat the feat. The 1st time we actually won more then half the games we played in a single season, 9 out of 14, wasn't until 1976 (our 17th season). During our 1st 13 year span, we had just 1 non-losing season, '62 when we were 7-7. In summation, the expansion Broncos were the reborn Browns of the old AFL.
    Except they weren't expansion. They were a charter member of the American Football League with seven other teams (BUF, Boston, Dallas, Houston, NY Titans, Oakland, SD). Their big problem was money. Oakland was actually worse in the beginning. Oakland was made the eighth franchise after the Minnesota entry dropped out (the NFL counter-moved by putting expansion teams in Minnesota and Dallas). The initial ownership was in over their heads and wound up selling controlling interest to a coach of the Chargers named Al Davis. You know the rest of the story.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Except they weren't expansion. They were a charter member of the American Football League with seven other teams (BUF, Boston, Dallas, Houston, NY Titans, Oakland, SD). Their big problem was money. Oakland was actually worse in the beginning. Oakland was made the eighth franchise after the Minnesota entry dropped out (the NFL counter-moved by putting expansion teams in Minnesota and Dallas). The initial ownership was in over their heads and wound up selling controlling interest to a coach of the Chargers named Al Davis. You know the rest of the story.
    I consider the entire AFL to be an expansion league made up of 6 cities that got pass up on by the previous NFL expansion, plus New York and Los Angeles (were the Chargers played their 1st season before moving to San Diego in '61).

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Tebow would’ve been a good expansion team QB ... I’m just bullshittin, he sucks.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Lynch wasn't a regular starting QB. Orton started 28 games for the Broncos Tebow started 14. Nice try though lil' fella. I'll give you a pat on the head if I ever see you again.
    Jeez man, take it easy on MO.

#thatboydead
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

17. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Jeez man, take it easy on MO.

#thatboydead
    Yeah, no. I’m still here. Tebow. Way worse at quarterback than Orton.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yeah, no. I’m still here. Tebow. Way worse at quarterback than Orton.
    Sure, if you only care about arm talent.

I mainly care about winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information