Thread: NBA in talks to resume play at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NBA in talks to resume play at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

The NBA has entered into exploratory conversations with the Walt Disney Company about restarting the remainder of its season at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida, in late July, NBA spokesperson Mike Bass said Saturday.

"The NBA, in conjunction with the National Basketball Players Association, is engaged in exploratory conversations with The Walt Disney Company about restarting the 2019-20 NBA season in late July at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida as a single site for an NBA campus for games, practices and housing, Bass said. "Our priority continues to be the health and safety of all involved, and we are working with public health experts and government officials on a comprehensive set of guidelines to ensure that appropriate medical protocols and protections are in place."

The NBA suspended its season indefinitely on March 11, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    rest, plus video - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...sports-complex

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

the 220-acre ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, with its three arenas and ample hotel accommodations, would allow the league to restart play while limiting outside exposures.
    30-someodd teams playing and practicing in THREE arenas? Am I missing something here? Even on a 24/7 schedule, how can they hope to operate? Even with full quarantining, I would presume there would be some wipedowns after teams leave the arena. That doesn't leave a lot of time to be playing basketball, even if they play four games per day at each arena. Color me highly skeptical.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    30-someodd teams playing and practicing in THREE arenas? Am I missing something here? Even on a 24/7 schedule, how can they hope to operate? Even with full quarantining, I would presume there would be some wipedowns after teams leave the arena. That doesn't leave a lot of time to be playing basketball, even if they play four games per day at each arena. Color me highly skeptical.
    Sounds like the details are being worked out on Friday. I imagine it would be some kind of amended schedule to accommodate the lost time and maybe even a change in format for the playoffs. Should be interesting to see if they can pull it off in a fair and safe way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

All up in the air. Windhorst, in the video at the link, says they’re discussing formats with all 30 teams, playoff teams only or playoffs with play-in games/series for the lower seeds.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information