Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Film breakdown: Ring of Fame WR Rod Smith analyzes Jeudy, Hamler and Cleveland

North...shhhhhhhhh baby shhhhhhh.....sleepy Northman...shhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I don't see it like that but I get what you're saying. He also disemboweled VJ on the reg. Will you vigorously defend that too
    I have had to gently correct a Judge, a real life Judge, on an error they made that is more basic and fundamental than any falling Bolles could make. When I say literal day one legal shit, I mean literal day one legal shit. I didn't sneer, or correct with pomp, or anything. I politely, after being bitched at for just saying that what the judge wanted to do was a legal impossibility, stood there and delivered the law. But lawyers have to be kind to judges for all of the obvious and professional and respectful reasons, right?

Well, I used to lightly work in the journalism field, too. A news anchor on a sport short can't go off like Stink did, even on something like the Sandusky incident. I'm not saying Stink is Sandusky bad, I'm just saying the code of professionalism is that strict and that high. It's why a journalist doesn't sit down with a convicted killer via DNA and go "hey what's up loser, why you'd do it?'

It's basic shit. And Stink went well past whatever line there is.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    When Stink was calling the game and ranting and raving, it wasn't a good look. A pro is a pro. It was bad form for a commentator, and only accepted because he was a prior player. When I did journalism, that was what we coached to not do.

There are far better sources than Stink in regards to critiques on Bolles. I watched him make it quasi-personal. Instead of being an impartial commentator it was more akin to having a family member of a victim sit on the accused's jury. And, to be honest, while Stink can be illuminating, a lot of time he's just stirring the pot. Stink had a solid NFL career. But I can find better lineman giving opinions. Stink is a sharp guy, but I can find smarter human beings, too. He's granted a lot of leeway with us because he's a former Bronco. But that's not changing anything other than he used to wear the uniform.
    I didn't say you had to agree with these guys but as a former high level players they know some things about the game, at the NFL level.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Stink was pissed because the guy continually showed he can't play the position effectively but still allowed to start unchecked and unchallenged.

He as big of a fan of the team as we are.

this is my big problem with Bolles, the dude was handed the job on a platter and despite incompetency for he past years, he hasn't had to fight for his spot. Now he has Wilkinson as the competition its a charade and a shit one at that, stink is right to be pissed...how he goes out about it in his position on air that's a different part as they are suppose to be impartial so your right there king. However what he said had lots of merit.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Michael Irvin was a great WR and he's not exactly someone who has an opinion I respect. I cannot tell you how little use I have for Ditka, and he was a player and a coach. That's sort of the point, to be honest. Meanwhile some of the best analysts for QB play are guys who couldn't hack it in the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Stink was pissed because the guy continually showed he can't play the position effectively but still allowed to start unchecked and unchallenged.

He as big of a fan of the team as we are.

this is my big problem with Bolles, the dude was handed the job on a platter and despite incompetency for he past years, he hasn't had to fight for his spot. Now he has Wilkinson as the competition its a charade and a shit one at that, stink is right to be pissed...how he goes out about it in his position on air that's a different part as they are suppose to be impartial so your right there king. However what he said had lots of merit.

...and that was his problem too. He wasn't wrong. So why give him shit? He's paid to give his opinion and that's what he did

The guy forgot more about OLine play than we can ever know. I like hearing his breakdowns
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You assume he gives a shit about his wife.
    His words.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

...and that was his problem too. He wasn't wrong. So why give him shit? He's paid to give his opinion and that's what he did

The guy forgot more about OLine play than we can ever know. I like hearing his breakdowns
    Because he's entered a new profession. So he's either a pro or he's not. He's either a real journalist or he's not. Pick. Because if we're just going to overlook professionalism and actually doing the job right because we agree with someone, we're missing the point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

North...shhhhhhhhh baby shhhhhhh.....sleepy Northman...shhhh
    you bout ta bring godzilla out the sea, esse. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you bout ta bring godzilla out the sea, esse. . .
    Why? I'm right. I've identified the point of contention, the hypocrisy at hand, and the simple fact that you can get the same, if not better takes from better sources.

I won't capitulate just because I'm in the minority. I get it, I'm a bad fan. Whatevs.

His words.
    Maybe he likes to hold his wife. Holding = loving protection.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Maybe he likes to hold his wife. Holding = loving protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Journey is dead to me.

#TeamStevePerry
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Journey is dead to me.

#TeamStevePerry
    I'm with you there. Perry should have got that big contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm with you there. Perry should have got that big contract.
    Oh ... he’s gettin PAID too.

Btw, what contract?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information