Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Film breakdown: Ring of Fame WR Rod Smith analyzes Jeudy, Hamler and Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    All the Denver greats have relevance for their opinions, it doesn't matter if you disagree with them, they were great for a reason, while the game has changed at many positions. Players can see when players ball.....Good players know when a player fakes it to make it or the player is just not that good. I could care less what Orlando Franklin has to say as former OL player for example, but I have no issue listening to what Clady says. He was very good. I might disagree with takes from posters here or former players, but those former players that got it done at a high level are worth listening to because respect and what they achieved matters regardless of how long its been. They were great at what they did for however long. They were superstars or high level players for a reason. They weren't message board warriors at the keyboard lol.

I don't like Bolles, I think he is just not mentally strong enough to take criticism consistently and refine his game to be a long term assest, avg starter sure, worth a big extension not likely. However both OL players and DL players have had many examples of needing a few years to blossom.....maybe he needs that extra year *shrugs* I do know we could do worse then him like Wilkinson at LT for example that would be just downright stupid.....

Great players from years past deserve our respect they played and succeeded at the highest level of football Rod smith is a prime example......I don't think anyone on this board can beat that. Disagree with there takes sure...but what they say about the game still deserves some measure of respect from us.......

Just my take.....
    When Stink was calling the game and ranting and raving, it wasn't a good look. A pro is a pro. It was bad form for a commentator, and only accepted because he was a prior player. When I did journalism, that was what we coached to not do.

There are far better sources than Stink in regards to critiques on Bolles. I watched him make it quasi-personal. Instead of being an impartial commentator it was more akin to having a family member of a victim sit on the accused's jury. And, to be honest, while Stink can be illuminating, a lot of time he's just stirring the pot. Stink had a solid NFL career. But I can find better lineman giving opinions. Stink is a sharp guy, but I can find smarter human beings, too. He's granted a lot of leeway with us because he's a former Bronco. But that's not changing anything other than he used to wear the uniform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think Stink is making personal because he’s offended by Bolles’ sucktitudeness.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I think Stink is making personal because he’s offended by Bolles’ sucktitudeness.
    You misspelled sucktatudeness.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Stink would love to be all that disrespectful and that's fine, but we both know that if he went all tough guy in front of Bolles...he wouldn't.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Stink would love to be all that disrespectful and that's fine, but we both know that if he went all tough guy in front of Bolles...he wouldn't.
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    huh?
    I'll rephrase - Stink would never in his life talk that way about Bolles and carry on like that in front of him. Because he knows better.

Or put in a different light - when Stink was going off on Bolles on the game he called, with all that snark and rage, that was unprofessional and unbecoming. If he did that in front of Bolles, well, he wouldn't. Because it would be a broken down old man desperately trying to look like Commander Riker vs. Bolles.

That's my frustration, Hawg.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'll rephrase - Stink would never in his life talk that way about Bolles and carry on like that in front of him. Because he knows better.

Or put in a different light - when Stink was going off on Bolles on the game he called, with all that snark and rage, that was unprofessional and unbecoming. If he did that in front of Bolles, well, he wouldn't. Because it would be a broken down old man desperately trying to look like Commander Riker vs. Bolles.

Stink would fug up Bolles tonight.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Stink would fug up Bolles tonight.
    Prime Stink, maybe? This stink? I'll take the bigger, stronger, rage monster, Hawg.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Prime Stink, maybe? This stink? I'll take the bigger, stronger, rage monster, Hawg.
    Yeah probably. But it ain't no done deal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Stink was pissed because the guy continually showed he can't play the position effectively but still allowed to start unchecked and unchallenged.

He as big of a fan of the team as we are.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I remember when Bolles came into the league talking about protecting his QB like his wife ... all he’s done is hold ... I doubt that scares Stink/Deebo/Chez much at all.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I remember when Bolles came into the league talking about protecting his QB like his wife ... all he’s done is hold ... I doubt that scares Stink/Deebo/Chez much at all.
    You assume he gives a shit about his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Stink was pissed because the guy continually showed he can't play the position effectively but still allowed to start unchecked and unchallenged.

And he could have articulated that position like an adult. But he didn't. If we're going to call out Bolles for bad or average play, we can certainly call out Stink for failing at his job, too.

Unless he isn't supposed to be professional...you know...kind of like a shock jock...

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

And he could have articulated that position like an adult. But he didn't. If we're going to call out Bolles for bad or average play, we can certainly call out Stink for failing at his job, too.

Unless he isn't supposed to be professional...you know...kind of like a shock jock...
    I don't see it like that but I get what you're saying. He also disemboweled VJ on the reg. Will you vigorously defend that too
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

20. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What would be the point of Stink being confrontational to Bolles in person? Just because Stink used to be a Bronco doesnt mean he cant be critical of Denver players or other players across the league. Its not like Stinky is singling out only Denver players here. Its his job to be critical or even praise players so just because he's being critical of Bolles as a player does not mean he hate Bolles or would go out of his way to treat the guy like shit if they ever met or talked in person.

Shit, there are plenty of people i dislike but if im in the same room with them im not going to go out of my way to start an argument or fight with them. You can still dislike someone while being cordial in person if it came to that. In Stinks case he is doing a job as a commentator and there isnt anything really that great about Bolles as a player right now so the criticisms he is receiving are justified.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information