Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: Film breakdown: Ring of Fame WR Rod Smith analyzes Jeudy, Hamler and Cleveland

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    24,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Well, one guy retired in 2001 and the other played until 2006, so he's still in bounds if I recall Coach's stance properly.
    Hard to tell but since Smith is blowing orange smoke up our asses I’m sure he just squeaks into Coach’s criteria.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”

    “I’m just different!”

    Sign Colin Kaepernick!

    Penei Sewell LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Travis Etienne RB. Dylan Moses ILB. Patrick Surtain CB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Trey Sermon RB. Drew Himmelman LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Hard to tell but since Smith is blowing orange smoke up our asses I’m sure he just squeaks into Coach’s criteria.
    Coach isn't a homer. Granted he shit all over me for correctly ascertaining exactly what Keenum was. It hurt me deeply. But he's not a homer.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    24,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Coach isn't a homer. Granted he shit all over me for correctly ascertaining exactly what Keenum was. It hurt me deeply. But he's not a homer.
    Didn’t say he was a homer, I said Rod Smith is blowing orange smoke his ass.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”

    “I’m just different!”

    Sign Colin Kaepernick!

    Penei Sewell LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Travis Etienne RB. Dylan Moses ILB. Patrick Surtain CB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Trey Sermon RB. Drew Himmelman LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Didn’t say he was a homer, I said Rod Smith is blowing orange smoke his ass.
    Well, if he's not a homer then it wouldn't matter...
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    24,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Well, if he's not a homer then it wouldn't matter...
    I’m just saying people have criteria that needs to be met for criticism but not orange smoke.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”

    “I’m just different!”

    Sign Colin Kaepernick!

    Penei Sewell LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Travis Etienne RB. Dylan Moses ILB. Patrick Surtain CB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Trey Sermon RB. Drew Himmelman LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’m just saying people have criteria that needs to be met for criticism but not orange smoke.
    Oh I don't know if that's true with Coach, but I do doubt it. Your point has merit, but I believe you've misapplied it. I'm just a poet, though.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    24,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Oh I don't know if that's true with Coach, but I do doubt it. Your point has merit, but I believe you've misapplied it. I'm just a poet, though.
    I apply it to myself, soon as Clady weighs in I’m like “pfft! This mother******!”

    Ask Coach, is Smith’s analysis relevant? If so, where is the Drop Dead Date for being relevant? Does it matter if that player supports your argument?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”

    “I’m just different!”

    Sign Colin Kaepernick!

    Penei Sewell LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Travis Etienne RB. Dylan Moses ILB. Patrick Surtain CB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Trey Sermon RB. Drew Himmelman LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I apply it to myself, soon as Clady weighs in I’m like “pfft! This mother******!”

    Ask Coach, is Smith’s analysis relevant? If so, where is the Drop Dead Date for being relevant? Does it matter if that player supports your argument?
    Coach is in Texas doing Texas things right now.
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    24,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Coach is in Texas doing Texas things right now.
    I’m sure it’s just me, anyway.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”

    “I’m just different!”

    Sign Colin Kaepernick!

    Penei Sewell LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Travis Etienne RB. Dylan Moses ILB. Patrick Surtain CB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Trey Sermon RB. Drew Himmelman LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’m sure it’s just me, anyway.
    Well, at least my avatar is cool?
    I'm smooth with it because I know what to do with it.

  11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:


  12. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    24,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Well, at least my avatar is cool?
    Everything about King is cool.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”

    “I’m just different!”

    Sign Colin Kaepernick!

    Penei Sewell LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Travis Etienne RB. Dylan Moses ILB. Patrick Surtain CB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Trey Sermon RB. Drew Himmelman LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB.

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    37,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Everything about King is cool.
    the king is dead! long live the king. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  15. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    24,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the king is dead! long live the king. . .
    King is omnipresent and omnipotent.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”

    “I’m just different!”

    Sign Colin Kaepernick!

    Penei Sewell LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Travis Etienne RB. Dylan Moses ILB. Patrick Surtain CB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Trey Sermon RB. Drew Himmelman LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB.

  16. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  17. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    All the Denver greats have relevance for their opinions, it doesn't matter if you disagree with them, they were great for a reason, while the game has changed at many positions. Players can see when players ball.....Good players know when a player fakes it to make it or the player is just not that good. I could care less what Orlando Franklin has to say as former OL player for example, but I have no issue listening to what Clady says. He was very good. I might disagree with takes from posters here or former players, but those former players that got it done at a high level are worth listening to because respect and what they achieved matters regardless of how long its been. They were great at what they did for however long. They were superstars or high level players for a reason. They weren't message board warriors at the keyboard lol.

    I don't like Bolles, I think he is just not mentally strong enough to take criticism consistently and refine his game to be a long term assest, avg starter sure, worth a big extension not likely. However both OL players and DL players have had many examples of needing a few years to blossom.....maybe he needs that extra year *shrugs* I do know we could do worse then him like Wilkinson at LT for example that would be just downright stupid.....

    Great players from years past deserve our respect they played and succeeded at the highest level of football Rod smith is a prime example......I don't think anyone on this board can beat that. Disagree with there takes sure...but what they say about the game still deserves some measure of respect from us.......

    Just my take.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 05-26-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    2020 Broncos Lets Go!

  18. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    15,214

    Default

    No one dare disrespect Rod Smith
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  19. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-07-2020, 05:43 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2020, 07:09 PM
  3. Rod Smith to the Ring of Fame
    By GEM in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 11:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group