Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2020 schedule

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    But the T’s are a steaming pile of shit.

Five sacks in 5 games.

Our new and improved QB is actually a help to our steaming piles of excrement! We will be fine and things will get better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Five sacks in 5 games.

Our new and improved QB is actually a help to our steaming piles of excrement! We will be fine and things will get better.
    Profound!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Welcome to the NFL in 2020.
    Welcome to the Denver Broncos 2017-2020, the rest of the NFL isn’t this stupid. When the Browns and Jets are better at fixing a position than you are that’s on you.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Welcome to the Denver Broncos 2017-2020, the rest of the NFL isn’t this stupid. When the Browns and Jets are better at fixing a position than you are that’s on you.
    Two franchises that have won 5.5 games per season for the last decade. I don’t want to be anything like them.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Seriously. What good is Joe Thomas if you have Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Cody Kessler, Brian Hoyer, Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy, Jason Campbell and Charlie Frye throwing passes?

Who gives a **** who the left tackle of that team was?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’m talking about the current Broncos, Browns and Jets ... those two other teams found their QB in ‘18 and replaced their inept LT’s this year.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

I’m talking about the current Broncos, Browns and Jets ... those two other teams found their QB in ‘18 and replaced their inept LT’s this year.
    So then by that model, we still have a year to replace our inept LT. Then maybe we can end up like the Cowboys. Who went all in creating the best and most expensive OL in the NFL, then filled in the rest with Prescott and Elliott and Cooper...and still manage to only win 8 games.

Point being...there is no one size fits all blueprint for doing this.

9. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Two franchises that have won 5.5 games per season for the last decade. I don’t want to be anything like them.
    I never said be like them, the idea is to not be outdone by them.

But the point you make asks me to take a big picture approach of looking at the last decade at the same time Coach wants me to focus only on the last five games, so forgive me if I I go with his “small picture” approach when responding to him.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    So then by that model, we still have a year to replace our inept LT. Then maybe we can end up like the Cowboys. Who went all in creating the best and most expensive OL in the NFL, then filled in the rest with Prescott and Elliott and Cooper...and still manage to only win 8 games.

Point being...there is no one size fits all blueprint for doing this.
    Yeah, tick tock, tick tock.

As for blueprints, I’m talking about replacing a weak link with people that don’t think that weak link is a weak link, it’s not like I’m criticizing JFE for using HIS blueprint. I like how you mock my blueprint while saying there’s no one blueprint, though.

Btw, Prescott, and to a lesser extent Elliott, isn’t dick right now w/o that OL, imo.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

I never said be like them, the idea is to not be outdone by them.

But the point you make asks me to take a big picture approach of looking at the last decade at the same time Coach wants me to focus only on the last five games, so forgive me if I I go with his “small picture” approach when responding to him.
    The 5 game snapshot is an example...not the point. The point being there is NO ONE else on the roster right now to play that position. So you have to take the positive attributes and find a way to have them make up for or supercede the negative attributes. You know...crazy concepts like planning, strategizing and coaching. We learned a lot of things over the last 5 games and all the coaches can do is use that information to come up with the best game plan.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah, tick tock, tick tock.

As for blueprints, I’m talking about replacing a weak link with people that don’t think that weak link is a weak link, it’s not like I’m criticizing JFE for using HIS blueprint. I like how you mock my blueprint while saying there’s no one blueprint, though.

Btw, Prescott, and to a lesser extent Elliott, isn’t dick right now w/o that OL, imo.
    Not sure how I mocked you blueprint by saying there is more than one, but...ok. If there is another way for me to say there is more than one blueprint without "mocking" yours, please let me know and I'll use that from now on.

As it pertains to Prescott/Elliott...probably true. But there are guys like Tunsil and Brown and Fisher that look A LOT better and are given a ton of undue credit now that they are on a roster with a mobile QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The only two left tackles anyone thought were better than Bolles were picked before Denver’s selection and I doubt Elway was going to pay Trent Williams $20 mil a year. I’m just not sure what the options here were. So instead they focused on the weapons.

Even Kansas City has questions on their offensive line. You’re never going to have the perfect 11 pieces. That doesn’t exist, especially in today’s NFL. So there’s one position two bad franchises have better players than Denver at. That’s super specific and frankly I don’t think it much matters.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The 5 game snapshot is an example...not the point. The point being there is NO ONE else on the roster right now to play that position. So you have to take the positive attributes and find a way to have them make up for or supercede the negative attributes. You know...crazy concepts like planning, strategizing and coaching. We learned a lot of things over the last 5 games and all the coaches can do is use that information to come up with the best game plan.
    Yeah, I’m actively on board with doing that ... I’m just arguing with the notion that Bolles is somehow a different player based on the change at another position, I’ve been arguing with the ridiculous notion that Bolles shouldn’t be replaced by a 1st round pick.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The only two left tackles anyone thought were better than Bolles were picked before Denver’s selection and I doubt Elway was going to pay Trent Williams $20 mil a year. I’m just not sure what the options here were. So instead they focused on the weapons.

Even Kansas City has questions on their offensive line. You’re never going to have the perfect 11 pieces. That doesn’t exist, especially in today’s NFL. So there’s one position two bad franchises have better players than Denver at. That’s super specific and frankly I don’t think it much matters.
    No I’m stoked with the draft, I’m stoked with Jeudy and Hamler even if a LT was still there ... I’m just talking about Bolles/PFF vs Stink/Deebo/McChesney/Chazoe and what I think is a false narrative in the post-draft LT discussion.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah, I’m actively on board with doing that ... I’m just arguing with the notion that Bolles is somehow a different player based on the change at another position, I’ve been arguing with the ridiculous notion that Bolles shouldn’t be replaced by a 1st round pick.
    I'm not at all saying he somehow figured it all out week 13. All I'm saying is his deficiencies are hidden more with Lock at QB. I think the best example of this is Eric Fisher. His production was mediocre at best and he was considered by many to be a huge bust. Then Mahomes came along. Now his numbers and production look good on paper and no one is complaining about him or calling him a bust or clamoring for him to be replaced anymore.

As far as being replaced with a 1st round pick...sure. But really only Becton and Thomas were considered true left tackles in the draft and both went way higher than we could afford. The other two will have to transition and then maybe they'll excel there? We don't know. But we're also assuming Thomas is more mobile than any of his film shows and that Becton doesn't end up at 400 pounds in a year or two. So, if Peters isn't an option to sign, then I feel much better about next years class of tackles. 4 of which most likely would have been fairly graded higher than all 4 options that were available this year.

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information