Thread: North's battle of the bands- Album Edition

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default North's battle of the bands- Album Edition

Let me test the waters here and see how this goes. I presenting you all with 2 modern day rock albums that i find to be perfect records. And when you all have the time i would like for you to listen to them and then pick which one you thought was best. Dont be shy and you might actually enjoy this game and find some new music you may not have heard before.

Black Mountain- Destroyer

00:00 - Future Shade 05:11 - Horns Arising 12:02 - Closer To The Edge 14:56 - High Rise 21:08 - Pretty Little Lazies 26:07 - Boogie Lover 32:22 - Licensed To Drive 37:07 - FD'72

The Kundalini Genie- Its All In Your Head

00:00 Clouds Of Your Mind 06:02 It’s All In Your Head 11:59 Only Love (Liquid Technicolor) 17:58 Take You Away 23:58 The Future Of The Past Is Now 30:11 A Song Of Love 37:29 You’ll Find Out (When You’re On Your Own)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I agree with North that these albums are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I agree with North that these albums are great.
    Are you being sarcastic or actually like them? lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Are you being sarcastic or actually like them? lol
    No, you've pimped both bands on these forums and I really enjoy listening to them. I hope non-metalheads weigh in. Our musical tastes are very compatible, regardless of our current dick measuring contest in the 4-album thread.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I should say albums, not bands--I don't know more than one or two listens to these albums. I wish there were more hours in the day to listen to all the good music.

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, there is a lot of stuff out there. I still discover great new stuff everyday from both the rock and metal genres.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yea, there is a lot of stuff out there. I still discover great new stuff everyday from both the rock and metal genres.
    Nice.

Hey, I never got that boundary map with the Mason-Dixon line of metal and rock, can you re-send?

Cause I coulda swore that Metal was like Texas in the United States of Rockmerica.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nice.

Hey, I never got that boundary map with the Mason-Dixon line of metal and rock, can you re-send?

Cause I coulda swore that Metal was like Texas in the United States of Rockmerica.

I basically separate the rock and metal world as such,

Classic Rock
    Punk Rock
    Hard/Glam Rock
    Alternative Rock
    Heavy Metal
    Speed/Thrash Metal
    Death Metal
    Black Metal
    Doom Metal
    Goth/Symphonic Metal
    Power Metal
    Folk Metal

From there you have many subgenres and crossovers but as far as the main lines of distinction those would be it.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Just me, or does this

remind of this

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Pretty close.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Pretty close.
    So you hear it too. Not saying it's borrowed or anything, would be surprised if so. It just came to mind while listening.

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So you hear it too. Not saying it's borrowed or anything, would be surprised if so. It just came to mind while listening.
    I wouldnt be surprised if they are influenced in some way. Reminds me of the discussion i had with Missy when she discovered that Sweet's "Fox on the Run" was very similar to a Clapton tune she liked. At least i think it was Clapton but she was blown away.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information