Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos decide against 5th year of holding calls

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think Bolles, right now, could get somewhere between $8-10M guaranteed with $18-25M guaranteed. I don’t think that would be unreasonable for his experience.
    Agreed. But if he does happen to have a clean season...or a much improved season...that number could go up quite a bit. But, he'll also be age 29 going into the 2021 season, so I'm not sure how that will play into things for him. With his track record, will he get more than a 3 year deal??

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My dream is that Leatherwood declares for the supplemental draft (don't know when that is, Hell it might have already come and gone) and we draft him then.

I know I'm probably harder on Bolles than he deserves but I just can't stand him. His technique is terrible and he really just is a below average LT IMHO. I have eyes and watch too and I see a guy who can not help himself from holding and the main reason for it is his bad technique. He lets defenders get so close in to him before he starts handfighting, it's absurd. He is so ******* replaceable.

Here is the other thing for me. I don't care if every other player on the field is an illiterate dunce who thinks the Earth is flat and couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the "C" and the "T", but I don't want dumb QBs, ILBs or OL. Offensive Linemen need to be smart and I wouldn't be surprised if Bolles' IQ was similar to that of a sea cucumber.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    My dream is that Leatherwood declares for the supplemental draft (don't know when that is, Hell it might have already come and gone) and we draft him then.

I know I'm probably harder on Bolles than he deserves but I just can't stand him. His technique is terrible and he really just is a below average LT IMHO. I have eyes and watch too and I see a guy who can not help himself from holding and the main reason for it is his bad technique. He lets defenders get so close in to him before he starts handfighting, it's absurd. He is so ******* replaceable.
    I don’t disagree with any of this. You are too hard on him, but he does have bad technique.

I’m just not going to speculate on intelligence. It’s really hard to judge intelligence from speech and that’s all I have to go on.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Here is the other thing for me. I don't care if every other player on the field is an illiterate dunce who thinks the Earth is flat and couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the "C" and the "T", but I don't want dumb QBs, ILBs or OL. Offensive Linemen need to be smart and I wouldn't be surprised if Bolles' IQ was similar to that of a sea cucumber.
    Hard to argue with any of this. Only problem I see with Leatherwood is there might be some teams willing to give up higher draft picks for him than what we have. If most teams give him a first round grade, then we'd have to hope some OL needy teams don't bite. Bengals, Redskins, Chargers, Raiders, Jags...

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I hope Bolles gets PAID ... somewhere else.

However, Derek Wolfe, CHJ and Shelby Harris say hi.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I can hear it now... "But Erick Trickel isn't a former OL like Schlereth and Franklin. I'll take their word over everyone else."

Personally, I think the rest of the roster and controlling the cap is the main reason they declined the 5th year option. If he plays well this year and next, he'd be in line for an extension in 2022. So would Lindsay, Alexander, Sutton and maybe Miller. Add Chubb's 5th year option that same year and that's a ton of money to have to dole out on your own players in one season. Whereas in 2021, the only free agents are Harris, Wilkinson, Heuerman, Davis and a few others that won't command a ton of money. So, by not exercising the option, they can use this year to decide if they want to extend him and determine other contracts the following year. It basically buys them a year to make assessments on the 2022 FA's and decide who to keep and who to let go without having to add another contract to the mix. So...more of a move that is indicative to the intelligence of the front office and has less to do with Bolles performance.
    Stat geeks everywhere ... Unite!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Btw, Trickle is an idiot. Anyone who thinks Bolles is holding because he’s lonely is a bonafide idiot.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Eh, there are a lot of idiots across the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Btw, Trickle is an idiot. Anyone who thinks Bolles is holding because he’s lonely is a bonafide idiot.
    Can't say I really got that notion from the article, but...I do think there are reasons Bolles is what he is that don't have anything to do with his intelligence or skill. That's not to say that I think he'll ever be an All-Pro level LT, but he can be better in a better offense with better players. I'm not going to dig into the stats for a hundredth time that show the differences that happened once Lock was the starter or how Bolles compared to other "elite" linemen. At the end of the day, people are going to despise Bolles regardless of any evidence to the contrary. He could go 15 games without a penalty next season and then have a holding penalty in week 16 that negates a touchdown and people would call for his head.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Can't say I really got that notion from the article, but...I do think there are reasons Bolles is what he is that don't have anything to do with his intelligence or skill. That's not to say that I think he'll ever be an All-Pro level LT, but he can be better in a better offense with better players. I'm not going to dig into the stats for a hundredth time that show the differences that happened once Lock was the starter or how Bolles compared to other "elite" linemen. At the end of the day, people are going to despise Bolles regardless of any evidence to the contrary. He could go 15 games without a penalty next season and then have a holding penalty in week 16 that negates a touchdown and people would call for his head.
    I wouldn’t read those stats if you posted them anyway, I’ll take the opinion of people (Literally professional offensive lineman) that actually know how little those stats mean.

Bolles may actually become All-Pro and Elite, he certainly has the athletic ability to do so, but he’s been the same dude regardless of who was the starter, someone literally posted an article with evidence that proves that ... I’m sure you just missed it.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wouldn’t read those stats if you posted them anyway, I’ll take the opinion of people (Literally professional offensive lineman) that actually know how little those stats mean.

Bolles may actually become All-Pro and Elite, he certainly has the athletic ability to do so, but he’s been the same dude regardless of who was the starter, someone literally posted an article with evidence that proves that ... I’m sure you just missed it.
    Which article are you referring to?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

I guess I did. But either way...when former OL who haven't played the game in 20 years or had just as many penalties in their career start offering critique of a player playing today...I dismiss it. If Joe Thomas wants to chime in...fine. But Stink and Franklin mean nothing to me. Just my opinion.

This is so obviously correct that I can't really understand people who disagree. And you're not being "too harsh". Bolles is a lot worse than you are making out. He's just flat horrible. And I hate him worse with every holding call if that's possible.

It's been 3 years now. Bolles hasn't "gotten better." The reason he had fewer holding calls in the 5 games Lock played is that Lock can run faster than Flacco. So, when Bolles' man blows by him, Lock, seeing that from the shot-gun starts running and sometimes can make a play while on the run.

That doesn't make Bolles better. He still sucks just as bad as he ever did. Worst starting LT in football.

Elway refused to even draft an eventual replacement. Not even a 2nd or 3rd round LT to put in the rotation behind Bolles. Not even a lower tier T in FA. Nothing.

It's as if he hears all the criticism of Bolles and doubles down on his insistence that he was right to pick him. He "liked Bolles' athleticism" as he says often in defense of his draft pick. Who cares how athletic Bolles is?

Has he learned proper technique in 3 years of starting?

No. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post Bolles may actually become All-Pro and Elite, he certainly has the athletic ability to do so, but he’s been the same dude regardless of who was the starter, someone literally posted an article with evidence that proves that ... I’m sure you just missed it.
    Bolles had extreme athleticism in college -- and held all the time at Utah too, same as in the pros.

He's one of the most athletic linemen in the NFL. And it has never mattered.

It doesn't matter now. I really have no idea why some people (not you) argue Bolles is "getting better" or "turning a corner." It's just some form of magical thinking.

He's been just as athletic for years now and it has made and will make no difference.

When does a player who utterly sucks for 3 years suddenly become an All-Pro in his fourth season? (Not counting missing time for injury -- Bolles has been healthy all along).

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Bolles had extreme athleticism in college -- and held all the time at Utah too, same as in the pros.

He's one of the most athletic linemen in the NFL. And it has never mattered.

It doesn't matter now. I really have no idea why some people (not you) argue Bolles is "getting better" or "turning a corner." It's just some form of magical thinking.

He's been just as athletic for years now and it has made and will make no difference.

When does a player who utterly sucks for 3 years suddenly become an All-Pro in his fourth season? (Not counting missing time for injury -- Bolles has been healthy all along).
    Actually...if you take the time to read and process anything that differs with your own self proclaimed divine scripture, you'd probably see that NO ONE is banging the drum defending him as an elite talent or claiming any desire to extend him. We are merely stating that if his performance equals what it did the last 5 games of the season, then he'll be tolerable until a proper replacement can be found. Considering we haven't signed, drafted or traded for anything else (yet), the only option we have is to focus on how the positives attributes of his game can outweigh the negatives in this offense. Until they decide to sign Jason Peters...it is what it is. NO ONE said he'd be an All-Pro.

So take your hateful glasses off for a minute and look at the situation through rational eyes and maybe...just maybe...you'll eventually go on a tirade that doesn't immediately piss people off and make them ignore your ignorant ******* rants.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information