Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos decide against 5th year of holding calls

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

We’ll know by first game if Bolles is a 5 game fraud, once you’ve had his issues explained to you they become much easier For you/me to see real time.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I guess I’m not hearing Stink with the same bias, he’s right, that’s all that matters here.
    If there were a 'trial' it would take two minutes of showing him ranting and screaming and breaking every professional code available to pretty much eradicate him from the conversation. And being right isn't all that matters - if I have two people with the same determination but one of them goes 'Stink' and the other one...acts professionally...whose judgment do you trust? The answer isn't "they are the same," because the conclusion is only part of it - it matters how you got there.

I've seen him be so overly harsh and so over the top that I don't think he's objective about it anymore. And the fact that Clady can point to demonstrable things that Bolles has done and worked on pretty much tells me that (1). If a former player is the route to go, then I'll take the better player, and Stink was a solid player...Clady was one of the best LT's in the game and (2) it's very possible that Stink can't see those things for a variety of reasons, and it's not that Clady's wrong.

No one's throwing away every criticism of him. It's just that it gets old listening to the same rants with the same vitriol in it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Btw, if you think Stink is an holeass you should hear Chez, he’s worse and has no reason to shock.
    I've listened to him.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Clady’s analysis is void, sorry, not my rules.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Well, Clady didn't last play 20 years ago, so I don't know why you're out to hurt me. I'm just a ******* poet.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

To bad for you, I can listen to whom I wish.

I wouldn’t call Wilkinson “competition”, if he truly is that is flat out negligence.
    No lie! Wilkinson is the BEST option they are even considering at this point! And he's not really a serious upgrade. When Elway refused to address this issue in FA and then again in the draft, it means the team is stuck with Bolles.

Because Elway stubbornly sticks with his draft pick it seems like everybody loses their damn minds and starts spouting nonsense about how they are "waiting on Bolles to see if he gets better."

We've seen him for 3 years now. It's not good. Just because there were fewer holding calls when Drew Lock came in the game doesn't mean Bolles really improved. It simply means Drew Lock is more mobile and a better QB than Joe Flacco.

Well, duh. We could all see that before last season even began. It's just that -- once again -- everybody just seemed to defer to Elway, no matter how idiotic his "Joe Flacco is in his prime" plan seemed and the time, and has proven to be in retrospect.

Yes, Joe Is Washed Up. And Lock is better than Joe. Not a high bar to clear.

But, Bolles simply is trash and trying to pretend otherwise when you could simply watch him every game screwing up. It doesn't take a coach to see what is blind-obvious, like his man blowing past all the time.

9. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Of course Wilkinson is destined to start at RT, not left. Remember that Juwuan James fought the team all last season about whether his knee was really injured. The team kept saying he should be on the field. He kept not being on the field. They even publicly called him out at the weekly presser.

He said that he tried to come back and the knee buckled. The team elected not to have him undergo surgery. He still has not had surgery.

I heard a surgeon on the radio saying that injury will not normally heal without surgery. But, the rehab is lengthy and they kept hoping he could get back on the field. They were paying him a ton of $ and they didn't want him to just get surgery and go on IR.

They still are just in denial there. All it will take is some kind of serious stress on the knee and it's going to buckle again -- according to the surgeon dude at least.

Anybody want to bet on James being completely healthy this season or even playing a majority of the games? No?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Well, Clady didn't last play 20 years ago, so I don't know why you're out to hurt me. I'm just a ******* poet.
    Oh I’m sorry, as far as I know nobody has posted the cutoff for when a former NFL OL no longer knows more about playing OL in the NFL than some stat geek at PFF.

If you could point me Toward the peer-reviewed scientific study the subject that’d be great.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Oh, and btw, Stink literally wrote a book about playing OL.

This argument is beyond stupid.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Think about all the dumb presidents in your lifetime. How many of them how books...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Think about all the dumb presidents in your lifetime. How many of them how books...
    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-lt-gare...o-hope-in-2019

This article after the ‘18 season.

Maybe ... just maybe, this argument will stick this time.

Btw, when your PFF stat gets published on the subject you let me know.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Oh, and btw, Stink literally wrote a book about playing OL.

This argument is beyond stupid.
    Stink said he's also an unofficial OLine consultant. Teams brought him in to watch line highlights and break down film with them.

But he doesn't know shit.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

16. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

What does that have to do with writing a book?

Look, I can find smart people who saw an improved Bolles. And yeah, it's nice that they happen to see the same things that I saw. Everyone likes it when that happens. But between what I saw, Lock for another year, a belief in Munchak, the dearth of legitimate round one LT talent this draft, the high cost of a FA LT, and the fact that the game is changing what constitutes what a solid LT is, I'm fine with Bolles for one more season. There are a ton of factors. it's as you say, a want to go another direction.

And let me be very clear - there wasn't a LT in this draft class as talented a LT as Jeudy is WR. Andrews is a weak and imbalanced bum. Wirfs is still raw. Becton is a fatso-titty-boy, Jedrick is a huge question mark because he only played RT. It's what it is. Anyone who would take those LT over Jeudy from a sheer talent perspective is missing something.

It's time to style my boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Stink said he's also an unofficial OLine consultant. Teams brought him in to watch line highlights and break down film with them.

But he doesn't know shit.
    Those are the types of roles guys who aren't good enough to coach get.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information