Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Broncos decide against 5th year of holding calls

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He was an up and down player that struggled with injuries. At his peak, he was very good, but he had some years that were bad. That said, he was part of group that produced a 2,000 yard rusher and won two Super Bowls. He’s remembered well, but probably a little inflatedly.

I don’t think his legacy is what it is if we don’t have that shot of him and Elway smiling in the end zone during the Super Bowl. I also don’t think it’s wrong to acknowledge that truth.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He was an up and down player that struggled with injuries. At his peak, he was very good, but he had some years that were bad. That said, he was part of group that produced a 2,000 yard rusher and won two Super Bowls. He’s remembered well, but probably a little inflatedly.

I don’t think his legacy is what it is if we don’t have that shot of him and Elway smiling in the end zone during the Super Bowl. I also don’t think it’s wrong to acknowledge that truth.
    He struggled with injuries. No doubt. But I just wouldn't dismiss his role in their run. He was a valuable piece during their peak years
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    He struggled with injuries. No doubt. But I just wouldn't dismiss his role in their run. He was a valuable piece during their peak years
    I’m not. The first Super Bowl season was his best season and he was incredible.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I’m not. The first Super Bowl season was his best season and he was incredible.
    I didn't suggest you did.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Schlereth was a tackle, you guys would spend hours telling us how terrible he was.

Bolles, 34th, 24th, 23rd.

Only if he false started 20 times a game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Only if he false started 20 times a game.
    What if he missed 10 games?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

if stink had 12 holds in one season, people would have killed him for it, too. . . broncos fans ain't lettin' anybody slide on some shit like that. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I think the only opinion that has been tossed out by (some) this point is Stink...which is sort of the point.
    Deebo too, nobody has bothered to listen to Chez.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    if stink had 12 holds in one season, people would have killed him for it, too. . . broncos fans ain't lettin' anybody slide on some shit like that. . .
    14 holds.

Accepted ... holds.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-dr...p3000001112509

Apparently Parr doesn’t work for PFF.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Pro Bowlers have had similar holding numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-dr...p3000001112509

Apparently Parr doesn’t work for PFF.
    It's also a clear indication why I could produce better work in my sleep than some of these hacks.

If anyone looks at Cleveland's draft and think they played the board better than us, I can't help them. The Lions are ahead of us because they drafted a corner and a running back in the first and second?
    That writer clearly has a hard on for teams that took LT. I mean with such analysis like "well Becton has low floor potential but look how big he is," and 'Cleveland got their safety that can't tackle' I am astounded his prowess.

We could do it a better way: we landed the best WR, a guy who was a top ten talent, UNDISPUTED, in a passing league and then added another WR who some had a first round grade on. And our two players are more talented and have more upside than any of those teams. Enjoy Fatass Becton, a guy who gives up a ton of pressures on traditional passing sets and a safety that can't tackle.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Pro Bowlers have had similar holding numbers.
    any good ones?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

any good ones?
    You yelled at me for being against the pick of Bolles back in the day. It didn't matter that I was right about Ramysteickstein being the best tackle of the class, even though he's a RT. It didn't matter that I nailed Bolles' issues coming out of college. It was just 'we need a LT now' so just trust me. Believe in me, dammit. Tunsil was a good enough prospect that teams sabotaged his draft prospects and a rebuilding Miami team was able to get a decent haul for him in a trade. He just went to the PB. He's been a top ten LT in the league for awhile now. Is he Walter ******* Jones? No. Is he a very fine player? Yes.

Just believe in me, Dog. Just believe in your Poet for once.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information