Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Broncos decide against 5th year of holding calls

That's how you made him out to be until just now, Shazam. You made it out so sound like I thought this once in a lifetime OL Gawd was being called dumpster-water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Alex Gibbs had a great blocking scheme in place during the late 90's, early 2000's. The scheme was designed in such a way that made it very easy to take RB's who even if they were not as great as Davis or Portis could make them very effective. BUT, when Gibbs tried to use this method after he left Denver it was never quite the same or had the same effectiveness and this is because you still have to have the talent on the Oline to actually execute the system. Stinky and others on the Oline were hogs and all pro's and Mark will probably make the HOF one day and/or should. I think its very possible that the scheme plus the talent worked in tandem with one another and became the perfect mixture for success.

As to King's fandom he is a Bronco fan to me i dont know why people would want to challenge that. He's young and he used to root for another team but he's Bronco fam now so we should treat him accordingly. My first team i latched onto was Dallas and then i got smart in 82' and switched allegiances. If King feels that Mark wasnt that good or as good as others proclaim that is just his opinion even if i dont agree with it. Its hardly the end of the world here and there are many Bronco fans who disagree with me on Plummer so it is what it is.
    Every Debate is not an argument.

Hell, apparently this deserves its own thread.

I never heard ANYONE say this which is why it's shocking.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Every debate is not an argument is not a sentence that I understand. If you are trying to say that arguments are bad and debates are just discussing, then I get that. However, applying that *here* as a defense to *you* is illogical because by bashing me and my fandom you are making it into that negative thing, that argument, which you seem to be proclaiming you are not doing.

"I didn't kill him, I just shot him in the chest and he died of bleeding," is the structure of your argument.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    That's how you made him out to be until just now, Shazam. You made it out so sound like I thought this once in a lifetime OL Gawd was being called dumpster-water.
    Dumpster-water?

I never said he was a HoFer. He was a G and they're not as good as a T or probably even a career starting C. But he was a tough mFer, an verycl good blocker and played well against guys who were bigger and stronger than he was. He was better vs the run than in pass pro.

He also helped Nails tremendously in his first Season.

stop taking disagreements and debates so personally. We're talking about a football player for Christ's sake... and I already welcomed you to Fort Shazam during the apocalypse!

Good day sir!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Those are the types of roles guys who aren't good enough to coach get.
    Hmm ... and?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Boy ... that escalated quickly.

But ... Stink is the “shock jock”.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Boy ... that escalated quickly.

But ... Stink is the “shock jock”.
    I can write the most nuanced opinion ever and it still doesn't matter. I'm putting it all down. I'm taking the BroncoJoe route - I just root for the team now. The analysis is meaningless because it doesn't impact anything, and the exchange of ideas isn't captivating anymore. In Elway I trust.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I can write the most nuanced opinion ever and it still doesn't matter. I'm putting it all down. I'm taking the BroncoJoe route - I just root for the team now. The analysis is meaningless because it doesn't impact anything, and the exchange of ideas isn't captivating anymore. In Elway I trust.
    No, only the Stink/Deebo/Chez analysis is meaningless.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

No, only the Stink/Deebo/Chez analysis is meaningless.
    I think the only opinion that has been tossed out by (some) this point is Stink...which is sort of the point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

'Was Mark Schlereth an upper tier player or meh?'

It needs its own thread.

I say upper tier.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here are Schlereth’s approximate value rankings from Pro Football Reference.

Among guards: 57th, 50th, 3rd, 23rd, 63rd, 59th, 11th, 30th, 31st, 4th, 26th, 54th.

His Denver years: 11th, 30th, 31st, 4th, 26th, 54th.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Schlereth was a stud and part of a fantastic Oline. AND he peed his pants in the huddle. Who will ever beat that record??

Stink #1
    IN PATON I TRUST.

16. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If Schlereth was a tackle, you guys would spend hours telling us how terrible he was.

Bolles, 34th, 24th, 23rd.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He was a very good player. This needs a thread on its own. He was brilliant in SB32 along with the rest of the line

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information