Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos decide against 5th year of holding calls

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He is so much worse than the "Hey he ain't that bad" crowd tries to suggest.

How do you lead the league in holding for three consecutive years? He struggled with holding in college. It would be silly to expect that he could 1.) Change at this stage 2.) Shed his reputation around the league.

We can do better. This one didn't work out. I'll be interested to see if they try to give Wilkinson more of an opportunity.
    Bolles is an asset.

He is what an average LT looks like in 2020. You know the saying "they don't make them like they used to anymore," well guess what buddy, LT's are there, too.

The top LT this year was a guy who lacked physical strength, balance, and top shelf athleticism and physical capability. Remember when you were okay with heavily critiquing Denzel Ward because he was a little short? Well do that type of analysis on LT's in the draft and around the league and you'll see why so many busted LT's are turning into 'good guards'. They suck. They aren't coached well. The college game diluted everything.

If you want to pay top shelf picks and money for LT's that's fine. But to get an above average LT costs so much I'll take Bolles and wait for prospects worth the pick. Bolles is an asset to the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Your posting style is based on L. Ron Hubbard?
    I'm going to guess I used the wrong word then? Dialectical was probably the wrong word. I apologize.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The "Bolles sucks" narrative is lazy.

Don't be lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I'm going to guess I used the wrong word then? Dialectical was probably the wrong word. I apologize.
    It was a joke, you sexy bitch.

6. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Bolles is an asset.

He is what an average LT looks like in 2020. You know the saying "they don't make them like they used to anymore," well guess what buddy, LT's are there, too.

The top LT this year was a guy who lacked physical strength, balance, and top shelf athleticism and physical capability. Remember when you were okay with heavily critiquing Denzel Ward because he was a little short? Well do that type of analysis on LT's in the draft and around the league and you'll see why so many busted LT's are turning into 'good guards'. They suck. They aren't coached well. The college game diluted everything.

If you want to pay top shelf picks and money for LT's that's fine. But to get an above average LT costs so much I'll take Bolles and wait for prospects worth the pick. Bolles is an asset to the team.
    He is an asset in so far as he has one more year on his rookie deal, and he is physically capable of playing left tackle -- and he doesn't get hurt very often. Beyond that, any replacement level player gets us the same production. I hope he enjoys his final year as a Denver Bronco.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He is an asset in so far as he has one more year on his rookie deal, and he is physically capable of playing left tackle -- and he doesn't get hurt very often. Beyond that, any replacement level player gets us the same production. I hope he enjoys his final year as a Denver Bronco.
    He is an asset in that he is an average LT being paid pennies on the dollar. When he has a solid year and we resign him on a discount as a LT so many people are going to be sad.

Bolles is probably going to be a Broncos for this season and another contract.

It was a joke, you sexy bitch.
    NTL, get off of Slim's account!

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

NTL, get off of Slim's account!
    Well, that was uncalled for!

Good day!!!

13. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Well, that was uncalled for!

Good day!!!
    I just got back and felt overwhelmed I am sorry I am Iam.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I just got back and felt overwhelmed I am sorry I am Iam.
    I said good day!!!

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

I said good day!!!
    Bolles might not block well in pass-pro, but he's blocking our love!

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

The Broncos looked at the Tackles available to them in this year's draft and declined to have another Bolles / Sambrailo / Schofield / Franklin situation happen to them again.

They also declined the option on Bolles, as he is not the answer. I mean, they could always sign him to an extension, but I don't expect it.

I do expect them to grab one of the good OTs available next year. They might have to move up, but it's way too early to say and if this year's meat-n-potatoes draft works out they can spend a few picks to get the one OT they really want. Not Sewell (they're not getting up to him no matter what) but someone.

What Denver has isn't sufficient for the long term. What they could get in this draft wasn't either. It's a roll of the dice to wait, but no more than it is to invest in a Bolles-type pick and have it not pan out.

So for now, Bolles is the placeholder (assuming he doesn't lose his job to Wilkinson, and I do make that assumption) and we'll see what the rest of the team can do while we take one more year to get the LTOTF.

We hope.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    The Broncos looked at the Tackles available to them in this year's draft and declined to have another Bolles / Sambrailo / Schofield / Franklin situation happen to them again.

They also declined the option on Bolles, as he is not the answer. I mean, they could always sign him to an extension, but I don't expect it.

I do expect them to grab one of the good OTs available next year. They might have to move up, but it's way too early to say and if this year's meat-n-potatoes draft works out they can spend a few picks to get the one OT they really want. Not Sewell (they're not getting up to him no matter what) but someone.

What Denver has isn't sufficient for the long term. What they could get in this draft wasn't either. It's a roll of the dice to wait, but no more than it is to invest in a Bolles-type pick and have it not pan out.

So for now, Bolles is the placeholder (assuming he doesn't lose his job to Wilkinson, and I do make that assumption) and we'll see what the rest of the team can do while we take one more year to get the LTOTF.

We hope.
    Thank you, G. It speaks volumes that the least gifted LT was the first off the board.

Becton gives up pressures at an alarming rate on standard dropback passes. I sure hope running the ball on the left side is worth it.

Willis is a RT and couldn't unseat the superior LT on his team. He's the biggest wildcard. The last time 'Bama had a RT like that was Andre Smith. Who, is still in the league...but...was a fat loser and could only be a right tackle. Willis probably will work hard and isn't a leech-bum, but if he's a first rounder it should have been on the back quarter/half of the first.

Wirfs is versatile...I figured he'd be the first tackle taken because he has just enough polish to go with that talent. I'm sure these guys will stick in the league enough to get at least four or five years in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Your posting style is based on L. Ron Hubbard?
    L. Ron Hubbard is known for dianetics not dialectics.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    L. Ron Hubbard is known for dianetics not dialectics.
    Or, depending on what you think of his cult, he was known for diuretics.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

25. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information